Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Chase Dvd?

Options
  • 13-06-2011 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭

Hey Poeple !, finally getting around to start go through all my videos and pics .

Seeing as there all in HD and even tough ill be cutting them down there is still a good bit of footage.

Was wondering if i was to burn the final onto dvd ( i can make a trailer ) , would anyone anyone like to buy a copy off me ? Price probably only 5euro depending one how much footage i get to put on it. All moneys will obviously go into my savings account for next year! :D

So ye , if you's think its a good idea please Reply with thumbs up. Dont really want to put hours of editing into something not worth it in the end.

Sorry if its off topic . Mods feel free to change/ rid of @ ur wish .

... Now , back to editing! :D

Comments

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Hey Poeple !, finally getting around to start go through all my videos and pics .

Seeing as there all in HD and even tough ill be cutting them down there is still a good bit of footage.

Was wondering if i was to burn the final onto dvd ( i can make a trailer ) , would anyone anyone like to buy a copy off me ? Price probably only 5euro depending one how much footage i get to put on it. All moneys will obviously go into my savings account for next year! :D

So ye , if you's think its a good idea please Reply with thumbs up. Dont really want to put hours of editing into something not worth it in the end.

Sorry if its off topic . Mods feel free to change/ rid of @ ur wish .

... Now , back to editing! :D

I would. :) You're a nice guy. :) you're full of enthusiasm, be glad to give ye an aul fiver :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Jake1 wrote: »
    I would. :) You're a nice guy. :) you're full of enthusiasm, be glad to give ye an aul fiver :)

Thanks :D ... ill try inject some of my " enthusiasmness " :) into the videos! ha :)

Thanks :D ... ill try inject some of my " enthusiasmness " :) into the videos! ha :)

ye bleedin better for a fiver HAH! LOL ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

I'd happily give you a fiver (or maybe even a tenner :eek:) towards your next trip, but I think you'd be better off having the footage available online for free and set up some kind of fundraising page with links to it so people can donate what they wish, through paypal maybe or on a site along the lines of mycharity.ie. I think you'd do a lot better this way. I don;t think people would like giving out thier home address to receive the DVD either.

Rougies wrote: »
    I'd happily give you a fiver (or maybe even a tenner :eek:) towards your next trip, but I think you'd be better off having the footage available online for free and set up some kind of fundraising page with links to it so people can donate what they wish, through paypal maybe or on a site along the lines of mycharity.ie. I think you'd do a lot better this way. I don;t think people would like giving out thier home address to receive the DVD either.

AH thanks , thats a brilliant idea! , i agree with the address thing.
    I'll look into doing that so ! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Count me in. Half thinking about doing a tornado tour next year if i can get away.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

I pay a tenner for a signed copy :D:D:p

Thanks guys!, i really didnt think about this until my brother asked me how i was gonna put up nearly 2 hours of footage onto youtube! haha...

Ah signed copy for a tenner!?... deal! haha

So ye, ill try have a trailer done by friday and give more details about it.

talkabout... u planning on doing it with net weather or another group?..
    Tour 4 next year ill be goin on :)... 3 and 4 at this rate! hahaha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Was looking at netweather but I don't think i can afford it next year as i have at least one wedding abroad. I take it you would recommend netweather. Lived n the states for over three years so I would make it part of a bigger holiday

talkabout wrote: »
    Was looking at netweather but I don't think i can afford it next year as i have at least one wedding abroad. I take it you would recommend netweather. Lived n the states for over three years so I would make it part of a bigger holiday

AH cool i see, ye its a lot of money , so if ya can travel around america in ur own way its obviously much cheaper to do it that way.

Ya really should think then about gettin a Boran or GRLevel 3... there the programmes we wer using. ANd ultimately what kept us all safe out there.

Seeing as i finished looking through the videos from my iphone yesterday i decided to make yas a trailer out of that ! ( no tornadoes on my iphone shots just to let ya know . )

Shall upload in the next few hours :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

AH cool i see, ye its a lot of money , so if ya can travel around america in ur own way its obviously much cheaper to do it that way.

Ya really should think then about gettin a Boran or GRLevel 3... there the programmes we wer using. ANd ultimately what kept us all safe out there.

Seeing as i finished looking through the videos from my iphone yesterday i decided to make yas a trailer out of that ! ( no tornadoes on my iphone shots just to let ya know . )

Shall upload in the next few hours :)

After your trip would you recommend going over and just hiring a car and going storm chasing with mobile broadband for live info?:D

Won't have the money for a good few years but when I do, any weather nuts are welcome to come along on the 'run on a shoe string' storm chase:pac:

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    After your trip would you recommend going over and just hiring a car and going storm chasing with mobile broadband for live info?:D

Won't have the money for a good few years but when I do, any weather nuts are welcome to come along on the 'run on a shoe string' storm chase:pac:

Ye basically, thats what alot of lone chasers do... A good car, a labtop, mobile 3/4G internet and then with Boron or GRLevel 3... And your away!

ID certainly would do it if i could drive and that.
    :)

Uploading trailer now... will take awhile though.

:) - ENJOY - :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

That trailer was class,fair play.:)

lord lucan wrote: »
    That trailer was class,fair play.:)

Thanks Man, hopefully i can make the actual film as good! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

Great Vid Ian. Would love to buy the finished product on Bluray ;)

highdef wrote: »
    Great Vid Ian. Would love to buy the finished product on Bluray ;)

If only i had a blu ray burner! haha..:pac:

Loved the trailer

What software did you use to make it ?

This way making a ham sandwich can look like a life changing experience :D:D

weisses wrote: »
    Loved the trailer

What software did you use to make it ?

This way making a ham sandwich can look like a life changing experience :D:D

Thanks Weisses... Im using iMovie on my New Mac Book Pro which i bought over there, its real handy! :)

ITs gonna be hard to try decipher what footage will be classed as "Not Interesting" enough for you's ... lightning for example... do yous wanna see the whole shabang or just the best bits?...

Or do you's think the longer the film the better???....

ITs gonna be hard to try decipher what footage will be classed as "Not Interesting" enough for you's ... lightning for example... do yous wanna see the whole shabang or just the best bits?...

Personally i would say a more diary approach when making this would be nice ..... (take the viewer with you on the trip)

But hey that's just my thought

• Advertisement

Dvd Runtime To be Approximately 1hr , 30mins Folks :)

267789_10150294479331718_631736717_9813991_3649114_n.jpg

SHould be sending them out from the 1st Folks :)... Anyone who'd like a copy, and hasn't already let me know, please feel free to email me at Iancarr29@hotmail.com. :)

Content: Film and Slideshow
    Runtime: Just over 1.5hrs

Finally found the one i wanted to show yas! ha :)

Anyone spot the famous person? :)

164541.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tornando9

That'll be Sean Casey. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Tornando9 wrote: »
    That'll be Sean Casey. :)

Aye mr Casey, i hate that man. Very like a spoilt kid!

skipz wrote: »
    Aye mr Casey, i hate that man. Very like a spoilt kid!

Yeah ... ur right i hate everyone that tries to make something of their life :cool:

grow up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Well done on the trailers Ian.

MacBook Pro, the only way to go :D

FCP for you next I think Ian ;) and a trip to the AV section of Boards...

Apologies if this has been covered in another thread, but what did you use to record the footage?

Will definately be sending you a PM.

Tactical wrote: »
    Well done on the trailers Ian.

MacBook Pro, the only way to go :D

FCP for you next I think Ian ;) and a trip to the AV section of Boards...

Apologies if this has been covered in another thread, but what did you use to record the footage?

Will definately be sending you a PM.

Hey , ye Im so glad i picked one up while in america, its so easy to use!

what FCP ? ha, and why would i wanna go to the AV section?, would people from there like it?ha

Cool man... fire away!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Thanks Weisses... Im using iMovie on my New Mac Book Pro which i bought over there, its real handy! :)

Telling people you just bought a new mac book pro won't do wonders for your fund raising efforts!!!

Advertisement