Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nationwide broadband problem?

• 13-06-2011 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

So for the last few days my internet has been acting strange for no reason, i've not changed anything with the line and the router is only a few months old (one of those stand up white routers from vodafone, not sure the model) anyway things like google talk can work fine, i can chat to people no problem, while webpages won't load or torrents work fine (getting 850kbps on an 8mbit line) while i can't connect to steam or various other problems like online features in some games working, in some working sometimes but cutting in and out and others not at all. These problems all vary hour by hour and it's never the same set of problems.

Now i live in wexford and i've been keeping an eye on where the server i'm being routed to is over the last few days and it's varied from carlow, waterford, dublin, newbridge and weirdest of all swords. I've been in contact with a few friends down home, Offaly, one with Vodafone and one with Eircom, the one with the vodafone connection has had no net for days, the one with the eircom connection is reporting the exact same problems as me. Then i come here and read about all the people having simular problems as myself...after the fiasco a few months ago of 'all the broadband in the south east' going down and several other problems before and since i'm really starting to wonder if there's some serious flaw with the network that they're not admitting to.

I really wish someone would bring in a law that they're only allowed charge you for how much broadband they actually provide, say if you can only connect for 85% of the month you should only have to pay 85% of your bill, they'd be right quick about fixing every problem then.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭MichealKenny

there is a major flaw in the Irish broadband system, apart from 3g, upc and I think magnet, Its all owned by Eircom, that's the problem right there, I found eircom do offer very stable broadband that is hardly ever, if ever, down, but that broadband is slow and expensive, we are stuck like this because eircom owns it all, other companies cant innovate because they rely on eircom, and eircom cares about money, even if you absolutely hate eircom, you're giving them money some way even if they are not your isp, so they don't care, they're making money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I'd say kbo.ie will be outta business by midnight myself :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,484 ✭✭✭Nollog

I don't get it, above posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I don't get it, above posters.

tooway broadband got banned from boards at 11:59 :P nice estimate :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement