Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco - Ripping off again - Baby cooking sauce

Options
  • 13-06-2011 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Tesco Ireland have a "promotion" for the Heinz cook at home baby sauce pouches. 33% off - so most are now 0.66

All good except they have a new variety in stock (vegetable sauce) not seen it before - this one is marked as WAS 2.67 and is NOW 1.79
    a) are Tesco obliged to say where and when it was ever on sale at 2.67 ? (Never mind who would be insane to buy a baby sauce at that price)
    b) this identical sauce is on sale just across the border for £0.58p

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268035636
    http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268035636

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

A baby cooking sauce :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    A baby cooking sauce :eek:

Yeah, the baby tastes too dry otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Its probably a mistake. - Send them an email with the product details and you may find it gets changed fairly quickly.

I found this about a year ago, something that was 29p in NI was €4.63 here. They claimed that the person entering the price used the outer pack price instead of the individual item price. - 2 days later and price was 39c.

Mistakes do happen sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

mobpd wrote: »
    Tesco Ireland have a "promotion" for the Heinz cook at home baby sauce pouches. 33% off - so most are now 0.66

All good except they have a new variety in stock (vegetable sauce) not seen it before - this one is marked as WAS 2.67 and is NOW 1.79
    a) are Tesco obliged to say where and when it was ever on sale at 2.67 ? (Never mind who would be insane to buy a baby sauce at that price)
    b) this identical sauce is on sale just across the border for £0.58p

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268035636
    http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268035636

who in their right mind would bother buying stuff like that for babies?

mash up some fresh carrots, spuds etc ...... you'd have grub for a couple of weeks for the price of a couple of tesco 'pouches' of which you have no real idea of what is in them.

Anyway, back on topic ...if you ain't happy with the price don't pay it. You will probably find that tesco have just about adhered to the advertising standards required and thus have done nothing wrong.

personally I wouldn't go in the door of a tesco for many reasons, they are there to make a profit and tend to do whatever the can to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Sounds like a cock up, we have 2 of those sauces, 1 is chicken gravy the other is tomato and basil or something, they are both 66c with the discount. I think they are 85g, there about the size of a cat food pouch.

Your links aren't working but try complaining to customer service they might give you something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

whippet wrote: »

personally I wouldn't go in the door of a tesco for many reasons, they are there to make a profit and tend to do whatever the can to do so.

Shock horror, a company is out to make a profit. :D
    Seriously, do you think Dunnes, SV, Lidl and Aldi are charities??? Or that any other company/store out there on the high st are in it for anything other than the money??
    I'm sure you take the same stance for companies such as clothing stores that have been exposed for using sweat shops in third world countries, or tea/coffee companies that don't pay fair trade for commodities.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

Shock horror, a company is out to make a profit. :D
    Seriously, do you think Dunnes, SV, Lidl and Aldi are charities??? Or that any other company/store out there on the high st are in it for anything other than the money??
    I'm sure you take the same stance for companies such as clothing stores that have been exposed for using sweat shops in third world countries, or tea/coffee companies that don't pay fair trade for commodities.

Yeah I do think they are charities :rolleyes:

Re-read my comment, while I said that Tesco are there to make profit, I also said there are many reasons why I wouldn't go in to one of their stores. Which would something for another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

whippet wrote: »
    who in their right mind would bother buying stuff like that for babies?

mash up some fresh carrots, spuds etc ...... you'd have grub for a couple of weeks for the price of a couple of tesco 'pouches' of which you have no real idea of what is in them.

Anyway, back on topic ...if you ain't happy with the price don't pay it. You will probably find that tesco have just about adhered to the advertising standards required and thus have done nothing wrong.

Most parents aren't in their right minds when they've got screaming babies to look after, so they must be the ones buying the stuff.

The baby food contents must be a subject for the conspiracy theory forum.

Advertisement