Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic on 103.2

Options
  • 14-06-2011 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

So I listen daily to Dublin city 103.2 I(i think) for the traffic news. A few times now I've thought I heard the guy call a particular area/road/ roundabout, and I'm not sure if I'm hearing this right, the Bolognase, Bollocknase,Bollignase, I'm not sure which it is or indeed if I need the get the power washer to my ear holes. I've have never heard of such a place in Dublin,and I've been driving around for over 25 years daily. So have you,is it a local name for a local spot somewhere, is it his own makey up name for something or other,am I going insane. He usually mentions the place at least once a day and tbh if I find out it his own stupid name for the red cow roundabout or somewhere I'll be going back to newstalk. If I get no joy here I suppose I'll have to trump up the 30 cent and text him but I hate spending 30 centess.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

there is a roundabout in Cabra called Boogie but its not a major roundabout, so i wont think its one but i always have a giggle going around it (yes, i am easily amused) :o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Spaghetti Junction, maybe? My guess is the Red Cow snafu.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Would it be the 'Ball at Naas'?

picsBALL.jpg

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote: »

picsBALL.jpg
    You are probably right, but I prefer my theory! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Hermy wrote: »

picsBALL.jpg

Insert huge LOL here. Christ,The ball at Naas, thanks Hermy, I'm having a D'oh moment.:o:o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

This has might vote for thread of the month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

great thread.

I love those guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

fantastic thread. Laughing heartily here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

richardjjd wrote: »
    This has might vote for thread of the month.

Me too!!!

Class!!!

I am obviously missing something? :confused:

Maybe it's because I don't listen to that station..... :pac: or any station, while driving.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

:)

Advertisement