Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

double stroller that will use maxi cosi?

Options
  • 14-06-2011 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

hi all, our second is due in 4 weeks and our first is just gone 10 months. We are looking at getting a double buggy but want one that will use the maxi cosi for the newborn and a second seat for the 10 month old at the same time. The phil and teds, explorer and vibe(?) wont do both at the same time. can anyone recomend what we are looking for?
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Maybe one of the i-candys? Peach or Pear

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holidaygirl

The P&T Explorer will take a maxi Cosi seat.

The Bugaboo Donkey & The baby jogger city Series and Summit can all take the maxi cosi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

ICandy Pear or Peach, Bugaboo Donkey, Baby Jogger City Select... One of the Jane's... I think it's the Twin Pro takes Maxi Cosi too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭splashthecash

haha - my wife was asking the same question a few months ago...what will we do when the new baby comes. We have a 16mth old and are due in Oct 11...We (she) chose the City Select and I have to say, very impressed. We had a test in a place in Dundrum (one of the few places in Ireland) that sell it and its great!

Here is a link to a pretty good review of it - it allows for something like 16 different combinations of seats\car seats\carry cot (there are Maxi Cosi adaptors that you can buy for it)

If you do get it, let me know and I'll send you the place where we got ours...worked out about €150-€200 cheaper than Irish shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There's a place in Dun Laoghaire called Tiggle that are doing the City Select with two infant seat units and one carry cot for €799 at the moment, saw an ad for it in the Evening Herald the other day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Charlies Angel

I'm interested in the baby jogger city select. Saw the offer in Tiggle.

Just wondering, Splashthecash, did you get yours for less that 800 euro?

(includes frame, 2 seats and 1 carrycot/bassinet thingy!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I'm interested in the baby jogger city select. Saw the offer in Tiggle.

Just wondering, Splashthecash, did you get yours for less that 800 euro?

(includes frame, 2 seats and 1 carrycot/bassinet thingy!)

We paid £695 which came in at just under €800 (about €790 i think)

For that we got:
    - frame
    - two seats
    - 1 carrycot
    - two rain covers
    - isofix adaptors
    - free delivery from the UK

Haven't seen a better deal in Ireland..

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

The Nipper Out and About has a new version coming out in August that is supposed to have adaptors for the maxi cosi available for it. It's also got a few other improvements to it.

Having researched quite a lot so far this is what I am leaning towards getting, Have a bit of time before the decision is final though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

thanks guys, we ended up going for the phil and teds exlorer, its on special at the min in mother cae for 559 and pay and extra 30 for the adapter for the maxi cosi.... total 589 was a good deal.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The Nipper Out and About has a new version coming out in August that is supposed to have adaptors for the maxi cosi available for it. It's also got a few other improvements to it.

Having researched quite a lot so far this is what I am leaning towards getting, Have a bit of time before the decision is final though.

haha
    you know you are a mother when this excites you.(me not you)
    Love my out and about nipper but would love ot be able to put the small baby in in her car seat sometimes:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Charlies Angel

We paid £695 which came in at just under €800 (about €790 i think)

For that we got:
    - frame
    - two seats
    - 1 carrycot
    - two rain covers
    - isofix adaptors
    - free delivery from the UK

Haven't seen a better deal in Ireland..

That sounds fantastic. Where would I get this deal?

Advertisement