Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two wireless networks in the same house

Options
  • 14-06-2011 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

At present I have a dovado umr mobile broadband router which is perfect for using the Internet. I want to be able to stream hd video from my mac to an apple tv and attach a NAS device too which the umr is incapable of doing.Is it possible to use an airport extreme purely for the purpose of the NAS and streaming and not interfere with the dovado router?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

jonseyblub wrote: »
    At present I have a dovado umr mobile broadband router which is perfect for using the Internet. I want to be able to stream hd video from my mac to an apple tv and attach a NAS device too which the umr is incapable of doing.Is it possible to use an airport extreme purely for the purpose of the NAS and streaming and not interfere with the dovado router?

If you set up two wireless networks there should be no problem. Make sure they are far apart so as to avoid any interference - use channel 1 and 11 for a start.

Advertisement