Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foundation Frustration!

• 14-06-2011 1:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭

Arrrghhhh!!! :mad:

I bought this Smashbox "Camera ready full-cover foundation", right, and it looked so very nice, with a lovely brush and all. And it's Smashbox, so it has to be good, right? Eh. No.

I'm about halfway finished it and want to stop using it. I think I need to clean the brush, but is there any way I can clean the surface of the foundation in the compact itself? I can't stop thinking about germs and things on it. Plus it looks kind of....grubby.

So with that in mind, can anyone recommend foundations? I've tried so many different kinds, and really liked the Bare Escentuals one, but are there any others that are good for your skin like they (supposedly) are that I might not have heard of?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I'm using Revlon PhotoReady foundation right now and I find it great.

When you're on the lookout for a foundation you should think about yourself first like what kind of skin type you are.. If you have oily skin buy a foundation that is oil free or oil controlled. Also check how much coverage you need, cream and compact foundations offer the most coverage while tinted moisturizers and primers would off light coverage.

Never and I mean never buy a foundation because of its brand name I've used plenty of cheaper foundations that have worked brilliantly on my skin. Lots of people make the mistake and go straight for MAC without thinking and they spend so much and inevitably it ends up getting chucked out after you spending a fortune on it.

As for brushes make sure you clean your makeup brushes regularly! When you apply makeup the oils from your skin soak up in the brush and it acts like a sponge holding it all in and when you use it without cleaning it can cause spots and blackheads.

The best thing I can tell you to do is to go to a few makeup counters in Brown Thomas and let the people there give you advice and apply some makeup on you.

Goodluck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

maybe tell us more about your skin type and what you like(full/natural cover, dry oily comb etc)? i like full coverage but ive pretty good skin, combination, used to be on oily side now a bit more normal as i get older.. i use estee lauder double wear, love it and am never able to find anything that suits me better.i dont love the price ad would love something a little more natural

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

I saw a Mac one that's foundation and powder? My skin shines a little and I hate it, so I have a Clarins powder compact to touch it up during the day. I'm not entirely sure as to my skin type? Perhaps normal. A little oily in places, a little dry in others. The thing though is that although I have good skin, I dislike my complexion. Is that the word? The overall colour of it. It can get blotchy. Not rashes, really, just little areas of red. They're not spots or anything either. I don't know how to classify them now that I'm trying to explain them! So I would prefer all over cover to homogenise the colour.

I'm so glad I found this forum! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

a mixture of dry and oily is combination, have same problem only mine is sensitive on top of all that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Yournamehere!

Hi Asry,

A huge part of finding the right foundation is knowing your own skin type.
    It can be confusing as your skin type can change depending on the skin care you use or the seasons etc.

If you like you have normal skin Estee Lauders Double Wear light is great.
    i wear it all of the time.
    It is long lasting and you can build up the coverage depending on how you like it.

If you have oiler skin, Make-up Forever's Matt Velvet Foundations are fantastic.

For dry to normal skin, Lancome teint Miracle is beautiful. one of my favourite foudations.

Can you tell me a bit about your skin routine i.e what skin care,moisturiser you use etc?

Cheers

Asphyxia wrote: »
    Never and I mean never buy a foundation because of its brand name I've used plenty of cheaper foundations that have worked brilliantly on my skin. Lots of people make the mistake and go straight for MAC without thinking and they spend so much and inevitably it ends up getting chucked out after you spending a fortune on it.
    +1 on this.

The Bobbi Brown foundation I use is €40 in BTs :eek::( so when I ran out I picked up an Essence foundation for €3.49 and I love it.

I posted about the Essence foundation here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Asry wrote: »
    I saw a Mac one that's foundation and powder? My skin shines a little and I hate it, so I have a Clarins powder compact to touch it up during the day. I'm not entirely sure as to my skin type? Perhaps normal. A little oily in places, a little dry in others. The thing though is that although I have good skin, I dislike my complexion. Is that the word? The overall colour of it. It can get blotchy. Not rashes, really, just little areas of red. They're not spots or anything either. I don't know how to classify them now that I'm trying to explain them! So I would prefer all over cover to homogenise the colour.

I'm so glad I found this forum! :)

Your skin sounds like mine. I've a very oily t-zone but I also get some dry patches on my cheeks and forehead. I use Revlon Colourstay for Combination/Oily skin and it's the best foundation I've ever used. It's only about €17 a bottle (I used to spend a fortune on YSL, Chanel and Mac foundations!) and it gives so much coverage with a tiny amount. A bottle easily lasts me 4 months and I wear it every day.

Because it's for Comination/Oily skin, it's good for the shine, but it doesn't highlight the dry patches. I still use a little bit of powder over my nose but that's generally the only bit of top-up I need during the day.

Your skin sounds like mine. I've a very oily t-zone but I also get some dry patches on my cheeks and forehead. I use Revlon Colourstay for Combination/Oily skin and it's the best foundation I've ever used. It's only about €17 a bottle (I used to spend a fortune on YSL, Chanel and Mac foundations!) and it gives so much coverage with a tiny amount. A bottle easily lasts me 4 months and I wear it every day.

Because it's for Comination/Oily skin, it's good for the shine, but it doesn't highlight the dry patches. I still use a little bit of powder over my nose but that's generally the only bit of top-up I need during the day.

OooooOOooooo that sounds great! Get me to the Pavillions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I think a big part of getting your foundation right is your skincare regime. I used to find my foundation stuck in dry parts and then got oily in others. Never ever suited me.

Then I invested in using a proper skin care system morning and night and properly taking my make up off at night and cleansing my clean skin. Getting a moituriser to suit. Makes the world of difference. Preps my skin for make up!

• Advertisement

I use Simple cleanser, toner and moisturiser :) Sometimes Neutrogena grapefruit cleanser in the shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I use this foundation too and it's excellent! I've skin just like yours, but I also have some marks left over from when I had acne. It covers pretty much everything, and I use Benefit's Boi-ing concealer on anything that needs a little extra coverage.

I've gone through so many bottles of this foundation, it's the only one that I've bought again and again since I found it. And the price is really good, especially if you're broke like me!:P

I bought Mac Sudiofix Fluid once...never again. It wrecked my skin after a couple of days. It got really dry and flaky, and I'd a kind of rash around my jaw. My skin felt so tight and painful. I wouldn't go near it again...traumatised I am! It took at least 2 weeks before it was back to normal.

If you are trying out different foundations, you can ask for samples at counters I think. Do a patch test to make sure you won't have any adverse reactions. I don't typically have sensitive skin, so my reaction to the Mac foundation was completely out of the blue. Best not to take any chances!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jean Ann

Im so glad I found this forum, Im in the middle of trying to find a new foundation too same as OP! I use YSL Teint Resist and I just dont like it! I have normal to combination skin (at times) and this just goes patchy even with the perfect touch primer! Makes me look quite greasy! lol.... I used to use Armani's Hydra Glow and I miss it so much since it was taken off the market! This Revlon sounds like it would suit me too, where stocks Revlon though? Was also thinking about Laura mercier or dior airflash .....any one use these?

Jean Ann wrote: »
    Im so glad I found this forum, Im in the middle of trying to find a new foundation too same as OP! I use YSL Teint Resist and I just dont like it! I have normal to combination skin (at times) and this just goes patchy even with the perfect touch primer! Makes me look quite greasy! lol.... I used to use Armani's Hydra Glow and I miss it so much since it was taken off the market! This Revlon sounds like it would suit me too, where stocks Revlon though? Was also thinking about Laura mercier or dior airflash .....any one use these?

I get the Revlon one in Boots:) It comes in two different formulas, one for oily/combination, and one for dry.

Thanks a mill :) I was trying to picture where I had seen it, but I knew it wasnt debenhams or arnotts or BTs....cool Ill check it out during the week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Jean Ann, here's a pic of them so they'll be easy to spot :) Most Boots stock them, mainly the larger stores.

P1010515.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I usually use Revlon colorstay and I did find it great.
    However, I just had my makeup trial for my wedding done and the girl used Dior. I have to say there was a huge difference in the coverage I got and it covered all of my little blemishes and blotchy red patches. It looked absolutely flawless. My sister used a clinique one on herself (one I used to use but stopped) and her makeup was as flawless even though she just applied it herself. My point being that I had convinced myself that the dearer brands weren't worth it but I'm changing my mind now...
    Having said that I don't think that there's much difference between brands...it's either a chemist brand or high end. Just my 2 cents lol :)

Thanks a mill ibarelycare :) appreciate it! Ill get one in Jervis at the end of the week....planning a new makeup blitz on payday!! lol

Kandr10...i would have been of the view that id always go for the dearer brands foundation wise....armani,YSL benefit, do you know which dior foundation was used?I was looking at the airflash and I like the idea of it, though I dont think it would be an everyday foundation.

Definately going to give the revlon a try and since its less expensive Ill feel better if I dont like it as much....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I don't remember which one it was unfortunately. Must ask her next time.

I think you're right - for everyday going to work and that I'll be sticking to my revlon :) Keep the fancy one for nights out maybe. (that is the fancy one I've yet to buy!!)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I use Mac Studio Sculpt and find it amazing. It's NC15, so their palest one. The only other brand I found with a colour pale enough for me was Bobbi Brown Porcelain. I've been through two bottles of each, currently on my second Mac one now. I might change it up a little bit while I'm in NY, visit some counters and take advantage of cheaper cosmetics!

The worst foundation I ever used was Benefit's Some Kind of Gorgeous. I was matched to totally the wrong colour and it dried out my skin something awful. Lasted about a month too. My previous Studio Sculpt just ran out last week, I bought it last August!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Yeah studio sculpt is a nice one!

Was really surprised when I went into BT a few weeks ago to try the new Chanel one everyone is saying is fab and their lightest shade was too dark for me, same with Lancome when I went to them!

I'm only a normal shade of pale so I'd say it's very difficult for a lot of girls! Silly really, they should pay attention to our celtic tones more!

Yup, when I say pale, I mean pale! I like being that pale though, never wear tan.

I'd definitely recommend the Bobbi Brown if you're looking for a high end foundation. They do samples, so you can take them home and see what colour suits you best. They have five shades that most would consider pale, so you've got lots of choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Twee. wrote: »
    Yup, when I say pale, I mean pale! I like being that pale though, never wear tan.

I'd definitely recommend the Bobbi Brown if you're looking for a high end foundation. They do samples, so you can take them home and see what colour suits you best. They have five shades that most would consider pale, so you've got lots of choice.

Yeah I gave up the tan long ago, like being pale too, just annoying when you're hunting for foundations!

Must check Bobbi Brown so, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

I use Mac Studio Sculpt and find it amazing. It's NC15, so their palest one. The only other brand I found with a colour pale enough for me was Bobbi Brown Porcelain. I've been through two bottles of each, currently on my second Mac one now. I might change it up a little bit while I'm in NY, visit some counters and take advantage of cheaper cosmetics!

The worst foundation I ever used was Benefit's Some Kind of Gorgeous. I was matched to totally the wrong colour and it dried out my skin something awful. Lasted about a month too. My previous Studio Sculpt just ran out last week, I bought it last August!!

Can I just alert you to something I have noticed when you get tested in NY or in Ireland because there is a difference.

In Ireland, the make up ladies always give me about two shades darker than what they do in NYC, where they give me either the palest or second palest. I think its working within a relative scale so to speak, pretty much the pale scale in Ireland whereas the scale in NY runs the gamut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

WOW JUST WOW! Im in same boat, i use the porcelain shade in bobbi brown, which i felt slightly embarassed buying it as it looks like milk(colour wise) in the bottle.

i accidently bought mac in shade nc40:eek: over in manchester.
    any one want it as it makes me look oompa loompa? cuz I NEVER wear tan

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

I have to say that the Inglot YSM foundation is fantastic. I'm very prone to break outs and I have red marks and blemishes on my skin, and this make up is brilliant. Lasts all day and is oil free and I have no fresh break outs while using it. And at €16 is a bargain! :)

I used to wear Lancome and it did a great job but at half the price Inglot is just as good.

Just my 2cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Melissa89

I use Armani Lasting Silk and I adore it! I've never used anything like it, it blends really well with my skin and looks so natural. My only fault with it is that you can only get it in Dublin :( The best second I've found is Max Factor xperience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Good thread, I was just going to start one asking about what the best long lasting foundation is? I've been using the revlon colour stay but I don't find the coverage great or it to be very long lasting. Anyone have any thoughts for better alternatives that won't break the bank? I don't really want to have to keep touching it up all day when my skins breaking out... :(

Twee, I need a very pale one too, how much is the Mac one roughly? Does it last the day generally?

Sapsorrow wrote: »
    Twee, I need a very pale one too, how much is the Mac one roughly? Does it last the day generally?

I actually have no idea! I'm going to guess in around the €30 mark. Maybe someone else knows?

I find it lasts the day, definitely. I use Mac Mineralize Skin Finish over it, just a dusting, so that helps it stay in place. It's an excellent powder, very light in both weight and colour! During the day sometimes I just use a smidgen of foundation where I need it, and then powder the rest of my face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

my skin is REALLY oily but estee lauder double wear (38 euros) with clinique superpowder (24 euros i think) dusted on top seems to be the best combination i've found so far.
    but definitely clean your brushes, i've tried a few different types of cleanser but the mac one seems to be the best 12 euro for a bottle and it gets them squeaky clean.
    colorstay seems to be getting good reviews, maybe i'll try it out. i'm also using la roche posay (you can only get it in chemists and some boots) foundation can't remember the french name but its a nice colour with decent coverage just doesn't last long in humid weather, i think it will be great in winter though, thats 18 euros n you only need a little bit.

Hi all,

I meant to post on this for the last few days...after trying to decide which foundation to buy, I went and bought Estee Lauder double wear....it is AMAZING! It really suits my skintone and ive gotten lots of compliments on it...though I was co-erced into buying the new illuminator which is quite expensive..however it does make a difference to my skin too, its kind of evened it out. Anyways just wanted to post which one I went for in the end :)

Foundation help please girlies!

Normally I use the Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation however at the moment I am out of it, when I ran out of it, I picked up some Essence Soft & Natural and was going grand, until it broke me out.

Then I went and got some samples of various foundations, none of which worked for me.

I've tried "Lancôme Colour Ideal" and "Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Foundation", TIU was fine, but I'm not totally happy with it, there was something about it, I didn't like.

Currently I am using Clarins Everlasting in "105 Nude" and I don't like it at all. It gives full coverage, dries quickly so you have to blend it in really fast otherwise it's streaky/blotchy.:(

I've looked in Boots at MaxFactor, Bourjois, Revlon but cannot seem to find a colour that's an exact match for my face, they all seem to be too dark for me. My local Boots is only a small store so they probably don't carry the full range of colours.

I've just bought some of the Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation which I know gives medium to full coverage, but I'm hoping if it is applied lightly it won't be too heavy. I got it on eBay for €7 sure if it's no good, least I haven't spent much on it :)

Anyone got any recommendations for foundations?

awwww no! My foundation BROKE! It was a compact powder and you know the way sometimes they fragment and just break apart? It was too pale for me anyway though and people kept asking me if I was sick .... :D

It was the Kiko milano compact powder. This one here.

I wouldn't really recommend it. So I'm in work wearing NO MAKEUP (for the first time in 8 years??) and people keep telling me I look lovely (??).

So now I'm free either to just go with the bareMinerals or this Mac one that I read about which was a creamy start but a powdery finish? Can't seem to be able to find it now.

I've tried the bareMinerals before and really liked it, but I've never tried the Mac before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

So now I'm free either to just go with the bareMinerals or this Mac one that I read about which was a creamy start but a powdery finish? Can't seem to be able to find it now.

I've tried the bareMinerals before and really liked it, but I've never tried the Mac before.

I'm currently using Bare Minerals too and I'm falling out of love with it. It's just such a mess to apply and transport. I think I just fancy a change though so that could be it too. Great coverage though :)

Have any pale people ever tried La Roche Posay foundation?

This one:
    5064062.25374dbd0740791595.04099095
    Seems promising as it's by La Roche Posay and I like their skincare but there are only 6 shades or something ridiculous.

Yeah I used to wear La Roche Posay, and I only stopped because it was so hard to get. I found it really good at the time, and that was when my skin was at it's all time worst! There isn't a huge choice of shades, but you might get lucky.:)

• Advertisement

kandr10 wrote: »
    I usually use Revlon colorstay and I did find it great.
    However, I just had my makeup trial for my wedding done and the girl used Dior. I have to say there was a huge difference in the coverage I got and it covered all of my little blemishes and blotchy red patches. It looked absolutely flawless. My sister used a clinique one on herself (one I used to use but stopped) and her makeup was as flawless even though she just applied it herself. My point being that I had convinced myself that the dearer brands weren't worth it but I'm changing my mind now...
    Having said that I don't think that there's much difference between brands...it's either a chemist brand or high end. Just my 2 cents lol :)

Have you any idea which Dior foundation it was?

Jean Ann wrote: »
    Hi all,

I meant to post on this for the last few days...after trying to decide which foundation to buy, I went and bought Estee Lauder double wear....it is AMAZING! It really suits my skintone and ive gotten lots of compliments on it...though I was co-erced into buying the new illuminator which is quite expensive..however it does make a difference to my skin too, its kind of evened it out. Anyways just wanted to post which one I went for in the end :)

How much was it?

I'm thinking of buying a foundation just for going out and that, and these two sound promising. I'd love to hear a bit more about them.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I use Revlon photoready in vanilla.

I think its a lovely colour and suits my skin quite well. I find that its hard to get off fully in the shower or washing my face. :( Which can be a good thing! :)

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Yeah I used to wear La Roche Posay, and I only stopped because it was so hard to get. I found it really good at the time, and that was when my skin was at it's all time worst! There isn't a huge choice of shades, but you might get lucky.:)

Brilliant! Thanks :)

I'm going to go looking for it today. Hopefully I'll be able to track it down in one of the bigger pharmacies. Had a problem finding the suncream in Boots before.

I found this other Irish pharmacy that has an online store. Looks good for people looking for a wide range of La Roche Posay stuff. They have the liquid foundation, a compact and a mineral compact.
    http://www.theredroom.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

i love that roche posay foundation! its about 18 euros i think, not sure where you are but boots in jervis stock it and so do the chemist beside bank of ireland on oconnell st? the colour suits me perfectly, now it doesn't last as long as doublewear which is my ultimate favourite but for 18 euros it lasts ages cause you only need a little bit so i'm using it for wk and keeping doublewear for the wkends/special occasions cause i do find it tends to block my pores, i guess its to be expected for coverage that good. its nearly double the price as well!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

they all seem to be too dark for me

You sound like me... ALL foundation is too dark and tbh, the only one I can wear is the first Bobbi Brown one you linked to in Alabaster :o Mines nearly out, which would be the first time I ever finished a pot of foundation! I'm off to London in August though and I'll stock up in Stansted.

Have you tried taking a look at Illamasqua foundations? They have a wonderful range of colours, and aren't too expensive either. The light one offers good coverage, and the rich one is very very heavy. They sometimes offer 20% off online every month or two so it would be worth 'liking' their FB page and waiting for that :)

• Advertisement

cocokay wrote: »
    i love that roche posay foundation! its about 18 euros i think, not sure where you are but boots in jervis stock it and so do the chemist beside bank of ireland on oconnell st?

Great thanks :)
    2 good reviews then, looks promising!

I'm closer to Dundrum so I'm going to check there first but thanks so much for the two options in town. I was worried that it would be very difficult to locate.

jenizzle wrote: »
    You sound like me... ALL foundation is too dark and tbh, the only one I can wear is the first Bobbi Brown one you linked to in Alabaster :o Mines nearly out, which would be the first time I ever finished a pot of foundation! I'm off to London in August though and I'll stock up in Stansted.

Have you tried taking a look at Illamasqua foundations? They have a wonderful range of colours, and aren't too expensive either. The light one offers good coverage, and the rich one is very very heavy. They sometimes offer 20% off online every month or two so it would be worth 'liking' their FB page and waiting for that :)
    Do Stanstead now stock that BB foundation? I know I got some family member back in June to pick some up for me in Standstead and they were told Standstead don't stock that foundation :(

I have seen Illamasqua foundations on ASOS etc, but never in IRL so I don't know what they are like or what colours would suit me tbh.

They used to be in BT/BT2 but pulled out as far as I know. I read that on Boards I think actually.

Thanks for that info, I appreciate it :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

No worries! I know what it's like to go hunting for these things :)

I'm nearly positive I got my foundation in Stansted, as it's the only place in the UK I fly in and out of. They definitely have a Bobbi Brown counter anyway (as well as Dublin Airport), can't see why they wouldn't have the foundation. I'll confirm with you when I fly back in the end of August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 b1788

I tend to use 2 foundations one day and one night (so that the night more expensive one doesnt run out too quick!!)

I use maybelline dream satin liquid during the day - good coverage but light (mines a little too dark as i bought when i had a tan!)

I use Dior Forever at night - nice clear complexion and it stays on all night.. you just have to put it on well and quickly because it drys in fast!:)

I got the La Roche Posay foundation in Mc Cabes (pharmacy on top level) in Dundrum today just in case anyone wants to look for it there:)

I got the fluid and the mineral compact. The mineral one shade wise was fairly limited but the palest one is a good match luckily. Applied it now and it feels lovely so much better than my Bare Minerals that I've been using. I'm going to wear it out for a few hours now so it will be interesting to see how it survives.

I'm fairly pale too, so it was really weird what happened with that Kiko foundation. I have a fairly kickin Dungeon Tan ;):pac:

So what's the hype with the roche posay foundation? I've never heard of it before! Having a hunt around the search engines now. What is it about it that you guys personally like so much?

So what's the hype with the roche posay foundation? I've never heard of it before! Having a hunt around the search engines now. What is it about it that you guys personally like so much?

I love their skincare so when I was looking around online I discovered that they did foundation so I had to try it :) La Roche Posay is one of those brands that you'd find in a pharmacy that's based around French spring water. It would be along the lines of Vichy or Avene.

So I wore the mineral foundation the other evening for a few hours and all day yesterday and I'm very impressed :D

I have combination skin and I checked it yesterday a few times and there wasn't a hint of oiliness on my nose or anything. It didn't change colour either throughout the day. It wore really well. I used a little bit of the fluid foundation as concealer just in a few areas under it because I just wanted to try that out too and it was the best liquid concealer ever.

Delighted with it :D

Victoria. wrote: »
    I love their skincare so when I was looking around online I discovered that they did foundation so I had to try it :) La Roche Posay is one of those brands that you'd find in a pharmacy that's based around French spring water. It would be along the lines of Vichy or Avene.

I'm enlightened! Thank you. Do you think that Boots in the Pavilions in Swords might have it? I'll be stopping by after work anyway to get food :)
    Victoria. wrote: »
    So I wore the mineral foundation the other evening for a few hours and all day yesterday and I'm very impressed :D

I have combination skin and I checked it yesterday a few times and there wasn't a hint of oiliness on my nose or anything. It didn't change colour either throughout the day. It wore really well. I used a little bit of the fluid foundation as concealer just in a few areas under it because I just wanted to try that out too and it was the best liquid concealer ever.

Delighted with it :D

Oh, I've worn mineral foundation for YEARS and it is great. Seriously. Plus you get that nice feeling that it's not actually killing your face :D

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Another recent Estee Lauder Double wear covert here! I have oily, blemish prone skin and I find it fab. Flawless coverege, but does not make me break out. The tint was really well matched to my skin tone too.

I once went to Benefit before a wedding and they used a foundation that was waaaaay to pale, I looked a bit sickly. :mad:

As a larger pored lady :D can anyone give their two cents on primers that wont cause on oil slick on my face? (Or a giant gaping hole in my purse!)

I'm enlightened! Thank you. Do you think that Boots in the Pavilions in Swords might have it? I'll be stopping by after work anyway to get food :)

Oh, I've worn mineral foundation for YEARS and it is great. Seriously. Plus you get that nice feeling that it's not actually killing your face :D

Yeah the feel of it is so nice and the coverage is amazing for a tiny amount plus there's usually spf which is a nice bonus :)

I have had trouble finding La Roche Posay in Boots before and someone told me that it was because Boots were unwilling to give them the support for their products that they wanted. They wanted to have people trained to give advice and such on the shop floor but Boots weren't into that or something.

Cocokay found it in Boots in Jervis though so they might have changed their mind, but they still don't do it in the Dundrum boots :confused:

Hope you manage to find it :D

Edit: I got mine in a relatively large branch of Mc Cabes pharmacy so maybe if you had one of those nearby that could be another possibility.

• Advertisement
Advertisement