Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cliff Walk and building site

Options
  • 14-06-2011 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

I went on the cliff walk from Bray to Greystones a few months ago. Wound up in some massive building site being shouted at over a loudspeaker to get out. One of my shoes got fncked up from sinking into a mix of mud and concrete.

I might go on it again in a week or two. I dont want to wind up leading us into a muddy building site being shouted at over a loudspeaker again.

So - where was my wrong turn, or what is the story there now etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Sadly, a large section of our community ''wound up in the massive building site''. Read the harbour thread. Things on the improve thanks to people power and future mayor Mr Basil Miller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

Sadly, a large section of our community ''wound up in the massive building site''. Read the harbour thread. Things on the improve thanks to people power and future mayor Mr Basil Miller.
    I never say this, but that thread is 51 pages long, so - tl;dr! :/

Let me ask a different way:

Shall I bring my friend on this walk in a couple of weeks, or would I end up leading her into a massive building site being shouted at over a loudspeaker.

How do I circumvent the building site to get to Greystones station? How much have they ruined the end of the walk?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Last time I was on the cliff walk, the harbour was completely closed off and there was a seperate path (fenced in) leading around it.

Were you coming from the Bray side towards Greystones (I imagine you were)? Did you go down on to the beach just at that bridge that is in disrepair? I guess it might have been possible to wander on to it from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

d31b0y wrote: »
    Last time I was on the cliff walk, the harbour was completely closed off and there was a seperate path (fenced in) leading around it.

Were you coming from the Bray side towards Greystones (I imagine you were)? Did you go down on to the beach just at that bridge that is in disrepair? I guess it might have been possible to wander on to it from there.
    Yes I think that is what we did.

Where should we go. There was no marking. If we go along the beach will we be able to go from there to the DART station?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

From what I remember (I was on a bike going the opposite direction) you shouldn't go onto the beach. Instead, when you get to the bridge turn right into what used to be Darcy's field and walk the outskirts of Darcy's field. That should leave you out at Joe's chipper. You should then be able to follow the coast to / towards the dart station (although there will be hoardings along the left hand side until you are passed the harbour).

Hope that makes sense. It was a while ago that I went out that way, so I am open to correction.

Here is a quick google maps image of the route as I remember it. You can just about make it out if you have a look at the satellite image on google maps.

163017.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

The Cliff Walk is quite clearly marked for most of the way but there is an area at the Grove whereby you can take a turning for the sea or for the Bray Greystones road. That is where you probably took the path off the cliff walk.
    I am sure you will be ok on the next walk with your friend, be observant of the signs and enjoy the beautiful coastal scenery. We are lucky to have such places of beauty as Bray and Greystones so near to us really.

Advertisement