Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Joe Rogan Experience Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Oh god not sure if iv had enough time since the last one,
    Those rants are insane,

The jones/bravo podcast has to be my fav of all time, I laughed a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,610 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Is Alex Jones going to be the first one on Spotify?..
    Should be pretty epic..

Duncan Trussel.

The squib is damp.

Duncan Trussel.

The squib is damp.

Meh..He annoys the sh.t out of me..

Duncan Trussel.

The squib is damp.

Well that’s a let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

The jones/bravo podcast has to be my fav of all time

Shocker!

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Shocker!

???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

the Duncan Trussel episode is available on YT and it's ...over 5 hr!

I tested out Spotify earlier and I like how it plays as a video but...... wouldn't that play havoc with someone's data allowance? Is there an audio-only version?

I have unlimited data so doesn't affect me, but wonder are they going with video as the default?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

The previous Alex Jones podcasts are not even viewable/listenable on Spotify. Ridiculous considering they were the top viewed.

splashuum wrote: »
    The previous Alex Jones podcasts are not even viewable/listenable on Spotify. Ridiculous considering they were the top viewed.

No doubt George Soros is behind this!

• Advertisement

Looks like a few others are missing too, like Milo Yannopolis.

I hope this isn't on purpose because that's completely messed up if they're handpicking right-wing guys and leaving them out. Doesn't bode well going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

Cc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Duncan Trussell is amazing - Love listening to him.

5hrs - give it to me!!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Looks like a few others are missing too, like Milo Yannopolis.

I hope this isn't on purpose because that's completely messed up if they're handpicking right-wing guys and leaving them out. Doesn't bode well going forward

Ageeed. Not a good sign. Day one censorship from Spotify...

• Registered Users Posts: 48 deep_dish

Enjoyed the 5hr marathon podcast with Duncan. Had it on the TV in the background throughout the day. No big take aways, just two old friends shooting the sh*t, with joe getting very tipsy toward the end.

I can't imagine it would be very good to listen to - no podcast @ 5hrs would be worth it imo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Yes Spotify have admitted they removed some because of "hate".

Shame, that means they have control over what future guests he has on, Joe is mainstream now.
    I suppose $100M is hard to say no to ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Yes Spotify have admitted they removed some because of "hate".

Shame, that means they have control over what future guests he has on, Joe is mainstream now.
    I suppose $100M is hard to say no to ...

Have you a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Lots of speculation in online publications but no comment from Rogan as yet.
    To be fair, i'd take anything Alex Jones says with a mine of salt notwithstanding the last ep with him was gold.

It is suspicious though - only the 'problematic' (to authoritarian purity political heads) ones are missing!

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Lots of speculation in online publications but no comment from Rogan as yet.
    To be fair, i'd take anything Alex Jones says with a mine of salt notwithstanding the last ep with him was gold.

It is suspicious though - only the 'problematic' (to authoritarian purity political heads) ones are missing!

Are they actually missing though or is this just Alex Jones jumping the gun? I haven’t checked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 deep_dish

Miley Cyrus...

Ffs.

Sargon has his say...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOmZ5W3wgK0

There's a LOT of episodes missing, this stinks, I was wrong and a tonne of posters were right earlier on in the thread when this was announced. He's sold his soul.

Miley Cyrus...

Ffs.

Have to agree unfortunately. I tried to reserve judgement, but couldn't get through more than 20 mins. Poor woman, childhood fame strikes again.

I fell asleep listening to the 5 hour Duncan Trussell marathon last night, woke up at 6 am with the WIERDEST thoughts and dream memories ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Its seems like the JRE clips on youtube are now capped at 2 which sucks as that was a nice way to get the best bits of podcasts with some of the lesser interesting guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Ok - my take on it

Joe has left his top 100 episodes on youtube until dec 31st, and this is extremely good business if he is doing what I think he is doing.

The spotify news is huge, has been for a while, he has already got paid, so a clause leaving the top earning 100 episodes on youtube could generate millions more - people who never heard of him or never listened, now are bombarded with articles etc on the JRE - generating more and more interest.

He makes on average $75,000 per episode, with some of his podcasts generating 5x that according to some.

There is a massive amount of money to be made leaving the jones/milo etc podcasts on youtube only to generate even more interest as people are speculating they have been censored by spotify, when in reality they will migrate in the new year.

Sargon has his say...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOmZ5W3wgK0

There's a LOT of episodes missing, this stinks, I was wrong and a tonne of posters were right earlier on in the thread when this was announced. He's sold his soul.

He doesn't really say much. He doesn't know why episodes aren't on spotify. We don't know why. The list doesn't follow a pattern. Could be a host of reasons why they're not up (yet) between legal and technical. Let's not jump to conclusions, like Sargon was alluding to at times. I was expecting him to go full blown right-wingers being cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

that Miley Cyrus podcast was very boring, usual celebrity stuff heard 1000 times before
    I hope this is not a sign of things to come. Celebrities are the least interesting subject i can possibly imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    that Miley Cyrus podcast was very boring, usual celebrity stuff heard 1000 times before
    I hope this is not a sign of things to come. Celebrities are the least interesting subject i can possibly imagine

Agreed - if the show turns into a run of the mill chat show where every guest is selling a movie or book it will get old fast.
    The lack content being pushed in the past was a welcome change - obviously some guests were selling something but at least it wasn't an interview about 'how hard was it to get into character etc'

Take the money, change very little and all will be good.

• Advertisement

Hasn't been listed on Spotify just yet, but Joe just posted on Instagram that today's episode is Mike Tyson!

Now we're talkin'!

Advertisement