Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Joe Rogan Experience Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Nails the hypocrisy of 60s druggies like Young

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭VillageIdiot71

Tbh, I think how the action is labelled is less important than where it’s going. For the sake of argument, saying “ I don’t listen to Joe Rogan and don’t know why anyone does” is fair comment.

I might also say the I don’t think Joe is the next Mahatma Ghandi. He’s just a guy doing a very popular podcast, but if he gets unfairly hammered and depicted inaccurately without challenge we all lose. Including Neil Young the next time he wants to publicly reject the scientific evidence that GM food is safe, and sing a song saying it poisons children. Ditto for Joni Mitchell’s advocacy of the rejection of medical opinion categorising a certain skin condition as a mental health disorder.

We all need to be able to say stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Nobody to to my knowledge has hawked marijuana, DMT or the other thing as an effective treatment for Covid.

This is probably more appropriate in the case of the "almost vaccinated" DMT-eulogising Rogan

(click sound icon to play sound)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Perhaps Joe mentioning China in a lot of his podcasts will win him kudos with both the Left and Right. He seems to mention the communist governments surveillance of their teenagers online in quite a few episodes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Here's the clip from India Arie. She had to really spell it out for the "free speech" merchants who don't know that it doesn't mean freedom of consequences. Joe can say what he wants but she's free to move her music off the platform.

They’ve been hawked to cure a lot of other medical ailments. But why do people draw the line around “mis/disinformation” when it comes to covid. How about the endless wars that have been sold by corporate news outlets which have directly killed and displaced millions of people but everyone gets their knickers in a twist bending over backwards trying to connect covid deaths to a podcast someone may have listened to. It proves that it’s not about misinformation but about power and control of the narrative.

It was also Gandhi who said:

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.’

Or Schopenhauer’s version:

‘First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.’

Once you have reached the violent, ridiculing, insulting, stage you know you are directly over the target.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭deholleboom

Just a few comments:

Behind every liberal stands a wee dictator ready to pounce.

The same 'Young' ones demanding liberty, free expression anti censorship in the 60s are now the Old guys losing their grip and on a mission trying to stay relevant.CSNY. 'Find the cost of freedom'. Sad.

In addition: do not listen to political statements by artists no matter what position, Van Morrison or CSNY.

My gripe is not with them but with the media (and some of my siblings out for blood).

As far as dr Malone is concerned, ever since Bret Weinstein had him on his podcast early on in the pandemic i have been following him, interested in counter views. Over time the proposed mechanism which does make sense has not been followed up by data. I now think they are both flogging a dead horse although i do admit there just might be detrimental effects of the mrna vaccines over the next few years so im not completely closing that book.

Furthermore, he has the right to be interviewed no matter what. If you think misinformation is an issue there will never be enough weapons around to hit the target as it is everywhere around us and not simply coming from 'the other side'. To add: some proposed misinformation might turn out to have more validity in time.

So, there seems more than enough virtue signalling going around. Just imagine what people will do when a civil war is about to break out. Well..we know. I am not sure if i will actually be able to trust my siblings. That is how serious it is. Intelligent people following the created 'consensus'. Discussions only possible within accepted parameters. And completely ignorant about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭deholleboom

To add:

Anyone guess how many have now found out about Joe Rogan for the first time and might be interested?

So, could this attack on him backfire?

Because money is more important than censorship.

“I was telling a story in the podcast about how me and my friend Tommy and his girlfriend, we got really high, we’re in Philadelphia, and we went to go see Planet of the Apes.

“We didn’t know where we were going, we just got dropped off by a cab, and we got dropped off in this all-black neighbourhood.

“And I was trying to make the story entertaining and I said: ‘We got out, and it was like we were in Africa, like we were in Planet of the Apes.’"

Wow, Joe really is a stupid fúck.

But he didn't, he issued a pretty grovelling apology.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZlnH8MAb8L/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

The woke crowd are out of control. Jimmy Carr made a joke about the holocaust that was broadcast on Netflix months ago, yet twitter only getting their knickers in a twist now.

Ms Dorries suggested the government could legislate to stop comedy people find offensive being shown on streaming platforms. "We're already looking at future legislation to bring into scope those sort of comments," she told the BBC.

Sums the woke crowd up doesn't it? Sure any comedy could be found offensive by someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

wonder what Joe will apologise for next. I remember him making fun of John Cena for his grovelling apology for just using the word Taiwan in an interview- even Joe Rogan, as popular as he is has to sometimes has to do his masters bidding and apologise for ridiculous reasons.

The woke crowd including the Auschwitz museum? In fairness, a lot of people would tend to view that as a rather nasty joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,481 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I've seen him using that N word on the show once or twice, but the context was he was saying the actual word rather than saying 'The N word'.

Can't say if that's the case for every time he said it, but for the couple of occasions I seen it he shouldn't even have to apologise, as it clearly wasn't being used in a racist context. If it was in any of the other examples, he's toast.

And people are perfectly entitled to call it out if they think it's a rather nasty and low joke... You don't see why lots of people would be annoyed by a joke that says the genocide of a group was a positive? Would you say the issue is the Auschwitz Memorial lacking a sense of humour?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Jokes are a funny thing! They're subjective. I just don't care for crude jokes myself. I wasn't splitting myself laughing at that Carr joke, but then again personally I find most comedians not that funny anyway. They have to be clever or deeply ironic to make me laugh. Carr's joke was neither of those. It's not so much this 'punching down' thing I have an objection to, it's just that it was more crude than funny, in my subjective opinion!

I always think people who get offended at jokes are a different breed.

It's usually virtue signalling. Oh look at me, I'm offended by a joke.

If it's not your taste, don't watch. Best approach with any form of entertainment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I’m not offended by what he’s said, but it’s highly inappropriate.

Other people will find it highly offensive though.

Hopefully he’s learned something.

I think this rule of never saying that word in any context, is ridiculous. And I think it was designed to give people an opportunistic reason to go ballistic over it when it suits them. As seen here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Nadine Dorries, the conservative mp, is now part of the woke crowd? What a load of nonsense. What she's proposing is actually censorship as opposed to pretty much everything else talked about on this thread. They're using Jimmy Carr as a smoke screen to diminish free speech just like they used Insulate Britain as cover for bringing in laws curbing the right to protest. There's nothing 'woke' about what the Tories are doing here.

Looks like the people who thought Spotify and Joe being the last bastion of free speech were wrong. Joe accepted censorship from the start.

You’re joking, right?

It’s a very offensive word to some.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

The Auschwitz museum is hardly an unbiased party. Jeez they'd condemn you if you were even seen with a smirk near it.

He never said it wasn't.

Context is everything. That's the point.

No I'm not joking. Dave Chappelle use's it in his material all the time. The idea a white person can't say it, is ridiculous. And as I said, in case you missed it, is that it's used by opportunistic people as an excuse to go ballistic, for whatever opportunistic reason they would wish to do so. Like for example, the current Joe Rogan affair. As in dredge up comments Rogan made in the past, for obvious opportunistic reasons.

• Advertisement

Oh white people can use it.

Just expect consequences.

If I used that word at work, in any context, I’d probably get fired.

Advertisement