Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Famous!

• 14-06-2011 3:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,451 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0614/1224298864771.html
    Netspeak

What students are saying online about the exams

Coffee and satsuma oranges. Leaving Cert is doing strange things to my taste buds. - mon_tage, Twitter

Well.. From one extreme to another... Easiest maths Paper 2 ever! Lovely, lovely questions! Hows everyone after it? - LilMissCiara, boards.ie

HL Maths paper 2 was tricky, not a shock like Paper 1 but I still need a miracle!! - BettyMcBoo, Twitter

It was a better test, but then again you couldnt get much worse than Paper 1. However it was still a tricky paper and by no means easy Id say. - robobobo, boards.ie

Maths Paper Two = handy. Irish Paper One = handy. Leaving Cert 0, Chloe 2. Im winning! - ChloeLucePower - Twitter

Maths went really well, that A could still be on the cards ;) - FionnualaJay, Twitter

Thank god Im half way through...! Just have listening exam left today. Finished paper in an hour - we had 2 hrs 20 mins to do it... - synqBreak, Twitter

OMG someone please help me I think I failed honours maths!!! Completely serious!!! What am I going to do??? Im so worried I actually feel sick!!! What can I do??? - A94, AllHonours.ie

Yeah a beaut of a paper. Hopefully I didnt make too many slips but I know I made a couple. Q5 was lovely. It so easy. As was Q3 8. I thought it was a fair paper after a very unfair paper 1. - irish_man, boards.ie

Thought the honours paper irish was very fair, although im sure people were disappointed with not seeing the economy come up as an essay, i done the childrens rights which i though was pretty straight forward! - mikeydublin, boards.ie

Lol, if you were all to read my sceal you would think I was on drugs - hindy_cindy, Twitter

@Desbishop you came up in the leaving cert tape today. Sad to say, your part was SO hard :( - SarahDozy, Twitter

The SEC really seems to have a thing for Des Bishop. Knave of the language, was that what I heard?! - OhHushChloe, Twitter

Would have been screwed if the debate on the future of Ireland hadnt have come up, thought the listening wasnt too bad, Cuid C was probably the hardest bit and I thought the comprehensions were ok. Not too confident about my answers to the Mary Robinson one : Am just happy its over though, bring on tomorrow, cant wait to be finished with Irish! - sarah., boards.ie

I didnt like the listening in the slightest! What did you think? I hope they mark it that way! if you dont have the spelling but it sounds right I think they give you some marks but deduct for bad irish! - samapp, boards.ie

WERE ALL HALF WAY (or more) DONE.. be proud guys, were surviving the leaving.. whoop!... HateTheMocks, AllHonours.ie

The longest day of the leaving cert over !! But they all went awesome!!! Cant believe its FLYING sooooo quick!!! Emily11 - AllHonours.ie

Time to do my ritual of piling up unneeded books and then ticking off the days on the Leaving Cert exam timetable. Its epically satisfying. - sorcha3692, Twitter

Biology cramming till Thursday … - Ace2o11, Twitter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I made it into the Independant on Thursday. I read it on Friday but never noticed it becuase they quoted me by real name not my user name :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Aoifums wrote: »
    I made it into the Independant on Thursday. I read it on Friday but never noticed it becuase they quoted me by real name not my user name :pac:
    Errr... I think you need to give boards a break then. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I got into the Independent and The Times, I was both well chuffed and ashamed for having spent so much time that they would notice me -_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Nailz wrote: »
    Errr... I think you need to give boards a break then. :p

I know :o Nah, it was an offhand remark which made a very boring quote. I don't know why they picked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

I got onto the Irish Times and Morning Ireland for a little Hamlet-ish thing that I just tweeted idly :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,451 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0616/1224299000443.html
    Netspeak

What students are saying online about the exams

All hopes of an A in french were destroyed after that aural – HahhaahBananaa, AllHonours.ie

I said the leaving cert was gona get hard at french but that was easy, hopefully the same will happen with biology tomorrow. my worst subject – SeanFreeman_, Twitter

WTF that had to of been the easiest French exam Ive ever done! Dont think I failed omg yayayayayaya! Only Art + Music left :) –thumberlinaxo, Twitter

I honestly, halfway through my first comprehension, double checked the front of the paper. To make sure I didnt somehow have a pink ordinary paper. – Pjelly, boards.ie

That extremely awkward moment when the apprentice boys is on the history paper and everyone ran out of time and couldnt do that question - ameabhing, Twitter

Yeah so the history paper was so so think I did alright though - CormacTodd, Twitter

I was really hoping Vietnam or Korea would come up for the American topic. Really annoyed about that.

Pretty much none of the topics I knew best came up. Oh well. Still wrote 12 pages for pass. Got an A in the mocks, maybe Ill get a B for this. I hope. - cocoshovel, boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭sarah.

hahaha was just reading through those out of interest and I notice that one of my posts was in there!! haha brilliant! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

Woo! Third from of media I've infiltrated since the leaving started.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭polka dot

If any of you find the one about biology and "Sinead" said something about the scientists smoking the plants... yeah. Right here. :rolleyes: Of all tweets they put in like.

Another tweet about the Government playing politics was mine. And then my maths board from here got in. Was well chuffed. :D Thankfully they didn't pick out anything too embarassing.

It was strange though. At least one person from my group of friends (there are 4 of us on twitter) got in every week. :rolleyes: Clearly we are being watched. Or just tweet too much.

Advertisement