Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tatooist recommendation for Celtic artwork/design

Options
  • 14-06-2011 5:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, sorry if this has been discussed before, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Im looking to get a bit of work done on my upper arm and shoulder and obviously want it done well, im in Limerick but am willing to travel anywhere in the country. Iv done a bit of research on local tatooist around Limerick, most are just ok in fairness.

Any recommendations from around the country?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

It's not the style he normally works in, but actually Ross Nagle from All Star Tattoo in Limerick is probably one of the best Irish tattooists around at the moment. Everyone's tastes are different, but FWIW I would take a second look at his shop, since it's on your doorstep.

If he can't do what you're after he often hosts tattooists from abroad with stellar reputations.

Pity you missed this - I suspect several of the guys who attended this could have done something along the lines of what you're after-

http://www.bigtattooplanet.com/events/ie/traditional-world-culture-festival-2011

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

I would take a second look at his shop,

Ill be taking my first look at his place during the week :) thanks to your recommandation. Completly overlooked it before.

Thanks!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

No bother.

They do super traditional style / americana in there, if you were to decide to opt for something like that based on seeing a portfolio.

There's a U.S tattooist called Chad Koeplinger visiting later in the year - really, really prestigious guy in tattoo circles.

Advertisement