Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why is the north side so dirty?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

John_Rambo wrote: »
    I did. You named the thread:

"why is the north side so dirty?"

I took a photo of a spotless Henry street, the main shopping area of the Northside of Dublin city centre. Can see the photo? Can you not admit it's a clean area or are you just here to troll?

you need to read all my posts before making accusations. In post no. 17 for example I clearly state that Henry Street appears to be clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Fuinseog wrote: »
    you need to read all my posts before making accusations

Again, read your thread title.

Look, you got what you wanted, a Northside is ****, Southside is better type thread, well done.

If you knew the city properly you would know that there are good and bad areas to both sides of the city. As I said earlier on in the thread, (but you chose to ignore), all cities have these areas, Galway, Rome, Paris are worse. You don't see them when you are on holidays (unless you are backpacking on a very tight budget), but they exist, yep, they are ugly, raw, grimy and not nice. They are cities, it's not Disney world, they all have an underbelly. As I said earlier on the undesirables people refer to will always drift back to shelter, crowds, where they can thieve, get drugs, booze, beg etc... Again, I am not condoning it, again it is down to lazy public servants and inept front line policing.

If you feel very strongly about it I suggest you take part in some of the many inner city volunteer programs out there. I did it for three years and I genuinely feel we made a small difference to the big picture and a big difference to some individuals.

Active work will do more than sitting behind your pc complaining on boards.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

places like Clerys do their best to give the capitals main thoroughfare a sense of style and class and then other more tackier shops are let do as they please.

certain shops should be removed to less prominent streets.

half of Talbot Street is pedestrianised and would encourage shoppers were it not for the druggies that congregate there.

the statue of James Joyce attracts people and the druggies and smashed shop windows drive them away.

Gardiner Street is another less desirable place. I wanted a room in a B and B there once and the window was cracked and the room in general upheaval.
    Places can change. I gather around Isaacs was really rough in the 70s but now its okay.

why does the city not move the clinic somewhere else?

you didnt answer my question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

John_Rambo wrote: »
    If you knew the city properly you would know that there are good and bad areas to both sides of the city.

Exactly, I mean you'll get your head blown off in Tallaght.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

orourkeda wrote: »
    No chipper and No sex shop.

Its an "Ann Summers" and they're fast food restaurants

Ah here . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

I think OP burns their shoes after crossing the Liffey.... I wonder is their an exorcism performed as well..... (just in case....)

you didnt answer my question

I never made reference to bong shops so I have no idea where such a shop would be.

orourkeda wrote: »
    No chipper and No sex shop.

Its an "Ann Summers" and they're fast food restaurants

why is there not a similar shop such as Ann Sommers on Grafton Street and why is there no chipper (beshoffs) there either.

the main thoroughfare could do better

Irish Fire wrote: »
    I think OP burns their shoes after crossing the Liffey.... I wonder is their an exorcism performed as well..... (just in case....)

no, I wait until I am past Westmoreland street, which while not full of street litter is somewhat grotty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

why is there not a similar shop such as Ann Sommers on Grafton Street and why is there no chipper (beshoffs) there either.

the main thoroughfare could do better

There's two Burger Kings and a McDonald's on Grafton Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Probably because they cannot afford the exorbitant rents on Grafton Street properties.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

OP, i think you should take a walk around Denzille Lane, Pearse Street, Erne Street, Grants Row etc.

it's not confined to one particular area of the city but i somehow dont think we will get you to see this.

the eye see's, what the eye wants to see

There's two Burger Kings and a McDonald's on Grafton Street.
    O Connell street has two burger kings, two Macdonals, a supermacs, a beshoffs and countless tacky spars or centras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Thread is going absolutely nowhere I'm afraid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement