Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tapas Trail

Options
  • 14-06-2011 9:25am
    Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭

Saw a piece about this in the Metro this morning.
    Sounds very interesting and great value:

http://campoviejotapastrail.ie/confirm/

It's essentially €20 for tapas and wine across 5 Spanish restaurants in Dublin CC.
    Three tapas per restaurant and one glass of wine in each!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

wixfjord wrote: »
    Saw a piece about this in the Metro this morning.
    Sounds very interesting and great value:

http://campoviejotapastrail.ie/confirm/

It's essentially €20 for tapas and wine across 5 Spanish restaurants in Dublin CC.
    Three tapas per restaurant and one glass of wine in each!

I saw this alright - great value! You'd be fairly tipsy come the end of it however!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I won a pair of tickets for this the Saturday before last. I've been meaning to write up a blog post on it, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

The deal is phenomenal value for €20. You visit 5 restaurants (Salamanca, Bar Pinxto, Salamanca, Havana & Port House) and you get 3 tapas in each as well as plenty of wine. In between you get a mini-guided tour of Dublin, with a focus on links to Spanish and/or food history.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Looks like its fully booked out :(

Edit:

Also just noticed its not 3 tapas per stop. Its one:

"20. The Campo Viejo Tapas Trail is designed so that the paid participants will visit 5 restaurants in Dublin. Bar Pintxo, The Port House, Salamanca Dame Street, Salamanca St Andrews Street and Havana Tapas Bar. During the trail you will stop off for 30 minutes, in groups of a maximum of 20 persons, at each of the five featured venues, where you will be presented with a selection of three of the restaurant’s tapas. You can choose one tapa from the selection accompanied by a 50CL measure of Campo Viejo. "

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

Seems to be booked out now - but fortunately after I booked two tickets! thanks op

GStormcrow wrote: »
    where you will be presented with a selection of three of the restaurant’s tapas. You can choose one tapa from the selection accompanied by a 50CL measure of Campo Viejo. "

Oh! We were allowed choose from all three, but maybe we got special treatment as prize winners.

BTW, surely 50cl can't be right, that's 500ml of wine.

• Advertisement

Right, I finally got around to writing up about my afternoon on the tapas trail. I hope this gives you a taste of the event.

Campo Viejo Tapas Trail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

GStormcrow wrote: »
    Also just noticed its not 3 tapas per stop. Its one:

We got 3 each per restaurant. There was so much food that by restaurant 4 we were flagging mightily! Such a fun evening, although I could have done without the tour waffle bit. The food was great & the wine was nice (if pretty scabby portions, you don't get a 'glass' per restaurant, you get a 'measure, they got 20 measures out of 2 bottles our night. However 5 full glasses on a Wednesday would be lethal)

Food on this was so lovely, and I'd had a rotten experience in Havana a few years back so was nice to go back and discover it's actually kinda gorgeous in there. The only one thing I'd say is that they should schedule in some sweet things for the last restaurant on the trip, by the time you've had 12 generous tapas it's hard to be enthusiastic about the lovely chickpea & black pudding stew that's just been popped in front of you

Advertisement