Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton Pumped Electric Showers

• 14-06-2011 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

I want to buy one of these, can someone tell me which one is the best to get, I know there are different models but not sure.

The shower will be tank fed.

Also where is the cheapest place to buy these showers?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

kopkidda wrote: »
    I want to buy one of these, can someone tell me which one is the best to get, I know there are different models but not sure.

The shower will be tank fed.

Also where is the cheapest place to buy these showers?

Thanks

A T90x should fit the bill here, the only decision is 8.5kw or 9.5kw. AFAIK the cheapest place atm is either Chadwicks or Woodies. Might be worth looking in a Homevalue or B&Q. In the place i work i can do one for around €240 if that's any help :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Woodies is the cheapest at the moment at 249 however if above can do it at 240 i would take it.

If you shop around and are not brand loyal the mira elite 2 is just as good and between the T90 and elite 2 there is pleanty of offers to entice. Just bear in mind we are heading into the quite season for plumbing in mid july so a lot of places like woodies do offers on showers to get you in the door.

ps. Donot confuse a T80 with a T90.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Above post is very right, Mira are just as good a shower. The only reason I recommend Triton is because, in my experience, it's much easier to deal with repairs & parts etc in the event of anything going wrong. However don't let that be a deciding factor, as a Mira Elite or T90xr are probably equal in terms of functionality etc

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭kopkidda

Thanks for replies lads, will prob get the Triton, amI right in saying that the 9.5 is more powerful then then the 8.5?Would there be any other noticeable difference?

Also what is the difference between a T90x and T90XR?

Thanks for replies lads, will prob get the Triton, amI right in saying that the 9.5 is more powerful then then the 8.5?Would there be any other noticeable difference?

Also what is the difference between a T90x and T90XR?

Yes there is a power difference but not enough worth talking about. It also is a little noiseier for the 9.5. Woodies mainly do the 8.5 at the special price.

The T90XR is the current model it has a bow shaped riser rail kit.

• Advertisement

Yes there is a power difference but not enough worth talking about. It also is a little noiseier for the 9.5. Woodies mainly do the 8.5 at the special price.

The T90XR is the current model it has a bow shaped riser rail kit.

Ye they have both of them with €20 off, so the T90XR 9.5 kw is €259.99 now.

Someone was saying on another thread that you need to install these with 10mm cable as they take more power then the 8.5kw one and also that the pull cords dont work well with these.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Ive just changed from a new Triton T90xr to one of these babies.

Mira advance thermostatic.The noise of the Triton was too loud for my liking.The Mira is also a better shower too.

The Mira is whisper quiet,and I mean whisper quiet.:D

paddy the mira whisper is a mains fed shower. Your not compareing like with like.

Got the T90XR 9.5kw for €259.99 in atlantic homecare there at lunch.

BIL who is a sparks is going to give me ahand wire for it, with pull cord,fuse, cabling etc...will need to get a plumber to install the shower once this is done.

Will give your mate a shout Joey when I need this to be done. How much should this cost, considering I will have the shower and wiring done.

paddy the mira whisper is a mains fed shower. Your not compareing like with like.

After chatting to the plumber,you are correct.

Mira is mains cold water fed,sorry about that.

Still some shower though.:D

• Advertisement

Thats better than BnQ who have it on "special offer" at 280 euro.:rolleyes:

BIL who is a sparks is going to give me ahand wire for it, with pull cord,fuse, cabling etc...will need to get a plumber to install the shower once this is done.

Will give your mate a shout Joey when I need this to be done. How much should this cost, considering I will have the shower and wiring done.

I dont know tbh but if you have a shower wired and plumbed most lads will charge you 130 -150 for the fitting.

Advertisement