Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CID entitlement after eighth year?

• 14-06-2011 11:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭

Hi, I searched through the other threads on CID here, and the TUI website, but can't seem to find an answer to this!

If you get a CID after fours years teaching, let's say for 12 hours (this is in an IoT by the way) but over the next few years you accumulate another 6 hours so that you are now teaching a total of 18 hours (i.e. full-time for an Assistant Lecturer) do you become entitled to a new CID for 18 hours at the end of your eighth year?

In other words does what you teach in your 8th year determine what your contract is for the following four years (in the same way that this happens when getting a CID based on what you taught in your 4th year)? And does it also apply in year 12, 16 etc etc?

Many thanks in advance!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

beegirl wrote: »
    Hi, I searched through the other threads on CID here, and the TUI website, but can't seem to find an answer to this!

If you get a CID after fours years teaching, let's say for 12 hours (this is in an IoT by the way) but over the next few years you accumulate another 6 hours so that you are now teaching a total of 18 hours (i.e. full-time for an Assistant Lecturer) do you become entitled to a new CID for 18 hours at the end of your eighth year?

In other words does what you teach in your 8th year determine what your contract is for the following four years (in the same way that this happens when getting a CID based on what you taught in your 4th year)? And does it also apply in year 12, 16 etc etc?

Many thanks in advance!!!

I can't be a 100% sure of this but it seems highly unlikely.
    I'd imagine that your CID hours are just that, and won't change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 floating voter

You will get a second CID for the other 6 hours. Providing you are fully elligible. You will then have De facto full hours, full time contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭beegirl

You will get a second CID for the other 6 hours. Providing you are fully elligible. You will then have De facto full hours, full time contract.

Thanks for that, that's what I'd heard alright, wasn't sure if it was correct though! By any chance, do you happen to know where one might find this in writing in 'official' documentation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 floating voter

You won't find it in writing anywhere but I have experience of this exact scenario on a personal level. One slight difference is that the information I have relates to second level wirk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭beegirl

You won't find it in writing anywhere but I have experience of this exact scenario on a personal level. One slight difference is that the information I have relates to second level wirk

Ok good enough! The exact same thing (i.e. getting second CID for additional hours) just happened to a colleague, so I guess it applies at 3rd level too - I just wanted confirmation really as it was the first time I heard of it! Will be good to know in a couple of years for me :)

Thanks again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

beegirl wrote: »
    Ok good enough! The exact same thing (i.e. getting second CID for additional hours) just happened to a colleague, so I guess it applies at 3rd level too - I just wanted confirmation really as it was the first time I heard of it! Will be good to know in a couple of years for me :)

Thanks again :)

Yeah from what I know you get brought up.
    If you are not on full hours in your first CID but get more hours in your 8th year you will be given a new CID with the extra hours, my friend had 16 hours originally and is now up to 20.

Advertisement