Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journey time to Dalkey

Options
  • 14-06-2011 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm going to a funeral tomorrow and trying to figure out my journey. I will be getting a bus into town, then the 46A to DL and then the 59 to Dalkey.

Could anyone tell me how long the 59 takes to get to Dalkey and where exactly it stops?

The Dublin Bus timetable doesn't help

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/59/

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Where are you getting the 46a? The dort would be much easier and quicker if you are in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BG2

I know - I live right on the dart line. Money issue actually - I don't have any at all until pay day. But I do have a bus card!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

59 can take upto 30mins depending on time of day ie during traffic busy times. But generally its pretty quick. Stops right at the start of the town and handy enough. Just clean the piggy bank out for the Dart though would be much handier!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BG2

Thanks very much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Which Church are you going to? The Church of the Assumption is in Castle Street, but St Patricks's is a good walk away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I would have said that you should get the 7 to Dun Laoghaire - it's more direct or indeed the 8 to Dalkey!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 misslolapants

59 takes 10 mins to get to Dalkey but is irregular & independable..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

59 takes 10 mins to get to Dalkey but is irregular & independable..

I'd agree that it's irregular but I've never found it undependable, every time i've got it it's arrived more or less (i'm talking 2 minutes late max) on time.

If the OP times his/her journey well they should have no problems. Just make sure to walk around from the 46a terminus to the 59 bus stop outside the theatre!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭zyndacyclone

Dart if you're going Dalkey. WAY more reliable.

Advertisement