Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night out in Cork for gang of 20 - 30

Options
  • 14-06-2011 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Hi All

We're coming home to get married next week, but were looking for somewhere to maybe congregate with the people who are still around the day after. It's a Saturday. Preferably somewhere that would do food for up to 20 people if we made a reservation a couple of days before or maybe even that day, know that's a long shot so it's not the most important aspect. Was thinking the Franciscan Well to start but as we haven't been back for a while is there anywhere else that would be suitable for a big enough gang? Would like to showcase Cork and indeed Ireland a bit as alot of people won't have been over before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Id say Electric on the South Mall would be the job. They open early, have a nice beer garden and serve a range of grub (heard varying reports on its quality mind).

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

SoHo on Grand Parade could be another option. I'd prefer the Franciscan well personally, it has character. I find SoHo and Electric a bit sterile. Franciscan usually do a BBQ on Friday evening but not sure about Saturday.

The problem with Soho is that there is a good chance they would not serve everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

gimmick wrote: »
    The problem with Soho is that there is a good chance they would not serve everyone.

Ye I'm 20 and I went in for a full meal there. Ordered a drink and they checked my ID which I had no problem with , and the manager refused because I wasn't over 21. Waiting for my food I ordered a glass of coke and I saw the manager ask the waitress that took my order what I was having i.e making sure I wasn't ordering a pint. Made me feel like walking out tbh.

Ya they can be picky but if there is 20-30 people coming for food.....$$$.....they'll serve ya all day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Corn store then down to the Bodega

^ Cornstore is the most over rated, and over priced restaurant I have EVER come across.
    TheBunk1 wrote: »
    Ya they can be picky but if there is 20-30 people coming for food.....$$$.....they'll serve ya all day :)

Nope. My sister and a gang of 10 of her friends were refused booze when they had a restaurant reservation. they were all 20/21. When they said they will take their business elsewhere, the manager said off with ye. And off they went and dropped all that cash in Luigis instead.

That is one example, EoinD gave another above.

Soho is a fúcking pit anyway. And the food is generally deep fried shíte.

^ Cornstore is the most over rated, and over priced restaurant I have EVER come across.

Nope. My sister and a gang of 10 of her friends were refused booze when they had a restaurant reservation. they were all 20/21. When they said they will take their business elsewhere, the manager said off with ye. And off they went and dropped all that cash in Luigis instead.

That is one example, EoinD gave another above.

Soho is a fúcking pit anyway. And the food is generally deep fried shíte.

Really? Thats shocking. It's great they can be so picky with their business in these times :rolleyes:

Sure there is another thread recently here where Captain Americas turned away 70+ leaving certs on a tuesday afternoon.

Lucky escape IMO, but the fact is, some establishmenst in this City have notions far above their station.

Sure there is another thread recently here where Captain Americas turned away 70+ leaving certs on a tuesday afternoon.

Lucky escape IMO, but the fact is, some establishmenst in this City have notions far above their station.

Ha, I'd have to agree with ya there alright. On both points.

And don't get me started on some of the bouncers around town. Their admittance policy seems to be based on some sort of complex lottery system :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I was in SoHo Thursday evening (2 weeks ago) for a meal with the team from work and the place was dead, only one other group in the restaurant.
    I checked the bar too, it was very quiet, can't be making much money during the week I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭corked

Why not try ovens bar oliver plunkett street - its a country type pub and very relaxed.
    If you want food then you could nip across the road to scotts / plenty other options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Sorry lads, Not tonight...

Ye will hear this a lot during your stay.

Advertisement