If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 32" 5 STAR REVIEW - £100 OFF BOARDIE SPECIAL

Options
  • 14-06-2011 12:07pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Guys we have just received the LG 32LV550 - part of the new LG range and, yep, this is the one that just scored an amazing 5 Star review in What HiFi Magazine giant 32" test this month.

http://www.lg.com/ie/tv-audio-video/televisions/LG-led-tv-32LV550T.jsp

It normally retails at £599.95 / €699.99 - I have a few that I would release on a Boardie special at £497 / €589.99.

This is a really top spec 32" with 3D Passive / 100Hz processing / Magic Motion remote (so cool its untrue) / Smart TV so its internet ready.

At the heart of the LG 32LV550T is an impressive LED screen. Backlit LED TVs produce a shaper, more detailed picture with greatly enhanced contrast. Take a look at the plasma-equalling contrast ratio of 5,000,000:1 and you'll see what I mean. The result is images that, when combined with 1080p Full HD definition, are so realistic you feel like you could reach into the picture. In addition, this LG LED TV comes with 100HzTruMotion. 100Hz TruMotion increases the frame count and, as a result, gives much smoother motion flow. Ideal for sport and action film, you'll notice less blur and enhanced detail with fast moving images.

In terms of features, the LG 32LV550T packs in more features than just about any other 32 inch TV at this price range. At the heart of this TV is the LG Smart Engine. This combines many features and presents them in an attractive and easy to use way. The list of features is extensive but some of the highlights include Smart TV and a built-in app store. This makes it easy (subject to region) to catch up with popular services such as YouTube, Facebook or catch-up TV sensation, the BBC iPlayer (not generally available in ROI). Thanks to DLNA compatibility you can also stream music from your PC or network attached storage system. For even faster and more direct control, there's the unique, optional Magic Motion remote. This active remote lets you point, click, swipe and drag without the need for multiple key strokes or button pushes. Another worthwhile option is the wireless USB dongle. As standard, the 32LV550T connects to your home network via the Ethernet connection but using an optional dongle lets you hook up via wi-fi for added flexibility.

For all the smart new tech, the 32LV550T hasn't forgotten about the more traditional sockets. Four HDMIs are partnered with twin USBs, SCART, component and RGB PC inputs for full compatibility with all your sources, new or old.

In addition to its lifelike picture, the 32LV550T's LED technology allows for a super-slim casing. At just 34.9mm it's even thinner than last season's LED TVs, making it even more attractive whether switched on or off. Added to this, the slim frame and gloss black finish with a hint of chocolate brown, give the LG an air of sophistication.

This TV is on sale in Dublin with a famous Large retailer at €799 today - so at just £499.95 / €589.99 - its a great Boardie deal!

Drop us a line with your contact details if you would like to grab one or of course drop us an email to sales@richersounds.ie

Thanks for checking in and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

Hello John,

Its not often you see a post on boards.ie without a reply and especially on richersounds. Anyways after a day and a half with no one biting at your offer, i'll get the thread moving :D

I take it this TV is Saor View Compatible?
    One of my friends has the PHILIPS 32PFL5605H and it seems like a good 32 inch. How does this compare to the LG on offer (apart from the web viewer) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 NAYHA

nulabert wrote: »
    Hello John,

Its not often you see a post on boards.ie without a reply and especially on richersounds. Anyways after a day and a half with no one biting at your offer, i'll get the thread moving :D

I take it this TV is Saor View Compatible?
    One of my friends has the PHILIPS 32PFL5605H and it seems like a good 32 inch. How does this compare to the LG on offer (apart from the web viewer) ?

yes, it's SOARVIEW compatible.

http://www.saorview.ie/products-retailers/saorview-approved-product-listings/lg/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@nayha,

Welcome to Boards and the Richersounds Forum - please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum - you can find it here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564744 with the title "CHARTER - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING......"

I appreciate that your post is intended as helpful but queries here are for RS to answer, as set out in the Charter.

Ritz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Nula.

Yes, it does work with Saorview and compared to the Philips, I would genuinely have to say that the LG is a better all-round product.

The depth of picture from the LG and the motion handling are better than the Philips, but then you would expect that from a TV that sells for £599.95. It copes very well with low definition quality too and has a lot less noise than some of it's competitors.

It's a lot slimmer and more stylish than the Philips 5605 and the iphone app works brilliantly and the full web browser is excellent, but then Philips were the 1st to do it. The browsing is much easier with the app download rather than using the remote.

All in all, I personally would have to recommend the LG over the Philips, especially at the boardie price. It's a no-brainer.

Sorry Philips, but maybe they can bring out something this year that would beat the LG ?

Hope this helps.

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Nulabert

Philips have the new 32PFL5606H waiting in the wings - this is the replacement for the 32PFL5605H your friend has
    32pfl5606h_12__fv_.jpg
    This is what it will look like (the tech spec has a better image as well)

This TV looks the business and has a pretty cool spec.
    LED Edge Lit
    Pixel Plus HD Image Processing engine
    500000:1 contrast ratio
    2ms response time
    100Hz Prefect Motion Rate
    Soarview certified
    and only 4cm deep.

check out spec here http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl5606h_12/32pfl5606h_12_pss_eng.pdf

We should see this by the end of the month.

This will go for €599.99 when it lands with us

just another option to tempt you with...
    atb
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

you'r enot doing a special on the 47" size by any chance ?

Thanks Ashley for that.

Dave, i'm v tempted. I like a bit of gadgetry. Is this TV just released, hard to find user reviews of it on the web?

How much can you do the TV, the wireless dongle and postage for?

Thanks

Hi Nula.

The TV, dongle and delivery would be 665 Euro.

It's a very new model and literally just released, so I'm not surprised that there are not too many reviews, but we have seen it running here and it's amazing.

I believe that price is unbeatable, but as usual, let me know if you get a better price.

Cheers

Dave

I believe that price is unbeatable, but as usual, let me know if you get a better price.

Hi Dave,

Spoke to you today and bought this TV. Never checked the price with your competitors before I bought it but now I see it on Amazon with free delivery for £440 :(

Hi Nula.

Sorry, was off Friday and the weekend so playing catch up.

I can beat that price. Do you know the price including delivery to ROI ?

Cheers

Dave

• Advertisement

Hi Dave,

Yes, £440 includes free delivery to Ireland. They will ship TV's up to 32 inch You might give me a buzz, i pm'ed you.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

dave, if you can beat that then i'd be interested too. can you confirm if the magic motion remote is included?

Hi Able.

The TV does not have the motion control and there does seem to be some confusion over this.

We can beat any price on the TV. Here's how it works :

We take the price of the TV, add their 5 year warranty and delivery if if it's cheaper than us then we beat it. The only other stipulation is that it's in stock.

Amazon are not showing that TV as in stock at that price currently.

If they get it in stock Nula is getting a few £'s back on the price he paid.

Hope this helps but keep me posted if I can help any further.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.