Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards User's Bikes (Fleets) **No chat - please read mod note in OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

My road bike and my new singlespeed/commuter met for the first time today. It went OK, thye understand that I love them both equally, just in very different ways.

both_thumb.jpg

Trek, filthy and with lights which have now been moved to the commuter:
    trek_thumb.jpg

New commuter. Saddle and mudguards are not like that for comedy effect. Frame is a tiny bit too small for me and it's impossible to get low-profile mudguards for an MTB frame/wheels.
    ss_thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

seamus wrote: »
    My road bike and my new singlespeed/commuter met for the first time today.
    I am also going to go the Commuters Route and so will start cycling to work next week. I just garnished the bike with a new set of mudguards and now going out to test them, but my first impression is good and they look like a quality stuff ;).

6245772519_d689e838e5_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

My road/training/commuter bike.

mercianinthebath.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

And I thought I was the only one who washed my bike in the bath. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

My fleet isn't half as impressive as some...

My newly acquired fixie, took it as a trade in on my car yesterday evening, going to use this to commute to college/town from now on and upgrade my road bike to something a bit faster...

87f60029.jpg

And my road bike, freshly cleaned and oiled up...

41bb078a.jpg

Hoping to sell this in the next week or two and try and get my hands on a cube agree gtc or a planet x pro carbon....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delynet

My Boardman team carbon with its new wheels. Was out last weekend and it developed a warp in the rear wheel. Thought an easy fix but a spoke had pulled through the rim and it was ruined. Went to my LBS on Sat and €460 later I left with a pair of 2012 Mavic ksyrium elite's. Here it is 40k into a 80k spin today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

here's a picture of my team carbon in full on commute mode.

100_0408.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Got this last week, my first road bike. Its a Merida Ride 91. I have started off slowly though because I am really unfit. Furthest I have gone is 4.3km in 17mins. Hopefully I will increase that this week.
    Everything is going well apart from a damn dog that has chased me this last two days. Not the most enjoyable experience.
    Anyway here are some pics

6905452825_3cf0572ae9_b.jpg
    Merida_91-1 by BFassassin, on Flickr
    6905456071_5abf1cd675_b.jpg
    Merida_91-3 by BFassassin, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DUBintheSTICKS

My first proper bike, only started cycling after getting the bug off a lad in work. (had me watching the TdF all last year and telling me I'll love it, so far he is right)

It's notable achievement is getting me from Dublin to Kilkenny on charity cycle alive.

d87f773c.jpg

I would have my put up my bog standard Trek 3900 but some lovely pr**k decided I didn't need it anymore and removed it from my parents care permanently along with some of the auld lads tools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Updating my fleet as it's had a bit of a makeover over the weekend...

My commuter fixie, de-mudflapped..

4fd139d8.jpg

My BMC Streetracer SR01..

a11d6703.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

IMAG0061.jpg
    IMAG0068.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

What cranks are they? Spesh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

bcmf wrote: »
    Yes - this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

niiice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

bcmf wrote: »

Oy shush, this is just for users pictures, a library of pictures if you will, so no talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

She mightn't be much. But she's mine...until I can get my TCX...even then, I've come to love this old girl.

IMAG0102.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

My first road bike, a 2nd hand Ridley Triton-S, campag xenon triple (53/42/30), alu fram carbon forks, bought second hand on the adds section here. New cassette (13/28), pedals, tyres, chain, saddle (B17), stem, bars, cages, cables, tape and bag. Great fun mucking about with it over the winter building it up, and becoming a fast, relaxed, comfy bike for long spins. New middle chain ring next on the list, and she's pretty much done.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flying11

Here are a few pics of my bike- a KTM Strada 1000. It may not be much compared to some of the amazing machines in this thread but i love it!:D
    I have almost 700 miles on the clock since january and plan to do many more during the summer. Its shimano 105 equipped on the back with tiagra shifters. mavic wheels and a ritchey finishing kit.

Great weather for cycling at the moment, i was out on a spin last night and i have never seen so many cyclists out training! :cool:
    DSCF0291.jpg
    DSCF0293.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭rab!dmonkey

My stable, from left to right
    1. Specialized Pitch. Used for everything from cross-country to Winter Series downhill. Looking forward to using pushing it to its limits in the Gravity Enduro too. Descends like my downhill bike and if it didn't have DH tyres it would probably climb pretty spritely too! I could see myself picking up some XC wheels and tyres (or maybe even just tyres) and then I'd pretty much have all my mountain biking bases covered.
    2. Iron Horse Sunday. So far this bike has seen almost a month of lift-accessed downhill in Les Deux Alpes and it's just starting its second proper season of DH racing. The handlebars are unfashionably narrow for this day and age, I'm otherwise really happy about this bike.
    3. GT Chucker. My first bona fide mountain bike. The only one of the three I got new, back in 2007. In the meantime I've replaced every component bar the saddle and seatpost. This bike does everything from overtaking roadies on my commute, National Champs DH (when the Sunday was out of action), Tour de Picnic and just tooling about in Ticknock or wherever.

p4pb7874501.jpg

I'm hoping to add a BMX and CX bike to the stable at some point in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Updated Silver Bullet with Racing Zero's:
    199301.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

Giant CRS 4.0 hybrid, converted/upgraded (by me) for touring:

199330.jpg

Wheels: Mavic A319 rims, Deore hubs
    Saddle: Brooks B17
    Handlebars: Butterfly/Trekking
    Tyres: Schwalbe Marathon Greenguard
    Stand: Pletscher double-leg kickstand
    Panniers: Ortlieb Classic
    Pedals: Shimano A530 double-sided touring pedals
    Front Rack: Tubus Nova

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Finally got it clean enough to take a nice photo :)

tmUpQ.jpg

Bianchi Via Nirone 7

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

[IMG][/img]x5bh92.jpg

My 2003 Litespeed Sirius. Love it but it's looking a little dated now ;D (any excuse for a new bike I suppose!)

bike with new wheels, tt bars and saddle in a rather uncomfortable position. Need to spend some time setting up the position for a TT on thursday.

ttbike.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭the magician

After years of MTB's I picked up my first skinny wheeled bike to add to my collection. Got it from Wheelworx on the BTW.

2012 TREK 1.2 Alpha
    p4pb7958597.jpg

My 6" all mountain MTB.
    Solid Blade:
    p4pb7958600.jpg

My DH bike :
    Solid Mission 9
    p4pb6119954.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Joey Joe-Joe Jr

Just finished my first build tonight - :)

photo1.jpg

My other Ridley -

iPhone_Pics135.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Radial

7107437689_491a20e401.jpg

Specialized Sirrus Comp. The bike that got me into cycling a few years ago. Like many on here progressed quickly to drops. Still use it for the run to the shops and trips into town.

6961372276_f6f58b8cea.jpg

My first build, done last year around a Tifosi CK7 frame, a triple with mostly 105, carbon fork and seatpost, long reach calipers and a Brooks saddle. It currently has a set of Ritchey Wheels , with Conti 4 Seasons 25's, which despite their bad rep haven't caused me a moment of bother. This is the bike for the winter and for long runs and in it's short time has already given me many hours of enjoyment.

6961368516_928f884199.jpg

A second hand Boardman Team Carbon bought last year. Great bike, but I didn't like the decals, so I sanded the frame, primed it and resprayed it. Tricky job, took me about 6 weeks on and off and I'm delighted with the outcome. I like it more now without decals. Changed the wheels to Aksiums, along with the saddle and bar tape. When I get a few quid together I'll upgrade the tires and the bottle cages.

7107436701_d0fba8b917.jpg

Lastly the most loved bike in the house. My 3yr old sons Specialized Hotrock. Up on the bike stand at least once a week while he cleans it and fixes the brakes and pedals. A budding cycle mechanic I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Finally gave mine a clean and sadly found loads of scratches in the paintwork. Have my rack mounted for my first proper tour across Italy starting next Saturday.

IMAG0066.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dvntie

Finally after giving mine a good scrub do i feeel it worthy of a photo to go up here
    Boardman Team C 2010 spec
    SRAM Rival shifters front and rear mechs with tektro brakes (about to be changed for Rival)
    Still have the Ritchey DS pro wheels that havent given any trouble yet.
    have about 1600k clocked up on it now and still going well

• Advertisement

latest addition to the fleet. giant defy 5. planned upgrades include full mudguards and a rack. will be used primarily as a commuter/winter/hack.

Advertisement