Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Shed Roof help?

• 14-06-2011 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭

Hi we have a conrete built shed out the back garden. The roof is made of timber and black felt. Built about 2 years.

Problem the guys built it never water-proofed it correctly and the timber is all mould and rotten. The whole shed gets very damp and humid. The walls have 'sweat' on them and fear the roof could cave in. The roof is also not on a slant so the water pools very easily which coudl result in warping the wood. We've been told another year and could cave in.

So we've been given 3 options:
    1 - Timber roof again - more expensive but better quality of roof but fear of same problem as before.
    2 - Perspex roof- mid price mid quality. No experience of this myslef so not sure.
    3 - Galvanising - Which is cheapeast but I know it can rust very easily and warp very easily!

Looking for advice on the best option avail! Anyone got any advice tips or which of the 3 options to go for?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭ronaldo84

what area is the roof?? i myself would go with couragated sheeting with felt underneath, good sized timbers and an good fall

Advertisement