Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'My eircom' - New Service Launched

Options
  • 14-06-2011 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

New Service Launched - 'My eircom'

My Eircom - New Service Launch

We are launching a new convenient dashboard which will give eircom customers all the information they need on their eircom account at the touch of a button.

My eircom is a single page that lets you:
     View and Pay your bill
     Check your broadband usage
     View your eircom products
     Get your support questions answered
     See the broadband services you are entitled to
     Log and track a fault
     Track a order

The service will launch for customers on Monday May 30th.
    This will be communicated to customers using an email newsletter
    We would encourage customers to use the self serve functions available
    How do customers log into My eircom?
    Simply visit www.eircom.net/myeircom and login or register. All current eircom.ie logins will continue to work in My eircom

What is different about My eircom compared to the previous site design?
     All the customers key information conveniently stored in one place
     There is no need to navigate around the site to find the detail they require
     Single username and password to access all the key customer detail
    Recent tweets on twitter by @eircom
    Please see Bit.ly links below - 'My eircom' Website and 'Demonstartions'

Login to My eircom using your existing eircom username and password or register at http://bit.ly/myeircom #eircom

Take control over your eircom account with 'my eircom'. New service showing all your key details on one page http://bit.ly/myeircom #eircom

Watch two demos on My eircom www.eircom.net/myeircomdemo1 - and www.eircom.net/myeircomdemo2 - #eircom

View/Pay your bill, check your broadband usage, see your current products, get help and support http://bit.ly/myeircom #eircom

Get all your key eircom account details in one place. Take control of your account with My eircom http://bit.ly/myeircom #eircom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭number_1

I must say I'm not impressed by my initial experiences of this replacement for the online billing service.

The old service used to have an "analyse my bills" facility which allowed you to download detailed lists of your usage in csv format. This facility stopped working in March and April, but started working again for May's bill. Unfortunately it seems that this facility has been dropped for the new service, or at least I haven't been able to find it yet! This was an incredibly useful facility which allowed you to compare to previous month's usage with graphs and statistics.

In addition to this, while the dashboard of the new service shows the amount of money I owe for June's bill, when I click on the link to the bill pdf file, it downloads the previous month's bill, I can't find a link anywhere for this month's bill. The old service allowed you to choose between current and previous months' bills to download, the new service only seems to allow you to download the "current" bill (in my case that means the one before the current one!).

Also, the old service sent me an email every month informing when my bill became available online. This was usually 1-2 days before the paper one was issued. The new service doesn't do this. Unfortunately now it seems I'll have to stick to paper bills, the online service seems to have gone from a reasonably good service (even if occasionally faulty) to one where the only information it can provide me with is the total cost of my current bill!

It's a pity because I was happy with the old service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

number_1 wrote: »
    I must say I'm not impressed by my initial experiences of this replacement for the online billing service.

The old service used to have an "analyse my bills" facility which allowed you to download detailed lists of your usage in csv format. This facility stopped working in March and April, but started working again for May's bill. Unfortunately it seems that this facility has been dropped for the new service, or at least I haven't been able to find it yet! This was an incredibly useful facility which allowed you to compare to previous month's usage with graphs and statistics.

In addition to this, while the dashboard of the new service shows the amount of money I owe for June's bill, when I click on the link to the bill pdf file, it downloads the previous month's bill, I can't find a link anywhere for this month's bill. The old service allowed you to choose between current and previous months' bills to download, the new service only seems to allow you to download the "current" bill (in my case that means the one before the current one!).

Also, the old service sent me an email every month informing when my bill became available online. This was usually 1-2 days before the paper one was issued. The new service doesn't do this. Unfortunately now it seems I'll have to stick to paper bills, the online service seems to have gone from a reasonably good service (even if occasionally faulty) to one where the only information it can provide me with is the total cost of my current bill!

It's a pity because I was happy with the old service.

Hi number_1,

Thanks for you query.

Currently there isn't a facility online on the Ne Service for reviewing your previous bills.

I have made the 'My eircom' Team aware of this and hope to have more information on this shortly.

In the meantime, if you need any information on your previous bills, please call into eircom Customer Care on 1901 (freefone).

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lamongoose

When I click on view bill as pdf the link does not work (Mac OS X 10.7). Another complaint is that there still doesn't seem to be an obvious way to cancel your account and service. I want to pay my last bill and cancel my service without jumping through 50 hoops and being told i have to pay another bill because it took so long.

Never enjoyed the eircom service. It feels like once you sign up you belong to eircom with no easy way out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

lamongoose wrote: »
    When I click on view bill as pdf the link does not work (Mac OS X 10.7). Another complaint is that there still doesn't seem to be an obvious way to cancel your account and service. I want to pay my last bill and cancel my service without jumping through 50 hoops and being told i have to pay another bill because it took so long.

Never enjoyed the eircom service. It feels like once you sign up you belong to eircom with no easy way out.

Hi lamongoose
    yes there are still a few outstanding issues with PDF files within myeircom and we are working to correct these.
    To cancel your account you do have to call 1901 customer care and they can facilitate this for you. Due to the fact that closing account may mean early cease charges or outstanding bills, we have found that going through our customer service section is still the best option.
    If you are having any problems with this proceedure just let me know and can chase for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CraftDaft

I have just tried to pay my bill online. I have had to request a new passport 4 times and only received 2 of them nither of which would log me in. I have reported a fault which is not being delt with even though it was supposed to have been fixed a month ago but there is still a problem.
    Perhaps if Eircom stopped wasting time changing its website and put its resources in improving what it already has it would be a good move.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

CraftDaft wrote: »
    I have just tried to pay my bill online. I have had to request a new passport 4 times and only received 2 of them nither of which would log me in. I have reported a fault which is not being delt with even though it was supposed to have been fixed a month ago but there is still a problem.
    Perhaps if Eircom stopped wasting time changing its website and put its resources in improving what it already has it would be a good
    move.

Hi CraftDaft,

Can you private message me with the telephone number and e-mail address you used to log on and I can check that for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

im having the same problem as craftdraft,

since May i have not been able to log in to the new service, i keep getting

Error: There has been a problem with your login.
    Please try again.

after emailing webmaster i got a password reset which then worked, until the following month,

now yet again i am unable to log in using said password.

i do not want to be mailing webmaster every month just to view my bill online.

can you guys please help this is ridiculous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

hoodwinked wrote: »
    im having the same problem as craftdraft,

since May i have not been able to log in to the new service, i keep getting

Error: There has been a problem with your login.
    Please try again.

after emailing webmaster i got a password reset which then worked, until the following month,

now yet again i am unable to log in using said password.

i do not want to be mailing webmaster every month just to view my bill online.

can you guys please help this is ridiculous!
    ================================

Hi hoodwinked,

Can you PM me with the e-mail address you used to register and I will check that out for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

i was just wondering, is there a way to view previous bills on my eircom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

CMpunked wrote: »
    i was just wondering, is there a way to view previous bills on my eircom?

Hi CMpunked,

Thanks for post. Unfortunately there isn't an option to view preivious bills on 'My eircom' at the moment.

The 'My eircom' Team have advised that they hope to have this facility available to customers in the near future.

If you wish to have your previous bills, just call into Customer Care and they can send them out to your registered address.

eircom Customer Care : 1901 freefone.

Kind regards,
    Ant

To see more information on 'My eircom' please click on the following LINK

• Advertisement
Advertisement