Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartments in Navan - advice needed

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Darith

Well i saw an apartment fro sale in the Steeples recently? Has this complex fared better over the years? On a separate note is the complex build to a relatively good standard? Does the management company in situ have the necessary funds to sustain the complex.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

Darith wrote: »
    Well i saw an apartment fro sale in the Steeples recently? Has this complex fared better over the years? On a separate note is the complex build to a relatively good standard? Does the management company in situ have the necessary funds to sustain the complex.

Much better places on offer

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Darith wrote: »

Unfortunately a lot of the apartments in Navan haven't fared well, a lot of them are in disrepair.

I wouldn't advise buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Darith

chrysagon wrote: »
    Much better places on offer

Probably are but my price range is around 60-80k.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

I'm currently living in Academy Square and have no issues with it. Quite like it in fact. Was looking at maybe buying in Rivermills. Any advice on what it's like lately socially and structurally!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

chopser wrote: »
    I'm currently living in Academy Square and have no issues with it. Quite like it in fact. Was looking at maybe buying in Rivermills. Any advice on what it's like lately socially and structurally!?

Stay where you are. Rivermill is a dump. Was fine when built first but over the years has become a hive of prostitution and drug use. I would liken it to Navans dumping ground for the degenerates.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Petyr Baelish

lukesmom wrote: »
    Stay where you are. Rivermill is a dump. Was fine when built first but over the years has become a hive of prostitution and drug use. I would liken it to Navans dumping ground for the degenerates.

I've seen your snobbery here before and you have not changed a bit. It's not a dump. The apartments are nice and plenty of good honest hard working people live there, myself included. There are a couple of families that don't help the place but to call it a hive of prostitution is wrong and while there is some drug use, that happens everywhere.

I have had no serious problems since I moved there. "Dumping ground for degenerates" is a really disgusting term to use for the residents there. We are trying to set up a Residents Association to address any issues that are occurring.

I really take exception to your post and I would suggest that you better educate yourself before spouting such nonsense about a place where you don't live.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Liam75

Hi There, anyone got anymore news/positive things about Rivermill apartments ? Looking to buy there soon .. any realistic info would be much appreciated ? Thanks Liam

Liam75 wrote: »
    Hi There, anyone got anymore news/positive things about Rivermill apartments ? Looking to buy there soon .. any realistic info would be much appreciated ? Thanks Liam

Hi Liam,

I've lived there for almost a year and I'm becoming involved with the residents committee which is getting up and running now. The intention is to be able to better represent all residents when it is necessary to approach the management company about any issues that need attention.

I have been looking at buying an apartment in Navan myself and Rivermill would certainly be somewhere I would consider. I won't pretend that it's perfect because it's not, I'll just try to tell you what my experience has been and what I have heard.

I live on the side by the river and if I were to buy I would be looking to move to the opposite side because of the FortyOne nightclub which can get ridiculously noisy late at night. I have been told that can also be heard in the Poolboy Quay apartments. The owners of the FortyOne have had complaints made to them and they said that things would quieten down after Christmas and they have with the exception of one or two nights but I will reserve judgement on that until I see how things are in the summer when the beer garden at the rear gets into full swing again.

During the summer you will get a lot of kids playing in the centre courtyard area, they can be a little noisy, worth bearing in mind if that bothers you. The management company have been active recently in taking action against a couple of tenants who were causing some anti social problems. They have now been evicted. It's the usual story as with anywhere you live, it only takes a couple of people to give a whole area a bad name but the worst are gone now.

If you are used to living in apartments already you will know what to expect in terms of noise from other apartments and Rivermill is no better or worse than any I have lived in before. The only major issue I had with noise from a resident was when a Roma family on the bottom floor of the building had two parties around Christmas and New Year. They have been warned by the management company that they will be evicted if they do it again. It was out of character for them as they are normally very quiet.

Sometimes I feel like I am an ethnic minority in my own country in Rivermill as there is a huge mix of people living there. There are Roma, Africans, Eastern European, all sorts really but they don't tend to cause any problems that I have seen. Funnily enough, it's the Irish people that have been responsible for most problems.

The apartments themselves are nice, very spacious. Security on the main gate is being improved to stop people from jumping over the fence. I have heard that some drug dealing goes on but have not seen it. It happens everywhere in Ireland but so long as the "customers" cause no problems I don't really mind.

Parking is fine, you just need to pay €6 per year for a permit. Cars without the permit are regularly clamped and if abandoned they are taken away. There is no shortage of spaces.

I like living there because of its proximity to the town centre and the road that brings you to the M3. As I mentioned earlier there is a residents committee being set up. There are a couple of people who know everything and everyone in Rivermill so any suspicious activity is quickly noticed. It is fully covered with CCTV. I believe management fees are in the region of 1,200 per month.

If there is anything else you want to know feel free to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

There are Roma, Africans, Eastern European, all sorts really but they don't tend to cause any problems that I have seen. Funnily enough, it's the Irish people that have been responsible for most problems.

Good old casual Irish racism! :D

• Advertisement

chewed wrote: »
    Good old casual Irish racism! :D

There is nothing racist about what I said, I don't appreciate your comment at all.

There is nothing racist about what I said, I don't appreciate your comment at all.

You were insinuating that it's foreign people that normally cause trouble!

You were insinuating that it's foreign people that normally cause trouble!

No I am absolutely not insinuating that at all and I resent you trying to say that I am.

I am fully aware that many people would associate foreign people with trouble which is why I took the time to make it very clear that they do not cause any. I don't know how you could misunderstand that.

No I am absolutely not insinuating that at all and I resent you trying to say that I am.

I am fully aware that many people would associate foreign people with trouble which is why I took the time to make it very clear that they do not cause any. I don't know how you could misunderstand that.

"Funnily enough, it's the Irish people that have been responsible for most problems." ????

"Funnily enough, it's the Irish people that have been responsible for most problems." ????

Yes it is funny when you consider that they (we) are in the minority living there yet manage to cause most of the problems, more than all of the other ethnic groups combined I would say.

You would want to cop yourself on before going around accusing people of being racist. There are some blatant examples of it in this and other threads of a similar nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 saoirse2965

Hi... was wondering if anyone could give an update on here regarding apartment complexes in the Navan area. I am considering buying in Riversmill and have read all the posts regarding safety, antisocial behaviour etc. I realise this thread was started 10 years ago and wondered if things have improved since then.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Closing this thread, it's ancient and turned into a car crash.

Open a new thread if required but keep it civil with no ridiculous generalisations please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement