Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving garden shet and OIL tank

Options
  • 14-06-2011 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

I need to move my garden shed (wood) and Oil tank. Any one knows where to call?

I live in Cloyne Co.Cork close to Midleton.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

You should be able to get this done by having a few friends around.
    Make sure that the shed and tank are empty!

For the shed - feed beer to a few burly lads - when properly filled with beer get them to move the shed.

The oil tank will pose a problem with the oil feed pipes - you will need someone with plumbing experience to reroute pipes, otherwise empty tanks are not that heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

For moving the shed do a search on boards, i think it was covered before elsewhere. You can insert rollers under the frame and move it easily, apparently. Or slide a couple of planks underneath and lift it. I assume it is a light barna shed?

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

would help if we knew how big the shed was, but for a standard garden shed 8x8 or 10x8 i have secured some long 4x2 along the sides by screwing them wall using 4" screws, making sure that you have 3-4feet sticking out each end to act as handles. in the case of an 8x8 shed 4 reasonabley strong men should be able to pick it up and carry it along dropping if neccessary for breaks or refresments a few more lads may be needed for bigger sheds.

for the oil tank just make sure it is empty, there may be a tap on the front connected to the oil line just turn it off if there is and dissconect the oil line from the tap. there will most likely be a few gallons of oil left in your tank but you could drain this into a few 5gallon drums by raising the rear of the tank and draining it using the tap;) once its emptied sufficently 2 lads should have no problems shifting it, refreshments may be needed here aswell:D

allin all i would suggest having a few friends around on sunday for a barbeque;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 swc

If it helps I know a guy that has pumps for transferring oil from tanks that is if there is oil still in the tank. It can be done in minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 swc

If it helps I know a guy that has a pump specifically for transferring oil from tanks, he's in Cork, it can be done in minutes.....thats if there still is oil in the tank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭brian_t

swc wrote: »
    If it helps I know a guy that has a pump specifically for transferring oil from tanks, he's in Cork, it can be done in minutes.....thats if there still is oil in the tank.

You can edit or delete your post by clicking the "Edit" button at the bottom of your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Be careful when moving the oil tank as it could impact your house insurance. I was recently planning on moving mine. I had to get the boiler fixed so i said it to the guy fixing the boiler, he advised against it. Also speaking to someone who works on insurance claims, they are not paying out if there is an incident and the tank has been moved. So maybe ask them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

glineli wrote: »
    Be careful when moving the oil tank as it could impact your house insurance. I was recently planning on moving mine. I had to get the boiler fixed so i said it to the guy fixing the boiler, he advised against it. Also speaking to someone who works on insurance claims, they are not paying out if there is an incident and the tank has been moved. So maybe ask them first.

the hell has the position of a tank got to with an insurance claim. bloody builders put the original ones in some estates in absolutely stupid places in the first place and i ve never seen any thing ever mentioned in any insurance paperwork about where an oil tank is sited. pure BS :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

wreckless wrote: »
    the hell has the position of a tank got to with an insurance claim. bloody builders put the original ones in some estates in absolutely stupid places in the first place and i ve never seen any thing ever mentioned in any insurance paperwork about where an oil tank is sited. pure BS :P

Only passing on information i was told that might be useful to the OP.

Advertisement