Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* IRISH PAPER 2, HL, how was it for you? * (one thread please)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

By the way.. wtf???

Haha yeah in school there was competition as to who could finish the pass paper first, many left at 10 on the dot, twas hilarious for the honours with 3 odd hours to go!

Sh1t, i only did a page and three quarters for the An Triail, was good stuff though, should I be worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭hunii07

:DIt was a pretty fair paper... everything I thought was going to come up came up was really happy with it... I'm hoping for at least a C and think I definitelly managed that :)
    I did - Lig Sinn.. conflict question..talked about conflict between Puca and garraiodoir and Máirtín and an sparání....
    Cearrbhach-think I messed up a bit .. I think I began to waffle towards the end.
    An Triail- managed to refer to hypocracy which I had prepared really well.
    Bímse Buan ar Buairt Gach Ló- answered that I think near perfect.. was a lovely question.
    Gealt - again a lovely question think I did fairly well.
    Oíche Nollaig na mBan- b-e-a-u tiful question... was so prepared for that poem ...
    Stair- I had Fhianníocht memorised so was over the moon and did Máirtin O Dírean and Caitlin Maude .... I'd say almost full marks for stair :)

I was prepared for the worst but it was a wonderful paper with no surprises :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭C__

Stair: 2 pages
    Pass poety: 2 and a half pages
    HL poetry: i didn't study for these so i only got 3/4 a page
    A thig na tit orm: 3 pages
    Pros: 3 pages

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

Pros - 3 Pages+
    An Triail - 3.2 pages
    Filiocht ainmnithe - 3 pages+
    Danta Dualgais Breise - nearly 3 pages
    Stair - 2.5 pages

hard to be exact for pros/filiocht as did each question on a new page, barring ii and iii for ONNB

. . .hopefully it went ok markswise. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 34 M_ark

Damn, I only wrote 8 pages overall! Feeling a bit worried now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Prós: 2

OL poetry: 4

HL poetry: 2

Triail: 1 and a half (ran short of time:( but got my main points across)

Stair: 3

Total: 12 and a half:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

You two doppelgangers? :p:D

Thanks, folks. ;)

Nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

hunii07 wrote: »
    :DIt was a pretty fair paper... everything I thought was going to come up came up was really happy with it... I'm hoping for at least a C and think I definitelly managed that :)
    I did - Lig Sinn.. conflict question..talked about conflict between Puca and garraiodoir and Máirtín and an sparání....
    Cearrbhach-think I messed up a bit .. I think I began to waffle towards the end.
    An Triail- managed to refer to hypocracy which I had prepared really well.
    Bímse Buan ar Buairt Gach Ló- answered that I think near perfect.. was a lovely question.
    Gealt - again a lovely question think I did fairly well.
    Oíche Nollaig na mBan- b-e-a-u tiful question... was so prepared for that poem ...
    Stair- I had Fhianníocht memorised so was over the moon and did Máirtin O Dírean and Caitlin Maude .... I'd say almost full marks for stair :)

I was prepared for the worst but it was a wonderful paper with no surprises :D

Máirtín Ó Méalóid, that was his f**kin name. Jesus. I just called him 'an mhic léinn' :rolleyes: Wouldnt be suprised to lose a couple of marks for that!

Bímse Buan was the easiest question there in my opinion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Half a page and left after 30 minutes - I think I should go kill myself now...

LOL sorry I misread that!!!! :L I read it that you only had half a page left in your booklet after 30 minutes :rolleyes:

I was thinking you'd have to be extremely fast to write like 20 pages in 30 minutes! :P

Oh btw did you do honours?

Máirtín Ó Méalóid, that was his f**kin name. Jesus. I just called him 'an mhic léinn' :rolleyes: Wouldnt be suprised to lose a couple of marks for that!

Bímse Buan was the easiest question there in my opinion!

I'm sure they won't deduct much if anything if your answer stuck to the question :)
    I agree I loved the Bímse Buan question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Miss Brightside

Prós: 2 1/2 pages
    An Triail: Page and a half
    Poetry: 2 3/4 pages
    Stair: 2 pages

Bit worried now that my Triail question might have been a bit short!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭GoldRush4821

I'm sorry but how the hell do you write 2 pages on stair na gaeilge? I had bullet points from revise wise learned off they add up to about 7 lines!!! WTF! I can't believe this I thought I was gonna get marks there.

I'm sorry but how the hell do you write 2 pages on stair na gaeilge? I had bullet points from revise wise learned off they add up to about 7 lines!!! WTF! I can't believe this I thought I was gonna get marks there.

You're right don't worry ,,,, In my mocks I got full marks on my stair question... and I had my three points learned off like you did...mine were worded slightly different but the same lenght .. and I got full 30 marks..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

My grammar in paper 2 was absoloutly HORENDOUS. I mean you wouldn't believe it thats how bad it was... I finished the paper at 12:50 on the dot so didn't get the chance to go back over any of it..

Paper 1 was ok but there goes my B1 down the drain :(

My teacher is going to be so annoyed at me! I'll be lucky with a C1... :(

Pre cooked essay for paper 1 worked though so hopefully I'll scrape a B3.. Kinda annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

17 pages! Was delighted with the paper as my teacher predicted exactly what came up! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 nikkaypandarr

After reading everyones thoughts and comparing what I wrote...I'll be lucky if I get any marks at all for this paper :S

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭GSI

After reading everyones thoughts and comparing what I wrote...I'll be lucky if I get any marks at all for this paper :S

Thats why you should avoid this forum;) most people on here talk a lot of Bolox though. Wouldn't take heed of half it:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

GSI wrote: »
    Thats why you should avoid this forum;) most people on here talk a lot of Bolox though. Wouldn't take heed of half it:)
    Some do, some don't.

It's often more down to comparing stuff which can't be compared really.

Just as an example, I've corrected HL English in my time, and ...

... some people have such big writing that they get about 6 words to a line, others have such crabbéd writing they squeeze in 10-12 (and some peoples' writing would suggest that a heroin-addicted spider has crawled across the page!)

... some people will leave a blank line between every para, some won't

... etc.

My point is that one person's 2 pages is the same word count as another person's 4 pages, and neither are lying.

PLUS ... when all is said and done, quantity is far less important than quality anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭pancakes rule

In Irish HL paper two there was the question on Gealt "What inspired the events of this poem?" which I answered by bsing about it being a poem which although humorous, should be used to draw our attention to a greater social issue.
    It only occurred to me today, what if didn't mean what I thought it did which was "what inspired the poet to write about the events that happened?" rather than "What (Within The Poem) inspired the events in the poem?"

What do you think? Would I just be marked wrong for my whole answer, I'm practically fluent, so at least my irish should have been grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DM360

I'd say you'll be grand. Poetry can't be taken one way and one way only. People have different interpretations.

I myself talked about bias and fear to do with the gealt and how it lead to exaggerated consequences but honestly I don't think they can just decide your opinion on how the question is phrased is wrong, if it's within reason anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Basically I said that the poet used the "Gealt" as a case for peoples misunderstanding of mental illness and the question mark posed the question, who was the real crazy character in the poem, the man in pyjamas or the bus driver and emergency services.

Advertisement