Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Tanks - tech tree discussion, and cool tool!

Options
  • 14-06-2011 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭

wotdb.info - cool tool for calculating how much credit & XP you'll need to progress to your target tank!

So tech tree revisions eh?

Well I'm highly interested in the Russian tree. Having a KV(2), KV-3, and IS1/2 in my garage.

Basically, my KV-2 will be split into 2 separate tanks in the same tier - KV-1 and KV-2.

I'll get a free KV-2 with 100% crew and garage slot.

My KV-3 will be moved up one tier to Tier 7, and replaced in Tier 6 by the T-150.

So I'll get a free T-150 with crew + garage slot, and keep my KV-3 which will form the second Heavy line, in the same Tier as the IS1/2.

Will the KV-3 get upgraded? will the T-150 be basically a stock KV-3??? I have no idea! But I hope it happens soon.

Discuss!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

still have my kv, put the derpgun back on for some one shot action.
    still my fav tank in game, gonna keep playin it till i get my s51 spg.

sold my kv3 to help fund my IS, but ill buy it back if you need it in your garage to get the free tank?

the kv2 will basically be liek a premium account, all the more reason to have gold to transfer free xp!

think i have like 30k free xp now and no gold to transfer!! :p

worry about it when i need it.

can sumone check(im in work) if the kv wil lstill be a link to the s51?!

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

KV > KV2 > S-51

SO you'll have to transfer your free XP in the KV to the KV-2 (you'll have the choice I believe).

Here's the russian tech tree (I resized it as its huge)

163010.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

very useful calculator thanks :cool:

but I would suggest getting the KV-13 if you like medium tanks it absolutely rocks, it like a T-54 for its tier and its only 20k exp to research the IS or T-43 and it makes a 45k profit nearly every average winning game and around 15-20k on a loss

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well I'm working on the IS-7 (180k exp to go) which means I'll end up with two T10 tanks (IS-4 and IS-7) and some empty spots in the tank tree but the looks of it ;)

The sad thing is it will take ages before the tank balance patch comes out though so I'll probably be in a different area of the tree by that time :(

Oh and anyone who wants to go Russian arty should get the grind on the KV for the S-51 done now before we need a second tank for it.

lets say i have a fully upgraded kv now with 50k xp.

its not free xp as the tank wont be elite till i buy the s51, thats right isnt it?

so what happens when they give me the kv2, and im still stuck with an elite kv with 100k xp for example, bit unfair if i have to spend gold to transfer.

thanks for the pic DG, wanna throw up the other trees, gimmie somethin to do till 5 o clock :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

copeyhagen wrote: »

its not free xp as the tank wont be elite till i buy the s51, thats right isnt it?
    Until you've bought the KV-3, KV-1S and the S-51 and all upgrades it will not go elite yes.
    so what happens when they give me the kv2, and im still stuck with an elite kv with 100k xp for example, bit unfair if i have to spend gold to transfer.
    You will be able to transfer any exp between the original tank and it's replacement. Same is true for the IS-4 and the Object 252 for example.

thanks for the pic DG, wanna throw up the other trees, gimmie somethin to do till 5 o clock :p

As I stated, you have the choice to transfer the XP to the KV-2 :)

(maybe shouldn't used the term 'free XP' in hindsight!)

I won't resize and post them, but I'll give you the link!

German Tech Tree

US Tech Tree

Looking at the US future map, what the heck are Christie Tanks?! I understand TD, Light/Medium/Heavy/Arty etc. but no clue what a Christie tank is...

do you guys use lower elite tier tanks to train your crews? or do ye spend gold to transfer the exp to another tank?

Nody wrote: »
    . but no clue what a Christie tank is...

I think its called after the Christie suspension that possesses superior mobility

• Advertisement

Auvers wrote: »
    do you guys use lower elite tier tanks to train your crews? or do ye spend gold to transfer the exp to another tank?
    I usually move my guys over directly because a new tank means more exp / game which means faster training (and I'm itching to move on). I also usually do them with 90% transfer (i.e. the 100k option where they lose 10% of skill which only affects the primary skill, not the secondary so a gunner with 100% / 58% repair will transfer as 90% / 58% repair).

If you do go for training the secondary skills though you should go accelerated training (you still get free exp when winning).
    I think its called after the Christie suspension that possesses superior mobility
    So a 3 level tank tree going no where; brilliant way to waste people's time...

I usually move my guys over directly because a new tank means more exp / game which means faster training (and I'm itching to move on). I also usually do them with 90% transfer (i.e. the 100k option where they lose 10% of skill which only affects the primary skill, not the secondary so a gunner with 100% / 58% repair will transfer as 90% / 58% repair).

If you do go for training the secondary skills though you should go accelerated training (you still get free exp when winning).

yeah I used to do that in the beta

but I have found its better to leave my crew in just say the M4 Sherman

so when I have researched the Easy8, I train a new crew to 75% and grind both tanks

so when I got my T-20 I had a lovely M4 crew to put in the tank and then trained to 83% with secondary skills then add vents they where pretty much up to 100% and on a stock tank that makes a big difference

now I have an E8 crew waiting for a researched T-23 with two secondary skills

Looking at the US future map, what the heck are Christie Tanks?! I understand TD, Light/Medium/Heavy/Arty etc. but no clue what a Christie tank is...

They are so called because of their designer / inventor, J Walter Christie.

A tank designer commissioned by the US Military to design tanks for them in the 20's and 30's (and yes, they all used his suspension design)

They are all light/medium tanks, and never went into mass production.

He actually sold designs for the M1928 to the Russians, who developed the BT series, and then T-34 from it ;)

The British also developed tanks from his designs.

So funnily, though none of his tanks ever went into production, and he ended up broke, 1000's of tanks in WWII were based on his designs.

yeah I used to do that in the beta

but I have found its better to leave my crew in just say the M4 Sherman

so when I have researched the Easy8, I train a new crew to 75% and grind both tanks

so when I got my T-20 I had a lovely M4 crew to put in the tank and then trained to 83% with secondary skills then add vents they where pretty much up to 100% and on a stock tank that makes a big difference

now I have an E8 crew waiting for a researched T-23 with two secondary skills

I move my trained crew on.

i.e same crew that was in my KV, are in my IS :)

I get them to 100% or close, and move them to the next tank with the 75% option, if they're too low, I'll gold at least the commander to 100% (hence getting a 10% increase for the rest of the crew).

I'll plop a 75% crew in the 'old' tank.

Which mean that only after 3 days, I've a 95% crew in my IS, with secondary's about 80%.

I think its better to have your leave your crew in an elite moneymaker tank and only move them when you research a tank two tiers above

suppose I am just tight and wont spend gold on training or exp

I think its better to have your leave your crew in an elite moneymaker tank and only move them when you research a tank two tiers above

suppose I am just tight and wont spend gold on training or exp

I'd much rather have the 90-100% crew in my brand new, shiny, expensive tank.

I'd much rather have the 90-100% crew in my brand new, shiny, expensive tank.

I only had to endure one tank at 75% per tech branch (cause below tier 5 doesn't count), which was the E8 on the American and T-34/85 on the Russian

example

M4 to T20
    E8 to T23
    T20 to Pershing

and with the soviet line

T-32 to KV-13
    T34-85 to T-43
    KV-13 to T-44
    T-43- to T-54

and most crews trained by the time they reach tier 8-9 will have at least two secondary skills as I proved to myself with the beta

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

So a 3 level tank tree going no where; brilliant way to waste people's time...

I'd expect it to be an excellent scout. The Christie prototypes were of very low profile, and incredibly fast. You think it's hard to hit an M5 Stuart or A20 at full speed, imagine something a third less the height and even faster.

NTM

I'd expect it to be an excellent scout. The Christie prototypes were of very low profile, and incredibly fast. You think it's hard to hit an M5 Stuart or A20 at full speed, imagine something a third less the height and even faster.

NTM

^^this.

I'd imagine EVERYONE will get one, as scouting on higher tiers will give you tonnes of XP. They will be excellent Tier 3 scouts.

NTM
    I tend to have no issues hitting a A20 or Stuart coming our way unless there are hills.

• Advertisement

As I know several people have had FPS issues it can be worth running this tool if you're on Win7 64 bit with 4GB or more of ram.

As I know several people have had FPS issues it can be worth running this tool if you're on Win7 64 bit with 4GB or more of ram.

AFAIK WoT is large address aware. I recall having a discussion about this on the WoT forums with a couple of members and one of the devs or mods chimed in and informed me of this.

No harm running it, but I don;t think it will make much of a difference.

AFAIK WoT is large address aware. I recall having a discussion about this on the WoT forums with a couple of members and one of the devs or mods chimed in and informed me of this.

No harm running it, but I don;t think it will make much of a difference.
    It has made a ton of difference from me, instead of crashing to 10FPS every 10 min I'm running it at steady 60+ for over an hour now :)

Now if I could only figure out why WoT don't load any custom files (i.e. sound, people, tank skins etc.) I'd be settled.

It has made a ton of difference from me, instead of crashing to 10FPS every 10 min I'm running it at steady 60+ for over an hour now :)

Cool. Maybe that mod was wrong (wouldn't surprise me in fairness).

Must give it a go myself later.

Overlord's blog which contain upcoming patches, tanks etc.

should have enough xp to get either an IS-3 or an ISU-152 over next few days. dunno which to go for.

my SU-152 has 100% crew, 90% cammo and is fully upgraded, the last 122mm is the same gun as the tier 8 on the IS, but it reloads in like half the time..its a beast, havin a LOT of fun with the su-152.

my IS is still a lot of fun, get loads of kills etc, crews only at 97%.

if i go for the ISU i can take my modules, crew with me. and its upgrades are enarly the same, will have engine, suspension, radio, and the 122mm straight away, meaning i can go for the bl10 gun :cool:

grrr in two minds which to go for now...

is3 will go to this objekt 712 or whatever it is instead of the is4 after the big patch next month..

opinions?!

ISU-152 without a shadow of a doubt.

It won't take you all that long to get to 80k for the IS-3 again.

But I'd imagine you'll have a better time of it in that ISU-152, thatthing is a nightmare to come up against.

I'd agree with DG, unless you think you can grind out the IS-3 to the IS-4 (170k exp for the tank alone) before the patch (in case I'd say go for the IS-3 so you get a free tier X tank).

at the moment my is has 35k xp, and i have another 35k free xp to be converted.

isu has about 25k and the 35k free xp.

fook it, think ill go for the isu-152, might be better for clan matches aswell to have another high td for defensive purposes, took a t30 down from 100% to 12% in match yesterday before he even knew where i was.

i can always still grind away at the is3 in the meantime

• Advertisement

at the moment my is has 35k xp, and i have another 35k free xp to be converted.

isu has about 25k and the 35k free xp.

fook it, think ill go for the isu-152, might be better for clan matches aswell to have another high td for defensive purposes, took a t30 down from 100% to 12% in match yesterday before he even knew where i was.

i can always still grind away at the is3 in the meantime

Cool. I think its the much better choice.

Only about 5k to go for my GW panther. I've done some serious grinding on my Hummel the past few days (70k+ XP). Its 116 for the GW panther, and I'll want the upgraded gun soon enough, so I'll be grinding that for the most part while grinding for my IS-3 (about half way there).

Advertisement