Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Tanks - tech tree discussion, and cool tool!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I fell short of my JagdTiger, just 26k XP to go. JT upgrades are pretty expensive, it'll be a while before I can start the process of saving for what will no doubt be an expensive StuG E100/JT2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Spear wrote: »
    I fell short of my JagdTiger, just 26k XP to go. JT upgrades are pretty expensive, it'll be a while before I can start the process of saving for what will no doubt be an expensive StuG E100/JT2.
    In cash or exp? Because I've made a bit over a mil credits selling of old guns/ammo/mods I'm no longer using on my tanks :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Nody wrote: »
    In cash or exp? Because I've made a bit over a mil credits selling of old guns/ammo/mods I'm no longer using on my tanks :)

XP, no lack of cash thanks to Lowe and premium.

To give it some context, it's 174k XP, for Ferdi to JT. And it's 63k XP for the gun ugprade on the JT, plus 20k or so for tracks, and the same for or more for each engine upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Got my lovely GW Panther last night :)

Have already fully upgraded engine, tracks and radio. 16k for upgraded gun, using the same as the Hummel at the moment.

The GW Panther has an unbelievable arc of fire from its small 'turret' without having to move the tank - meaning no need to focus aim.

To give you an idea, here's a little graphic showing my position on Malinovka, and the arc of fire I had without having to turn my tank. I could fire in that entire area without losing much of my aim focus.

164017.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Imagine what your arc of fire would be if you could get to A0, or even F0...

NTM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

have enough to buy my IS3..or hold off another day or two and get my SU-152.... gonna try hold off me thinks.

Imagine what your arc of fire would be if you could get to A0, or even F0...

NTM

I think the arc would actually go as far as C0 (was checking again last night).

Its an excellent SPG.
    copeyhagen wrote: »
    have enough to buy my IS3..or hold off another day or two and get my SU-152.... gonna try hold off me thinks.

Hmm, thought it was the ISU-152 you were going for? That makes the decision tougher. IS-3 might be a better bet.

**Edit Though now that I look at it, you cane get basically the same 122mm as the IS / IS-3, but with a MUCH higher rate of fire. Nice. And only 80k to ISU.

Go fir it.

sorry, isu-152, and yeah, i ahev the 122mm with the ridiculous reload on the su-152 already, so its a straight upgrade once i buy it

Ah well then defo the ISu :)

The two top guns on that are crazy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I think the arc would actually go as far as C0 (was checking again last night).

I meant if you had relocated your gun to A0 or F0. The problem with being artillery on that map is that the opposition always takes cover behind the buildings in the South. Move to the East of the map, and suddenly you can start hammering them while they're in their 'position of safety'

NTM

• Advertisement

I meant if you had relocated your gun to A0 or F0. The problem with being artillery on that map is that the opposition always takes cover behind the buildings in the South. Move to the East of the map, and suddenly you can start hammering them while they're in their 'position of safety'

NTM

Ah yeah. Iwas just giving an example of the range. I had obviously been aiming up there at points.

Got the upgraded gun on my GW Panther.

Its an awesome machine. Not as much damage dealt as SU-14, but the rate of fire makes up for that, as well as not having to wait to aim most of the time.

Loving it.

been giving more and more thought about which tier 8 to buy between the isu and the is3.

i have had the is half the time i have had the su-152, and have had way more xp with the is in a short time frame, i think it suits my brawler type game play better. but then i have rounds where i do sit back with the su-152 that make me think deffo stick with the tds.

my heads wrecked today!! i could buy the is3 tonight or the isu by weekend and still be halfway to is3...grrrrrrrrrrrrr

anyone played both.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Go for the ISU; the final Object 702 or what ever it is called is one scary TD (usually taking 50%+ from my upgraded IS-4).

Besides, we don't really lack highlevel tanks at the moment (we got 4 or 5 tier 9s playing regularly) but I can't recall any high level TDs.

maybe your right, we do have two ferdinands at the moment, another t8 td might be a good addition...

anyone wanna grind my su-152?!! while i get drunk in pub.:D

Go for the ISU; the final Object 702 or what ever it is called is one scary TD (usually taking 50%+ from my upgraded IS-4).

Besides, we don't really lack highlevel tanks at the moment (we got 4 or 5 tier 9s playing regularly) but I can't recall any high level TDs.

My JagdTiger is being cruelly overlooked already.

My JagdTiger is being cruelly overlooked already.
    Probably 'cause one killed me this morning and I'm still hurting from it :(

Probably 'cause one killed me this morning and I'm still hurting from it :(

If it's any consolation, it wasn't me, as I'm doing crap with the stock JT.

is there gonna be tier 10 td's brought out eventually?

copeyhagen wrote: »
    is there gonna be tier 10 td's brought out eventually?

Yes, some form of the E100 chassis based one, probably the JT2 and not the preferred Krokodil edition.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

at last got my T23, soon to be a Pershing :)

Auvers wrote: »
    at last got my T23, soon to be a Pershing :)

On June 28th.

On June 28th.

oh is that the date of the patch?

oh is that the date of the patch?

That's the word I have for EU.

Edit: should have added the 29th was also a possibility.

No sign of patch notices on the US (should be one day before EU) or EU forums, so I'm assuming it's delayed a bit.

No sign of patch notices on the US (should be one day before EU) or EU forums, so I'm assuming it's delayed a bit.

damn I am going on holidays on Friday for two weeks, hoping for at least one night with the new patch

damn I am going on holidays on Friday for two weeks, hoping for at least one night with the new patch

It says 'this week' on twatbook.

It says 'this week' on twatbook.

New date I have is tomorrow morning.

New date I have is tomorrow morning.

Russian patch has since gone out, so looks like no further delay unless something major and previously unseen is found.

Edit: yup, just as I said: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/44223-maintenance-works-to-implement-65-update/

• Advertisement

0.65 Patch currently being installed, should be complete by 11am.

How the tank change will be done:
    The exchanging of the “T-23” and “M-26 Pershing” has been implemented in this manner.
    Variant 1.
    If the “T-23” tank has been researched but not in the players garage, the following changes were implemented:
    1. The cell for tier 8 medium tank was changed from ‘T-23” into “M-26 Pershing” in the USA tech tree
    2. Default modules of “T-23” tank were changed into the respective ones on the “M26 Pershing” in the USA tech tree if necessary, except for the default gun - it remained on the “T-23”
    3. If the AV-1790-1 engine was researched on the “T-23”, it would be unlocked on the “M-26 Pershing”, the same would go for the SCR528 radio (the AV-1790-2 will not be available in tier 8)
    4. If the T23B5180 turret was researched on the “T23”, the M26M67 turret in the “M26 Pershing’’ tank tree will become researched;
    5. If the VVSS T80 suspension was researched on the “T23”, the M26T81 suspension on the “M26 Pershing” tank tree will become researched;
    6. The guns research scheme and its current progress will be moved to the “M26 Pershing” tank tree from the “T23” without any changes, but the turret from the scheme is moved to the different branch, all guns should be mountable on both turrets, The 90 mm T15E2M2 gun is added to the scheme;
    7. The research cost for all modules in experience and their price in credits from the “T23” tank are saved for “M26 Pershing” tank. For example, to research the M26M67 turret that replaced the T23B5180 turret, you’ll have to spend the same amount of XP as it was for T23B5180
    8. All undistributed XP from “T23” tank passes to the “M26 Pershing” tank;
    9. All modules from the “T23” tank, which are not compatible with other tanks (turrets, suspension) and available in the player depot, are sold by their nominal purchase price, credits from this operation will be credited to the players account.
    10. All modules from the “T23” tank, which are compatible with the “M26 Pershing” tank (radio, engines, guns) are stored in the players depot, as well as all ammo for the above-mentioned guns.
    11. Every crew member in players barracks and/or on other vehicles with “T23” tank specialization is swapped to the ”M26 Pershing” tank specialization without any other changes and penalties.
    12. Player statistics for “T23” tank pass to the “M26 Pershing” tank without any losses or penalties and with preservation of all achievements.
    Variant 2
    If T23 was in the garage at the moment of the change and was researched, all stated in the Variant 1 takes place, along with:
    1. “Т23” tank is replaced by “M26 Pershing” saving all installed and researched modules - gun, engine and etc. In case of modules incompatibility, which has to be researched (for example, turret) they will be changed on the similar for the “M26 Pershing” tank.
    2. Ammo loaded on the tank is transferred to the depot;
    3. Consumables, mounted on the “T23” tank are moved to “M26 Pershing” tank;
    4. Equipment mounted on the “T23” tank is transferred to the depot without any losses for the player.
    5. The crew with additional qualifications on the “T23” is transferred to the “M26 Pershing”.

The exchanging of the “M26 Pershing” and “M46 Patton” has been implemented in this manner.
    Variant 1.
    If the “M26 Pershing” tank has been researched but not in the player’s garage, the following changes were implemented:
    1. Medium tank “M26 Pershing” tank is changed to medium tank “M46 Patton’» tank in the US research tree;
    2. “M26 Pershing” tank stock modules are changed to the “M26 Pershing” tank stock modules in the research tree, if needed;
    3. If the AV-1790-1 and/or AV-1790-2 engines, as well as SCR528 Radio, are researched for the “M26 Pershing» tank, they will become researched for the “M46 Patton”;
    4. If the M26M67 turret on the “M26 Pershing” tank is researched the M46m67 turret on the “M46 Patton»”will become researched;
    5. The M26T81 motor on the “M26 Pershing” tank tech tree is changed to the M46T81 motor in “M46 Patton” tank;
    6. Gun research scheme and current researches are transferred from the ”M26 Pershing” tank to the “M46 Patton” tank with no changes, The M36 gun is added;
    7. Module research costs and their credit price in the store for the “M46 Patton” tank stay the same as for the “M26 Pershing”. I.e. the same amount of experience is needed to research M46M67 turret, which has changed to the M26M67 turret. The same amount of credits is needed for the purchase of M46M67 in the store as for the turret M26M67;
    8. All the experience is transferred to M46 Patton;
    9. All modules from the “M26 Pershing” tank, which are not compatible with other tanks (turrets, suspension) and available in the player depot, are sold for their nominal purchase price, credits from this transaction will be credited to the players account. Modules of the ‘old’ Pershing are not compatible with ‘new’ Pershing and should be sold.
    10. All modules from the “M26 Pershing” tank which are compatible with the “M46 Patton” tank (radio, engines, and guns) are stored in the player’s depot, as well as all ammo for the above-mentioned guns.
    11. Every crew member in player’s barracks and/or on other vehicles with the “M26 Pershing” specialization is swapped to the “M46 Patton” specialization without any other changes and penalties.
    12. Player statistics for the “M26 Pershing” tank pass to the “M46 Patton” tank without any losses or penalties and with preservation of all achievements.
    Variant 2.
    If the “M26 Pershing” was in the garage at the moment of the change and was researched, all stated in the Variant 1 takes place, along with:
    1. The “M26 Pershing” tank is replaced by the “M46 Patton” tank with preservation of all mounted modules (guns, radio, and engine). In case of researchable modules being incompatible (for example, turret), they will be replaced with similar for the “M46 Patton”.
    2. All ammo, loaded on the”M26 Pershing” tank, is moved to player’s depot.
    3. Consumables, installed on the “M26 Pershing” tank, are moved to “M46 Patton” tank;
    4. All additional equipment installed on the “M26 Pershing” tank, are moved to the player’s depot without any losses for the player.

Patch notes
    List of changes in v.0.6.5 vs v.0.6.4:

- Added a standard tech branch for USA Tank Destroyers: T18, T82, T40, M10 Wolverine, M36 Slagger, T25 AT, T28, T95.
    - Changed M26 Pershing to M46 Patton on USA Medium Tanks Tier 9. The T23 is replaced by М26 Pershing on tier 8. T23 is temporarily removed from the game.
    - Added premium vehicles: USA M22 Locust, USSR T-127.
    - Added new maps: "Redshire" and "Arctic Region".
    - Visually redesigned maps: "Karelia" and "Erlenberg".
    - Fixed some jam-up and impassability issues on most maps
    - Fixes for damage and destruction models of some game objects
    - Fixes in some vehicle models
    - Increased profitability of the M12 SPG to the analogous SPGs level of other nations.
    - Increased depression angle for guns: T1 hvy, M6, T32, T34.
    - Decreased the KV-220 tier.
    - 10% increase in profitability for the M6A2E1
    - Fixed damage models of the T1 hvy, M6 and M6A2E1.
    - Fixed the start battle timer lag issue.
    - Fixed disappearing tracers and shot effects during loading models of enemy vehicles.
    - Fixed shell penetration traces on the environment objects.
    - Fixed the description for the Orlik's Medal.
    - Fixed an occasional crash on minimizing the client.
    - Fixed display of a user who is banned from voice chat on the map load screen. - Fixed the display of input devices list in the voice chat settings.
    - Added a notification in the Garage on the credits total charged for a team kill or damage.
    - Fixed the display of the "ready for battle" status with incomplete ammunition.
    - Restored voice notification on observation device damage.
    - Fixed some unclickable areas on the minimap on resizing the game window.
    - Fixed blank lines in graphics settings for specific configurations.
    - Fixed graphics settings reset to custom settings on changing general graphics presets.
    - Fixed some vehicle's descriptions.
    - Fixed incorrect selection of the "weakest" tanker during accelerated training.
    - Fixed an issue where users were unable to leave a clan.
    - Introduced an additional battle tier for vehicles of tier 1.
    - Fixed the display of the elite vehicle icon which was available only on Garage refresh.
    - Added tank sale restriction: only 5 vehicles can be sold within 24 hours.
    - Fixed inconsistencies in volume levels checked in settings.

Advertisement