Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Tanks - tech tree discussion, and cool tool!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

direct d/load link 398MB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

so we didnt get the free kv2 this patch correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

copeyhagen wrote: »
    so we didnt get the free kv2 this patch correct?

Correctomundo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Germany Heavy Tier X damage dealer up next.

Details are here but in summary, goodish armor but not Maus good. Faster then a Maus but not IS-7 fast and slightly less DPS then the American tank (which has highest DPS so far) with two guns (128mm and 150mm).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Update on preliminary patch notes of v.6.6:

New map Siegfried Line (working title, subject to change)
    New German heavy tanks line: Pz.VI Tiger (P), VK 4502 (P) Ausf A, Е-75, Е-100.
    New tank E-50, a substitution to Panther II as tier 9 German medium tank (the same procedure as for the substitution of M26 Pershing for M46 Patton). Changes to German medium tanks line according to the revised German tech tree
    New German premium light tank Skoda Т-15.
    New German premium medium tank Skoda Т-25.
    "Zero" battles for players with up to 10 battles on their accounts.
    Free platoons for 2 players, premium account is required for platoon leader to invite a 3rd member.
    "Supercharging/afterburning/nitro" (working title, subject to change) consumable for E-series providing extra horsepower.
    Starting July 1st and till July 4th the following bonuses will be available:

- experience received for the first victory will be multiplied by 5;

- a 7-day premium account can be purchased for the price of a 3-day premium account.

Starting July 1st and till July 8th the following bonus will be available:

- Consumables can be purchased with a 50% discount.

The special will be available after the scheduled server restart at 5:00 AM UTC on July 1st. Join Kursk Operation in WOT tomorrow!

• Advertisement

Updated hitzone skins for .65 can be found here.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

:D

Well, I finally got my GW Tiger :)

But its crap :(

The stock gun (170mm, RoF 2.2, Ave pen 88, Ave Dam 1400, acc 0.41) is slow firing, and very innacurate. But when it hits is very good.

I took 32% off the side of a Maus with it, 30% of an IS-7 etc but it still doesn't get penetrating shots each time, and at 1300+ per shell, really isn't good enough.

This is the first arty I've managed to lose money on in battle.

Stock tracks are 11 degrees traverse, increasing to only 14 degrees with the upgrade, 16k xp tracks.

The machine is VERY slow. Especially while turning, so it takes time to get into position.

The upgraded gun on my GW Panther has a higher RoF, deals 1200 average damage with the same pen and is more accurate. Coupled with the fact that the GW Panther is quite nimble, make it a better artillery piece at the moment.

I just hope the upgrades to the Tiger make it worth while, as right now, I'll lose the first minute or two merely getting into position, and really have to hit or damage with each shot.

I've lost a battle, got 2 hits, and still got 30k creds with it though, so there is potential.

Also, its splash damage radius seems WAY improved over the GW Panther.

I splashed 35% of an IS-4 yesterday....

Sounds as the 203mm on the S-51 and Obj. 206 (RoF of 1.8, similar damage etc.).

It takes a while to get used to it and I was despairing at the start with the gun but now I would not trade anything away for it! Yes, you have to be careful with your shots and can't really take chances but when you hit you'll easily knock of 50% of IS-4s etc. and can one shot IS-3s, IS-4s and lower (if lucky).

Normally these days I got a hit rate of around 30% but with the splash I still manage to kill/cripple and hurt soooo many tanks and usually end up ahead.

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    Sounds as the 203mm on the S-51 and Obj. 206 (RoF of 1.8, similar damage etc.).

It takes a while to get used to it and I was despairing at the start with the gun but now I would not trade anything away for it! Yes, you have to be careful with your shots and can't really take chances but when you hit you'll easily knock of 50% of IS-4s etc. and can one shot IS-3s, IS-4s and lower (if lucky).

Normally these days I got a hit rate of around 30% but with the splash I still manage to kill/cripple and hurt soooo many tanks and usually end up ahead.

After a few rounds last night, I've certainly gotten more used to it. What was anoying me was I think Ive had the worst run of luck in the teams I've been macthed in - I'd say I've lost 9/10 games over the past 2 nights.

For instance, I got matched with 1 team last night, on Malinovka. We had 3 GW Tigers, our team was on the southern side of the map. Noone went up the hill :rolleyes:

You can guess how that ended... But this keeps happening to me grr...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

probably why you see a lot more gw-p's than gw-t's around, some people might not wanna progress to the tiger.

im at about 90k i think on my kv, hopefully i have enough to get my s51 before the next big patch and tech tree shuffle comes out.

played the hummel in beta and liked it, though the 20 shot limit was a bit of a pain! i was sued to the low level arty, firing at eveything that moves!!

gonna just grind away to my is4 and concentrate on middles

The Russian shuffle is in next patch at the earliest so early September so you still have time to get the S-51 :)

For a tier 5 arty, the Hummel is excellent. I love it. Its gun has HUGE dispersion until it focuses in, and a small arc of fire. But it can deal some serious damage, and you even have the pace to either run away, or even chase down enemy's TD style.

The GW Tiger has huge dispersion intially, but once you let it focus, it doesn't widen all that much, even though your arc of fire is as small as the Grille (maybe 3 degrees). So when the tank has to move, it doesn't 'zoom out' all that much.

I'd say one main factor for seeing so few GW Tigers is the 182k XP required from the GW Panther to get to it (you must get the second gun first).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I had GWT for a while in the Beta, the second gun is far more statisfying than the first one. You still have the liabilities of an endless reload time, very narrow arc of fire and a slow vehicle, but on the plus side, when you connect with something (or even near miss), it's going to leave a very significant mark. Only arty piece that I've had simultaneous kills. (Including one shot that polished off two T-54s and damaged a third, that was an epic fight which we shouldn't have won).

GWP is the more fun vehicle, mind, and on average, you'll have a greater effect on the game than you will in the average game in GWT. But when GWT works, it seriously works.

NTM

Advertisement