Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strimmer & Lawn Query

Options
  • 14-06-2011 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭

Hi all, gardening noob here!

We live in a house where there is literally no room to store a lawn mower, as we don't have an outside shed so the only place to keep a mower would be in the kitchen (and we're not gonna do that)

What i was wondering is, can a strimmer do a decent enough job of keeping the grass fairly neat and short if it's a good quality one? i don't want the lawn to be like Wimbledon standards or anything, a strimmer can easily be stored in a cupboard or something so wouldn't be an eyesore and our lawn isn't that big either, probably 8m x 8m

Advice?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

I would say no. You wouldn't have enough conrtol to do the whole thing at a reasonably similar length. You would probably end up taking chunks out of the grass. What about a small flymo. Have you under the stairs space? Or you could build a cheap enough storage box outside just for the lawn mower. Or be creative and have it double as seating?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

I have a very limited amount of space also but luckily a small lawn. I have a small "push" lawn mower. I store it "upside down" (without the grass collection box) and it stores very neatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

I have a very limited amount of space also but luckily a small lawn. I have a small "push" lawn mower. I store it "upside down" (without the grass collection box) and it stores very neatly.[/QUOTE]

This one coming up in Lidl next week. http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ie/hs.xsl/index_11719.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Cheers for the replies lads.

I got a really cheap lawnmower in the Argos sale. Did the job grand despite the grass being really long. It folds up nicely too so doesn't take up much space at all.

Advertisement