Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

evergreen suggestion??

Options
  • 14-06-2011 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

My neighbour has extended their driveway so that now when they get out of their car they are right beside my sitting room window.

I'm trying to scource an evergreen to give a bit of a screening effect. I only want to sit in their corner of my front bed so its needs to be just 1 to 1.5 in width and really only 1.5 in height. Its north/east facing with slightly acidic soil. I was hoping to find something with a bit of interest but its not absolute.

Any suggestions??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭jezko

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    My neighbour has extended their driveway so that now when they get out of their car they are right beside my sitting room window.

I'm trying to scource an evergreen to give a bit of a screening effect. I only want to sit in their corner of my front bed so its needs to be just 1 to 1.5 in width and really only 1.5 in height. Its north/east facing with slightly acidic soil. I was hoping to find something with a bit of interest but its not absolute.

Any suggestions??

Aucuba japonica ...Several different cultivars too choice from..... Can be pruned to restrict the height width ...

Pyracantha ....Also can be pruned to control

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

2nd the Aucuba. Grows anywhere, any conditions. Easy to control. Attractive as a border plant and contrasts very well with man made structures.

Advertisement