Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC smartphones reception quality - is it any good?

Options
  • 14-06-2011 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

After months of using a phone on which both the six and down key don't really work, I've decided to bite the bullet and finally get a smartphone. I'm currently looking at the HTC Wildfire S (http://www.o2online.ie/o2/shop/phones/detail.php?pid=139).

I live in an area of quite bad signal, so much so that I have to leave my phone near one particular window to receive texts, and outside if I actually want to be able to talk to someone on the phone. I'm sure any HTC phone will be an improvement over my 2003 Sony Ericsson, but I just want to make sure no one has any any actual problems with reception with the phone.

Has anyone used this phone in a low signal area? How good was it at getting any reception at all?

Also: I'm currently on o2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Have you thought about changing networks?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NR

Have you thought about changing networks?

Yes, but I am happy with o2 when I'm not within the four walls of my home. My parents, also on o2, do not have as extreme the problems I have. And as far as I can see, there are huge problems with signal for the Wildfire S on the Vodaphone network, which is the strongest network where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭culsoh

Have you WiFi at home??

If you don't I would definitely change networks as you will lose out with no coverage with a smartphone..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

I never found my HTC Hero to have any worse reception than any other phone.
    Never had any reception problems except on Innisboffin which I can forgive.

Advertisement