Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is the most overrated band?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 y3llo_w

Any band can be over-rated, as they get bigger and more recognised, people talk them up more so others have these huge expectations about them and then may be disappointed with what they hear, doesn't mean the band isn't any good, just didn't live up to you're expectation. I think its totally a matter of personal taste too :P

for me, U2 is definitely the most over-rated band, i think they're totally bland and seriously don't know how they got so famous.! :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

y3llo_w wrote: »
    for me, U2 is definitely the most over-rated band, i think they're totally bland and seriously don't know how they got so famous.! :/
    Easy, most good bands appeal to serious music fans. U2 appeal to people who don't really like music. They are a lot more of these people out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Nolanger wrote: »
    Easy, most good bands appeal to serious music fans. U2 appeal to people who don't really like music. They are a lot more of these people out there!

Again with these poorly-researched over generalized claims.

Good bands appeal to people who find their music entertaining, its nothing to do with whether or not you're serious about music.

I love U2 and I still consider myself to be a "serious music fan". For me the definition of a "serious music fan" is someone like Noel Gallagher who is into most types of music and has a broad appreciation.

If there is a type of band you dislike for some reason, thats your own choice. There are people who will be bigger music fans than yourself in general but they will still like the band you find over-rated.

May I ask who would you consider to be "good bands"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Aisling.A.Ding

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, all Bon Jovi's songs sound the same..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

I don't know why people are citing The Prodigy's lyrics as a reason for not liking them. You don't listen to The Prodigy for their lyrical content anymore than you listen to Bob Dylan or Tom Waits for their beautiful singing voice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭RC88

has to be greenday, far too much hype made about em for my likeing
    and greenday have only one or two good songs, the rest is complete plap, they're proof pop and punk should rarely mix if ever, anarchy in the usa ended with grunge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭thenakedanddead

Led Zeppelin - maybe it's just me. I've never been a hard rock fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Nolanger wrote: »
    Anyone remember JJ72? Thought not.
    Yep, I've both of their albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭l.m

U2

Advertisement