Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft shop for waterford

• 14-06-2011 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Just taught I'd let any airsofters out there know who haven't heard that there is a new shop opening in town very soon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Oh cool. Where is it gonna be ?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

I haven't heard yet seany, only that it is in town.

Ah right no worries. I'll keep me eyes peeled so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

How much damage would you do with an airsoft gun?

Not a lot. Irish law means they have to be less than 1 joule. It's for sport to use in games, it's not about hurting anyone/anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Not a lot. Irish law means they have to be less than 1 joule. It's for sport to use in games, it's not about hurting anyone/anything.

:(

Yeah same guys running it as the enniscorthy store. Have just heard it's the 29th of this month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Would they be any good for a make believe real mccoy in the event of a breakin at home.:(

They look the part alright

• Advertisement

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Would they be any good for a make believe real mccoy in the event of a breakin at home.:(

Jaysus lads this is not what's it all about. It's a sport played on dedicated sites. It is not home protection and if you do so you will be the one who ends up in jail. If you use them improperly you will be treated by the Gardai a having posesion of a firearm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Hope He does well. I met Tony and the lads a couple of times cause I was trying to get into airsofting before I wrecked my back. He's a sound bloke.

It'll be a tough going I'd say but I'm hoping to take it up again over the summer as my back is 90% there so he'll def be seeing me.

ziedth wrote: »
    Hope He does well. I met Tony and the lads a couple of times cause I was trying to get into airsofting before I wrecked my back. He's a sound bloke.

It'll be a tough going I'd say but I'm hoping to take it up again over the summer as my back is 90% there so he'll def be seeing me.
    cool. We could shoot a mod

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭scico rocks

seanybiker wrote: »

:D

Just so you know the site has moved from dungarvan to a new place in tramore.

Just so you know the site has moved from dungarvan to a new place in tramore.

Really? Where in Tramore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

It's called the Manor and you can find it on Facebook the Whiskey Delta lads run it and is ment to be one of the best in Ireland because of the type of woodland and buildings there. It's also in this months SitRep Airsoft magazine which is a new Irish Airsoft magazine available online and is free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

seanybiker wrote: »

or a bunch of em :)
    maybe not

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 soupyryan

bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

soupyryan wrote: »
    bump

Mind your head :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I never done air softing, have done paint balling, but i hear air softing is better though, must give it a go sometime.

STIG83 wrote: »
    I never done air softing, have done paint balling, but i hear air softing is better though, must give it a go sometime.

That's true. It's a more realistic day out than paintballing. Plus you can own your own gear without needing a license.

soupyryan wrote: »
    bump

:confused::confused::confused:

It would appear this chap just went around bumping any threads to do with airsoft before he got banned. Strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

:confused::confused::confused:

It would appear this chap just went around bumping any threads to do with airsoft before he got banned. Strange one.
    What is bumping?

chelloveks wrote: »
    What is bumping?

Brings threads upto top of unread pile

and i thought bumping was similar to dogging seanie ..... :P

The shop is ment to be open on the 29th of this month and is in the city centre area, thank god there will be one less unit lying idle, might mean a few jobs too so well done for tony for taking a chance and i wish him all the best with the venture. if anyone who doesnt know what airsoft is, think paintball but a whole lot cheaper( games costs between 10/20 euros weekly and big events 60+ players the last sunday of the month) age range from 14 years and up. The local site is 10mins from the city centre and is on 20 acres of woodland and buildings. its def worth a go once and see what you think.

I'm dying to get an airsoft sniper rifle. 20 acres sounds class. Hopefully it will be a great success. People nowadays want a cheap way of fun and after paying for equipment airsoft is fairly cheap.

hellfireie wrote: »
    and i thought bumping was similar to dogging seanie ..... :P

The shop is ment to be open on the 29th of this month and is in the city centre area, thank god there will be one less unit lying idle, might mean a few jobs too so well done for tony for taking a chance and i wish him all the best with the venture. if anyone who doesnt know what airsoft is, think paintball but a whole lot cheaper( games costs between 10/20 euros weekly and big events 60+ players the last sunday of the month) age range from 14 years and up. The local site is 10mins from the city centre and is on 20 acres of woodland and buildings. its def worth a go once and see what you think.

I'll second that for anyone interested, what you really need the first time playing is to do it with a group who plays in the spirit of the game. Such as taking hits and not being a díckhead. You'll see guys who take it very "seriously" with all the gear and stuff but it's important not to feel intimidated like.

Over the summer Hellfireie I might open up a new thread for anyone who wants to give it a go for the first time and we can all go down together. Be easier for people to take it up if they weren't new and alone. I'll facebook ya at some point and we might organise it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Definitely interested in giving this a go. I've been always toying with the idea but some weekends never suit.

• Advertisement

Great idea Ziedth ,could make it a waterford boardie's event ?

Advertisement