Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time letting - What do I need to supply??

Options
  • 14-06-2011 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi there
    I'm leasing out my apartment in Clonee come August. I just want to know what the basic things are for a landlord to leave in the apartment such as TV, electrical goods (apart from the obvious).
    Simple question I know but I can't seem to find a definitive list of items or things that I need to have for prospective tenants.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 The Good Agent

MollyRo wrote: »
    Hi there
    I'm leasing out my apartment in Clonee come August. I just want to know what the basic things are for a landlord to leave in the apartment such as TV, electrical goods (apart from the obvious).
    Simple question I know but I can't seem to find a definitive list of items or things that I need to have for prospective tenants.
    Thanks!

While I know I'm not necessarily answering your question I can offer one related piece of advise. It is a good idea to go through the property thoroughly and detail (1) the items that you have supplied with the property, e.g., couches and kitchen appliances, and (2) the condition of the items and also the condition of the property in general, e.g., the walls, the doors, the windows. This covers you if a situation occurs where there is damage when the tenant leaves, i.e., you know if the damage was done before or after the tenancy began.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 MollyRo

Thanks for that, I'll be removing any expensive furniture and leaving standard replaceable furniture.
    Do I need to supply a TV? I feel like a total bimbo when it comes to this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 The Good Agent

Hi,

A TV is not required. The following link (minimum housing standards legislation) might be of some use. Section 8 might be of particular interest.

http://www.environ.ie/en/Legislation/DevelopmentandHousing/Housing/FileDownLoad,19142,en.pdf

Good luck,
    Barry

www.thegoodagent.ie

Advertisement