Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston 2012

Options
  • 14-06-2011 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi Boardsies,

I'm heading to Boston in January 2012 on the 12 month J1 working visa for graduates. I'm just wondering is there anyone else planning on going around this time and, if so, do you want to introduce yourself here and maybe we could set up a facebook group and get to know each other and maybe plan our arrival in Boston together.

I am going on my own so anyone who is willing to chat is welcome. It would make the move a little less scary.

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mixthetricks

"J1 Boston 2012" on Facebook :) How you getting on over there. Your over there a few months now yea? Im over there in June on my own. Just wondering when ya reckon the job front would be like, Not getting much feed back from employers via email at all. What kinda internship are you doing? Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Corrimbla

Lads speaking from experience..Anyone going on the 12 month J1 to Boston will have no problem meeting people..Especially if you go through the IIIC as Jude will have ye playing Softball and other stuff if ye want to..and there definitely no shortage of paddys in the summer months with all the summer J1ers..I arrived in Boston last April myself not knowing anyone on the same visa..met a few groups of lads that were on the same visa and all ended up having serious craic for the year! Best of luck to you both!

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Hi all. I'm going on holidays to Boston in August. We wanted to see a show in the Boston Symphony Hall but the orchestra we were planning to see close shop in July and August and travel. Can anyone recommend any other theatres in Boston?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Not an orchestra, but I would recommend going to see the Blue Man Group in Boston, you should be able to get tickets at the TKTS booth.

Advertisement