Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help : can't find the name of a game. ( tip of me tongue etc )

Options
  • 14-06-2011 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭

Used to play a game on a PC, a few years back.

you were a machinegunner in a nest. Enemy tanks, paratroopers, APCs, fighter aircraft came at you in waves. you had limited ammo and a few missiles.

There was a night mode where you had to do the same thing with only a flashlight circle to kill the baddies.

the heavier and heavier waves eventually got you.

Anyone know what it was called ? graphics quite old school but addictive

which is why I want it again !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

What era?

2D or 3D?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Maybe use this a general cant think of game topic?There was one years ago,Early 90's where there was like a bank robbery or something and you arrive in a chopper take out a few guys on the roof and then ab sail into the bank ?.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That was Sin.

It was an ok game until a week later Half Life came out and made everything else feel old.

Ya know your games :). Doesn't look as great as i remember look at it now.Suppose i was like 8 so :P.Prob wouldn't even run on today's pc's.Just like silver.Always wanted to play that again but alas :(

• Advertisement

You can get it on Steam. Lets just say that time hasn't been the kindest to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Release day wasn't kind to Sin!

But Silver, man, I loved Silver. Fantastic game, but hasn't really aged too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

well done that's it ! insert obligatory wayne's world "we're not worthy" montage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

trellheim wrote: »
    well done that's it ! insert obligatory wayne's world "we're not worthy" montage.

Shucks you guys.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You can get it on Steam. Lets just say that time hasn't been the kindest to it.

Which Sin or Silver ?

Sin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

The man is a machine.

Advertisement