Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social welfare

Options
  • 14-06-2011 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

Anybody sign on for social welfare recently or anybody know what the wait time is between signing on and getting a payment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

If you go through the CWO, they should be able to pay you weekly until it's processed fully. Otherwise, it'll be a backdate from the application, and not a clue on waiting times at the moment, sorry. Think it's in the many months region though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

racso1975 wrote: »
    Anybody sign on for social welfare recently or anybody know what the wait time is between signing on and getting a payment?
    Community welfare officer may be able to give you supplementary welfare allowance until your jobseekers payment is processed. Call in to their office in the health centre on the Athy Rd in the grounds of the hospital, turn to the left inside the gate. Any payments you get will be deducted from your backdated dole payment.

They may also be able to offer assistance with mortgage interest or rent payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Community welfare officer may be able to give you supplementary welfare allowance until your jobseekers payment is processed. Call in to their office in the health centre on the Athy Rd in the grounds of the hospital, turn to the left inside the gate. Any payments you get will be deducted from your backdated dole payment.

They may also be able to offer assistance with mortgage interest or rent payments.

Foggy it depends on where you live in Carlow which CWO you go to, if your Burren street or other areas your local officer is the one in Graigue swimming pool, only there 1 1/2 days a week I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Thanks for all the help folks. Out in fenagh so i'd say it could be bagnelstown

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

racso1975 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the help folks. Out in fenagh so i'd say it could be bagnelstown

I could be wrong but I think from work it's actually Tullow CWO's that apply to Fenagh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'm almost sure that the CWO for Fenagh is in Myshall. She does be there on Tuesday mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Thanks folks a couple of weeks before the job ends so fingers crossed something will pop up

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

The CWO for Fenagh does be in Myshall on Tuesday mornings and Borris on Wednesday mornings.

Advertisement