Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity rooms shut down due to rat infestation!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

this should bring 10 million rats into the city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

krudler wrote: »
    this should bring 10 million rats into the city

In that case we should build the first monorail station on the site. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I'd pay to keep it closed!

I was talking about the Opera site, not Trooms.

I like Trooms. Always had a good laugh in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

LB6 wrote: »
    and to show my age - The Granary! :rolleyes: (oops - missed page 2)
    And to show my age remember Tropics!:rolleyes::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

I reckon this could be a side effect of them filling in all the tunnels/arches/cellars under O'Connell Street and William Street. The rats have to go somewhere! There's mink down there too!

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/georgian_cellars_filled_with_concrete_amid_safety_concerns_in_limerick_1_2763585

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

I'd no more believe the Rat Infestation story. I bet they'll be open again in September when the students return ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

rats...

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭roseagra

Normally I wouldn't be bothered by a club like shrooms closing (even though I've had a few good nights there) but bumped into some of the staff from there over the past week - people are leaving the country because of the jobs lost - it's might not be my favourite hot spot but it's fairly awful for the folks who might not have jobs to go back to......

I'm now trying to think of something useful to do with all those rats - do they like to run like gerbils? a massive rat wheel to power some of the city?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

If you open a business that close to city hall you're bound to get trouble with rats.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

roseagra wrote: »
    Normally I wouldn't be bothered by a club like shrooms closing (even though I've had a few good nights there) but bumped into some of the staff from there over the past week - people are leaving the country because of the jobs lost - it's might not be my favourite hot spot but it's fairly awful for the folks who might not have jobs to go back to......

I'm now trying to think of something useful to do with all those rats - do they like to run like gerbils? a massive rat wheel to power some of the city?

It must be closed down so,not opening again in 2 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

bigpink wrote: »
    It must be closed down so,not opening again in 2 weeks

My brother's best friend has been working there for a while now. He went to Maryland on Monday. That's something he'd been planning for months. I wouldn't read too much into the stories yet. ;)

L.T.P. wrote: »
    I'd no more believe the Rat Infestation story. I bet they'll be open again in September when the students return ;)

If I was trying to come with a reason for temporarily closing my business I would certainly use something other than a RAT infestation as an excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Its in the post today they say the opera centre can become Limericks Temple Bar area with regards tax designations, seems like a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I'd pay to keep it closed!

You're right Sarah, it IS a hole...but now there's no nightclub for the under 20's of a Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Would these rats have anything to do with the power outage in town today :P

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    If I was trying to come with a reason for temporarily closing my business I would certainly use something other than a RAT infestation as an excuse.

We'll see guys, I don't hear of any other business in the area complaining about Rats, I can't see how it would be unique to Trinity Rooms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭7Sins

OMG the drama :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Skintwin wrote: »
    You're right Sarah, it IS a hole...but now there's no nightclub for the under 20's of a Saturday night.

Wait until Mardi Gras....can't stop us drinking on the street then!!!!!!! *evil villain laugh*

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Rats. In the Granary. No way anyone could have foreseen that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

For some reason ive an image in my mind of rats running around in there getting smashed!

But on a serious note, it is a hit to the city all and all, and although there are no other businesses in the area complaining (There are other businesses in the area? Wow i musta been too drunk to remember, well i musta been to go to trinity rooms!) they may just not have known about it. Considering the age of the building overall, all the stale drink & food in the area, its at the riverside its not suprising they have rats to me, although the ammount is another question, but i dont know how many they have especially to call it an "infestation" if it was, id imadgine they would work damn hard to keep it out of press, and to get it sorted damn quick especially with the leaving finishing up, and mardi grais which would give them really good business.

Well thats just my two cents, correct me if im wrong at any point, please .

• Advertisement

L.T.P. wrote: »
    We'll see guys, I don't hear of any other business in the area complaining about Rats, I can't see how it would be unique to Trinity Rooms.

For some reason businesses are not usually too inclined to reveal to the public if they are having a problem with rats.

Also all that's around there is office blocks, they would be the only place selling food/drink that is directly attached to the Opera Center site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭DanTheMan91

It appears the rodents wanted to party too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Given the number of long empty buildings along Rutland Street right up to Patrick street, I think it requires no great stretch of the imagination to imagine the amount of vermin that could be breeding in those buildings.

It could be as simple as the granary building being right against whichever empty building on Rutland street that has the main body of the rats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,050 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

tishandy wrote: »
    And to show my age remember Tropics!:rolleyes::pac:
    Young whipper snapper!:D:)..How about when it was Fernandos??
    Anyone remember the Pink Elephant [or effulent] in Bedford Row?
    Eastwoods nite club?Ruby's in Cruises hotel? Club Marche??The Basement club under[Glentworth] Perys Hotel? Magnums bar in the Ardhu Ryan? Poldarks in the two mile[vile] inn? Close encounters[with a steak knife!!] out in the Parkway? Ah Memories!!:D
    NOW I'm really showing my age!!:(.

Its in the post today they say the opera centre can become Limericks Temple Bar area with regards tax designations, seems like a good idea

Lovely:rolleyes:...Stag and Hen nites aplenty,more drunks with more puke on the pavements.
    reckon this could be a side effect of them filling in all the tunnels/arches/cellars under O'Connell Street and William Street. The rats have to go somewhere! There's mink down there too!

If it is the dreaded killer mink of Limerick.The ones that can attack dogs and horses,according to our local press and councilers.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Then we wont have many rats for long as they eat them as well.
    They are like ferretts,rats wont hang around if there are mink in an area.

Best thing to do ..Just burn,out demolish ,concrete over the whole dump,until somone wants to build somthing there.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Eastwoods nite club?Ruby's in Cruises hotel? Club Marche??The Basement club under[Glentworth] Perys Hotel? Magnums bar in the Ardhu Ryan? Poldarks in the two mile[vile] inn? Close encounters[with a steak knife!!] out in the Parkway? Ah Memories!!:D

Lovely:rolleyes:...Stag and Hen nites aplenty,more drunks with more puke on the pavements.

If it is the dreaded killer mink of Limerick.The ones that can attack dogs and horses,according to our local press and councilers.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Best thing to do ..Just burn,out demolish ,concrete over the whole dump,until somone wants to build somthing there.

Hehe I remember that story in the papers. Tales of mink taking down horses in Limerick and how they would be a serious threat to people at night.

Nine foot tall mink with lightening bolts coming from their backsides. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,050 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Watch out for these Feckers in Limerick...:eek::D

It has claws as big as cups
    It has four ears, two for listening and two "are sort of back-up ears". Some might be on the inside of its head
    It has a retractable leg so it "can leap up at you better"
    It has magnets on its tail, so "if you're made out of metal, it can attach itself to you"
    It lights up at night
    It has a tremendous fear of stamps
    Its yawn sounds like Liam Neeson chasing a load of hens around inside a barrel
    It has no mouth, but instead has four arses
    It only has eyebrows on Saturdays
    It lives "on the place where there should be moors"
    The locals think it is some sort of giant fox
    It makes a "terrible howling noise"
    It is the size of a jaguar [the cat not the car]
    It has got big white teeth, as sharp as knives

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Are you one of the Rubberbandits? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭Tango Alpha 51

Grizzly 45 wrote: »

Bringing back some memories there Grizzly. Don't forget the D Club which used to be in the Glentworth, original schooners nightclub (pre Doc's) in the Granary, Termites etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

And who can forget the break your arms !

• Advertisement

kilburn wrote: »
    And who can forget the break your arms !

Was that the Desmond Arms? The place that had the snooker tables upstairs?

Break Your face is Baker Place to me.

Advertisement