Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity rooms shut down due to rat infestation!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Kess73 wrote: »
    Was that the Desmond Arms? The place that had the snooker tables upstairs?

Break Your face is Baker Place to me.

Thats it Break Your Face was Baker Place and the Break Your Arms was the Desmond Arms, also had cheers in there if i remember right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

my frist time ever going out in Limerick was to the Henry Cecil, was about 16 and we got in (tucking your shirt into your pants and having a few days bum fluff was enough back then apparently) and a guy got stabbed that very night, never went back lol Ironically I lived in the building when it became an apartment block a few years back. remember Docs circa 1998 when they had to serve food, you got spaghetti bolognese! who the fcuk ever decided giving drunk people spaghetti was a good idea :pac: remember having to go there before 9pm cos the bouncers didnt start till then so you could sit there sipping on one drink until it got busier :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

krudler wrote: »
    my frist time ever going out in Limerick was to the Henry Cecil, was about 16 and we got in (tucking your shirt into your pants and having a few days bum fluff was enough back then apparently) and a guy got stabbed that very night, never went back lol Ironically I lived in the building when it became an apartment block a few years back. remember Docs circa 1998 when they had to serve food, you got spaghetti bolognese! who the fcuk ever decided giving drunk people spaghetti was a good idea :pac: remember having to go there before 9pm cos the bouncers didnt start till then so you could sit there sipping on one drink until it got busier :pac:

Was a guy shot in there in the mid to late 90's as well.:eek:

Saw a crazy "disagreement" spill out of there on night. Two gentlemen had beaten seven bells out of each other and came out the door still swinging.

One got the better of the other, and the loser headed off up Cecil street swearing vengence and all sorts of nasty things. He went to a parked car and smashed the window, got in, and within a minute or so had it started. He then came flying down the one way street trying to hit the other guy with the car.

After a few near misses the guy on foot legged it around the corner onto Henry street and car boy was in hot pursuit. Have no idea what happened after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭The_Dave

Kess73 wrote: »
    Was a guy shot in there in the mid to late 90's as well.:eek:
    It was a woman shot and killed (not sure if it's insensitive after all these years so I won't post the name, it should be easy enough to find anyway).

As for spag bol being served in Docs, I don't recall that, i do remember it ALWAYS being chili con carne though and being thrown out one night for trying to drag a girl (who snuck into the kitchen for extras) out of there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭sioda

it was always chilli in docs god twas awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,050 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Mc Love wrote: »
    Are you one of the Rubberbandits? :D

Iwish!!No its Fr Dougal Mac Guires description of the Craggy Island beast.
    from the episode "chirpy burpy cheap sheep" in Father Ted.
    Just thought it was appropriate.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

sioda wrote: »

Hottest chilli known to man. God help you if you ran out of drink to wash it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

wow this thread went off topic fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

and heres me thinking all five pages were about Trooms. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

sioda wrote: »

I was always off my head any time I was in there, so food wasn't high on my list of priority's. Saw the chilli but never tasted the chilli.....

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

I was always off my head any time I was in there, so food wasn't high on my list of priority's. Saw the chilli but never tasted the chilli.....

:D

Drugs are bad, M'kay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

<snip> :D

My bad! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Which came first, the rats or the enforcement order from the Food Safety Authority? Or a bit of both?

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/food-safety-authority-serves-11-enforcement-orders-in-june-511735.html

Neither :D

I have it on good authority the "legal" issues keeping Trinity rooms is closed is nothing to do with the rats etc...can't say much more than that though.

I am also privvy to such information - hope the truth will come out at some stage

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Jagle wrote: »
    i will if you want haha..

we all know its BS, they closed for 2 months last summer for "renovation" moved the dj box that was done in two weeks and remained closed, they cant afford to keep in business, but dont give up hope just yet, its august and september soon, licensing month

Comfirmation of permanent closure in the Leader today.
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/50_jobs_to_go_as_limerick_nightclub_calls_time_1_2987863

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Naryclaire

Charming way to treat their staff that.... can someone PM me the 'real' reason? I am feeling very out of the loop here, though I did hear rumours of stuff going in there on a few months ago...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Who actually owns Trinity Rooms? Last I heard it was Joe Clarke but I could defo be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

I just can't believe that they can't pay the redundancy to the staff they let go! It's just so unprofessional! First they close for the reason that shall remain unmentioned, now this? Bad form Trinners...bad form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

yes but if it is to reopen, say under new managment now is the time in which the legal stuff would be sorted to open in september, again, i know trinity is gone, but if its to reopen this year itll have to be sorted soon

• Advertisement

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Who actually owns Trinity Rooms? Last I heard it was Joe Clarke but I could defo be wrong.

he was only ever a manager there, and left about 2 years ago to work on his own management company, he manages the rubberbandits

Skintwin wrote: »
    I just can't believe that they can't pay the redundancy to the staff they let go! It's just so unprofessional! First they close for the reason that shall remain unmentioned, now this? Bad form Trinners...bad form.

they were always **** to the staff, people who left keeping money owed to them, god forbid you ever left yoru job there 2+ months for a p45 was the minimum you would be waiting

Jagle wrote: »
    they were always **** to the staff, people who left keeping money owed to them, god forbid you ever left yoru job there 2+ months for a p45 was the minimum you would be waiting
    Jesus! i didn't realise they were that bad!
    I never really liked Trinity Rooms anyway, but still, it's ridiculous! :mad:

Skintwin wrote: »
    Jesus! i didn't realise they were that bad!
    I never really liked Trinity Rooms anyway, but still, it's ridiculous! :mad:

i really wont go on, i never worked there thank god, but i know plenty of ex staff, from floor staff to managers, the stories are shocking, tho it wasnt all bad i do agree, but always with a hint of dirty about them

Like other certain nightclubs then?

such as

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Mc Love wrote: »
    I am also privvy to such information - hope the truth will come out at some stage

Same here, i guess we could just let the masses know? I don't know if we should though.

Anyway, it might say it in the leader article but i cant access it as the site seems to be down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Limericks wrote: »
    Anyway, it might say it in the leader article but i cant access it as the site seems to be down.

IT doesn't. Best not to say it incase you're accused of bad mouthing the owners or whatever!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mod Note: Post nothing dodgy here please. What ye say in PMs stays private, but be very careful about what ye post on the forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Mod Note: Post nothing dodgy here please. What ye say in PMs stays private, but be very careful about what ye post on the forum.

not dodgy heard it from the horses mouth but I'll leave it alone then until it comes out, as it will eventually!

Advertisement