Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity rooms shut down due to rat infestation!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Note: Post nothing dodgy here please. What ye say in PMs stays private, but be very careful about what ye post on the forum.

Yeah IO is dead right. I mean where would it stop? Before we know it there would be rumours of an individual having relations with a Cygnus olor on a Limerick slipway.

It would be a dark day if such a rumour were to start, I for one am glad of our Insect Overlords and welcome them to our planet.;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Kess73 wrote: »
    It would be a dark day if such a rumour were to start, I for one am glad of our Insect Overlords and welcome them to our planet.;)

Like I said, what's written in PMs is none of mine or anyone else's business. ;)

Like I said, what's written in PMs is none of mine or anyone else's business. ;)

Really?

Even if there are photo shopped genuine pictures of a certain individual with certain avians?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Mc Love wrote: »
    I am also privvy to such information - hope the truth will come out at some stage

I've gotta ask...what's the story with Trooms?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Mr. K wrote: »
    I've gotta ask...what's the story with Trooms?!

Me too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

Resi12 wrote: »
    Me too!

And Me!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Vanolder wrote: »
    And finally if someone wants to pm me some dirt on trinity rooms that would be great, I love a good gossip I does.

Me too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Me too!!!
    I would also like to know please! It might be faster for someone just to pm everyone on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

Sure add everyone in the thread to the PM and we can have a big group goss over Trinners :p

Anyway, it all ended for me when they got rid of the rain bar after the renovation last year. Many a successful night started by flicking that water at an unsuspecting lady. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I'd also like to be in on this gossip :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I WANT TO KNOW :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I'd love to know too. I had a few friends working there that weren't told anything and they really needed the job. 1 also said he'd never seen a rat there in all his time. it would be good closure for them, excuse the pun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

I want to know so that in future if someone asks me I can tap my nose and wink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,036 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I want to know so I can nod knowingly along with others when discussing the alleged scandal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

I couldn't give a rats ass :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Mod Note: Post nothing dodgy here please. What ye say in PMs stays private, but be very careful about what ye post on the forum.

yeah, it might put a thriving business at risk..oh wait..

(just kidding)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

vkid wrote: »
    yeah, it might put a thriving business at risk..oh wait..

(just kidding)

Nothing to do with putting a business at risk this time, obviously! :) But there can be serious legal repercussions if certain information (even if it's true) is published inappropriately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Nothing to do with putting a business at risk this time, obviously! :) But there can be serious legal repercussions if certain information (even if it's true) is published inappropriately.

Couldn't the people who do know just put "allegedly" in whatever comment they make? Is that not allowed? It would not be offered as proof, just allegedly...

ps i wanna know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Yeah pm me, my curiosity is getting the better of me.

phill106 wrote: »
    Couldn't the people who do know just put "allegedly" in whatever comment they make? Is that not allowed? It would not be offered as proof, just allegedly...

ps i wanna know!

Irish laws regarding the Internet, defamation, contempt of court, etc, are a complete and total pain in this arse.

For instance, if a business/group/individual was involved in a current court action, something like this could happen: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72068212

There are a few big threads in the Mods' forum about it. In a nutshell, we have to be over-cautious about stuff.

• Advertisement

Irish laws regarding the Internet, defamation, contempt of court, etc, are a complete and total pain in this arse.

For instance, if a business/group/individual was involved in a current court action, something like this could happen: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72068212

There are a few big threads in the Mods' forum about it. In a nutshell, we have to be over-cautious about stuff.

You better be cautious buddy, Bird Watch Ireland and the BTO* are keeping a close eye on your bird watching techniques. :mad:

*Made even funnier for me as I am involved with both.:p

Those swan pictures are going to haunt me for years, aren't they? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭geotrig

:Djesus someone tell me i gotta know ! just a curious basterd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Ah share the love guys! (PM please :))

Those swan pictures are going to haunt me for years, aren't they? :D

If someone is nice enough to do a really good photo shop job on them for me, then yes they are. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Sickened I missed the gossip! :(

Sickened I missed the gossip! :(

You didn't miss anything. It was never posted here. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

PM greatly appreciated on the goss re Trooms...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

if people really wanted to know they would take the time and effort to PM those who know!

But saying that, it wouldnt be given to blow-ins :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

I wana mention it but I think I will keep it to myself. I was told the information in confidence so I think that's where it should stay. Sorry guy's. As I heard it from the horses mouth (Not trooms) i'm gonna keep this one under my hat. I am sure other people know though and can aprise you, just not me this time so please stop with the pm's :P

Advertisement