Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Docks In Silage

• 14-06-2011 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

We're near ready to call in the contractor to cut/bale our silage... I noticed a good few docks this year, more than I've noticed before... I presume it's too late now but when is it best to treat to kill them off and what spray would be best??

Will they have much affect on the quality of the baled silage or just a waste of NP&K growing them??

Also have a patch of nettles from where dung was dumped in emergency years ago...would same spray kill these also??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Big_Evil

Way too late now alright, ideally should be done a min 4 weeks in advance of cutting silage - also, expect an impact on yield.

Best time is to get them when they are still sappy and not yet gone to seed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

thanks... have to remember that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

What about dealing with them in the regrowth after cutting? or are they best treated in the spring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

When we were kids, we used to have the job of picking the docks and thistles out of the swarts by hand. It was a hateful job but its amazing what you will do for the opportunity to drive the tractor around the field when you are 8 years of age!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

been there, done that, but was too small to be let drive the tractor :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

JohnBoy wrote: »
    been there, done that, but was too small to be let drive the tractor :(

God I thought we were the only family who had to do that.:D

Advertisement