Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* History (OL) predictions / discussion / aftermath * (1 thread please)

• 14-06-2011 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Created thread just to help people focus on certain topics for tomorrow
    right now ive just finished the EU section Dictatorship and democracy in Europe so il post up my thoughts on that plus my teachers perdictions, hes never been wrong in the past so i have faith in him,
    sadly not everyone has covered this part of Europe so if anyone wishs to add there thoughts on what will come up , in Europe,Irish or American History feel free to post :)
    EU and the wider world , Dictatorship and Democracy in Europe
    Short questions (30) marks
    random 5 questions , easy done

Paragraphy question (30) marks :
    my predictions from covering the past papers 2006-2010
    tomorrow will have :
    The Vichy France Goverment 1940-1945
    Church State Relations under Mussolini
    Or Vladimir Lenin

these 3 topics were in all the papers until 2009, each one had 1 or more covered from 2006-2009
    in 2010 none of the above topics came up, so its my strong belief that most definitly 1 of the 3 will make a show in tomorrows paper

Essay question (40) marks :
    Stalin and show trials (study whole section very easy question)
    how did the Numemberg rallies support/propaganda the nazi regime?
    What did charlie chaplin and/or bing crosby contribute to entertainment.

from 2006-2009 stalin and his show trials came up every year, in one form or another, strongly suggust you read through it if you like Russian history, as its an easy essay to write.Didnt appear in 2010 paper,and appeared in the 4 years previous, odds are it will come up.

Numemberg Rallies support/Propaganda the nazi regime , came up every year except for 2010 , shows good odds of coming up for tomorrow

What did charlie chaplin and/or bing crosby contribute to entertainment ,
    came up in 2007 and 2009 , didnt appear in 2010 , it possibly comes up every 2 years since the new course was made for 2006? prediction that this will come up for tomorrow, its my backup essay though since i dont like that sort of history.

For the Document question : My history teacher predicted that the Coleraine Unversity will be coming up, the sunningdale agreement came up in 2010 when the 3 case studys came in for 2010-2011 exams, so its highly perdicted that the sunningdale agreement wont show its face tomorrow but its 50/50 now between coleraine unversity and the apprentice boys of derry , my bets are on coleraine but i will read over the apprentice boys before the exam.

anyway all these are predictions so please dont just take my word for it, this is what i plan on studying for the EU section.as i believe they will come up .

will post what i think will come up for irish section by 9pm , i cant predict anything on america at the moment , but safe to say i will be studying the moon landing and the montgomery bus boycott. Also 2-3 key personalitys of presidents involved highly with vietnam.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Happy.k

hey i predicted nealy everything tou've perdicted, and thanks for the tip off bout the show trials!, for irish section ( pursuit of sovernty and impact of partition) im lerning educaion eucharistic congress and irish language (that will cover anything social/ cuture which almost always comes up) and im doing the treaty negotiations with civil war and a bit on collins ( again a question combining the three always comes up)... :D heres a little webpage with everything bout education and irish language, i just took bits from it myself! http://multitext.ucc.ie/d/Ireland_culture__religion_1912-49

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭unknowntoown

Happy.k wrote: »
    hey i predicted nealy everything tou've perdicted, and thanks for the tip off bout the show trials!, for irish section ( pursuit of sovernty and impact of partition) im lerning educaion eucharistic congress and irish language (that will cover anything social/ cuture which almost always comes up) and im doing the treaty negotiations with civil war and a bit on collins ( again a question combining the three always comes up)... :D heres a little webpage with everything bout education and irish language, i just took bits from it myself! http://multitext.ucc.ie/d/Ireland_culture__religion_1912-49

For irish History , the pursuit of sovernty and impact of partition
    para :
    Arthur Griffith
    countess markivchiz ( cant spell her name but you know her ..)
    war of independence
    civil war

Those 4 above are highly predicted for tomorrow, obviously not all them will but study those 4 and your sorted

Essays :
    belfast during ww2
    Eucharistic congress
    treaty negotiations
    patrick pearse during easter rising , his role in it.

For american history : i just cant predict anything
    but too help this can cover it

study 2-3 presidents key personalitys, ( try stick with the presidents focused on vietnam and the moon landing)
    guarrenteed a question of one of them will come up in a paragraph or essay

for essays, just learn off vietnam with the presidents involved in it, the moon landing (cold war) and the montgomery bus boycott.

of course there is more but my teacher didnt cover all of american history with us so i had to read on my self basicly just picked out the 3 big events, study them and you will more then likly get a paragraph and essay on them

to above poster: ya the EU section is very easy to predict :) list my predictions back up with yours :) lets get those A1s tomorrow ;):)
    good luck man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Cardor

The Vichy France Goverment 1940-1945

France during world war II came up in 2010.. that's the same question just phrased differently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Gazza12792

How long do the essays have to be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭unknowntoown

did ordinary level
    but my god i thought it was so easy
    should get a b1-a2 hopfully :) was my aim anyway :D
    questions were all my predictions so it worked out nicely for last minute cramming :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement