Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headphone jack tip stuck in Samsung I5500 Galaxy Europa

Options
  • 14-06-2011 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Hey, a while ago i got the tip of a headphone jack stuck in the headphone socket of my Samsung I5500 Galaxy Europa. Since then i can't play music, any media music or calls. Even when I make a call the mic is shut off presumably trying to use the non existent headphones as the mic. I brought it to O2 and was told that it would be €60 for them to take a look at it but not guarantee a fix. I sent it to Fonemenders and was quoted €35 for a fix but after 2 weeks of messing me around they said they can't fix it and sent it to Samsung to try, Samsung now want €130 to fix it and the phone only cost me €120!

So now, being desperate, does anyone know anywhere around the Dublin area that might be able to save my phone? its basically only good for texting as the headphone jack is the only thing wrong with it? Or does anyone have any not to extreme recommendations as to how to get the piece out?

Thanks,

nim

Comments

Advertisement