Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crysis Crashing with Windows 7 (64)

• 14-06-2011 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭

I hope I'm stating this query in the right place . . .

I am trying to play Crysis (1), but I'm only getting as far as being prompted to "press any key to continue" and then my PC crashes.

My technical knowledge is paltry, so if anyone can offer a solution to this issue, I'd be very grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

What RAM and Graphics card have you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

Hi,

Can you give some more information besides crashing. Is the computer freezing or is it memory dumping (Blue Screen)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Leopardi

RAM: 3.9 GB

Card: GE FORCE GT340

When I get to the loading screen for 'Contact' I'm asked to press any key. When I do the screen goes blank and I cannot exit from it without turning off the computer.

Thanks for the replies...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

Hi,

Your RAM anf graphics card look to be ok (Mind you I am not an expert on graphics cards so I am open to correction on that)

I would suggest the following:

(1) Visit Microsoft's website and download the latest version of DirectX

(2) Visit your Graphics Card manufacturers website and download the latest drivers for your card.

When you have all of that done, give a quick reboot and try again!

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Try running the 64 bit Crysis, it ran much smoother for me. Launch the Crysis.exe in the bin64 folder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Have you installed the patches for this.. I had serious issues with this program on XP a couple of years ago.. I went through all the forums, spent ages trying to get it to work.. They released a patch for it, and my problems were instantly solved... Should have been a recall if they'd been honest about it..

So first things to try.. Update your DirectX, graphics driver, and most importantly the Crysis patches..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Yeah theres a patch that fixes this, the vista 64bit one works too afaik

Thanks for the latest replies. I managed to fix the problem, but now I'm confronting issues with frame rate - it's very sluggish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

have a look at this to see if your specs are up to it

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Thanks for that link. Having tried that test, my system seems fine and passes the recommended settings criteria.

Is there any way to improve the frame rate of the game without using low settings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,329 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Leopardi wrote: »
    Thanks for that link. Having tried that test, my system seems fine and passes the recommended settings criteria.

Is there any way to improve the frame rate of the game without using low settings?
    upgrade your hardware? Otherwise no, you will have to reduce some setting or another to improve the framerate.

Advertisement