Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social scene in Sligo

Options
  • 14-06-2011 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I recently moved to Sligo. I'm male and single in my late 30s. Most pubs I call into seem to be almost always full of men or couples. How do Sligo women in their 30s meet men?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Hmmm, you looking for a social scene or a pick up scene?!

Suppose Velvet on a Saturday night would be your best bet or the Garavogue/Fiddlers/Kennedys on the weekends, I've never tried 'meeting' a lady in her 30's but if I wanted to then they would be the first places I'd try :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Not in here anyway :pac::pac:

Get loaded and go to Shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Hmmm, you looking for a social scene or a pick up scene?!

Suppose Velvet on a Saturday night would be your best bet or the Garavogue/Fiddlers/Kennedys on the weekends, I've never tried 'meeting' a lady in her 30's but if I wanted to then they would be the first places I'd try :pac:

Velvets is too noisy unless you head out to the smoking area. Garavogue would be my first choice, from what I have been told of course.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

irish-stew wrote: »
    Velvets is too noisy unless you head out to the smoking area. Garavogue would be my first choice, from what I have been told of course.

In fairness to Velvet, its not that loud inside by comparison to toffs or the like. You don't need to scream at each other to be heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

In fairness to Velvet, its not that loud inside by comparison to toffs or the like. You don't need to scream at each other to be heard.

True. Its a nicer atmosphere inside generally.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

irish-stew wrote: »

I find the Garavogue outrageously noisy, still beats the nightclubs though.

When I think about it though I suppose I only go out at home on busy nights (BHs, Christmas etc... ) so it's bound to be that bit busier/noisier everywhere.

OP, try the Belfry- it used to be my regular and there always seemed to be plenty of ladies there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I find the Garavogue outrageously noisy, still beats the nightclubs though.

When I think about it though I suppose I only go out at home on busy nights (BHs, Christmas etc... ) so it's bound to be that bit busier/noisier everywhere.

OP, try the Belfry- it used to be my regular and there always seemed to be plenty of ladies there!

Meh!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

It also depends on what your scene is though-certain Sligo pubs will attract certain types of peoples!e.g. Shoots/Hargadons/Fureys will attract a different clientele Belfry/McHughs/Shennanigans crowd.

Agree with Alaskimo & Irish-Stew, Garavogue is your best non-nightclub option, though it can get pretty noisy and busy....(hello old age....:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ben Yafa

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sioga999

I agree. I was living in Sligo in my late twenties and it seemed everyone was coupled off. People tend to pair off here younger than in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Sioga999 wrote: »
    I agree. I was living in Sligo in my late twenties and it seemed everyone was coupled off. People tend to pair off here younger than in Dublin.

There's been no activity in this thread since 2011! Zombie thread, locked!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement