Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox live 1 month €1?

Options
  • 14-06-2011 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

I became a free member a few weeks ago and was going to just grab a few more months off cheap live codes but notice that there is an offer for one month renewal based offer for 1 euro a month of gold.
    It does state under the details that the credit card/paypal details can be cancelled at any time.

I was wondering, how easy is this?
    Or has anyone bought this offer before? (obviously if your gold you won't see it on the dashboard)
    Realistically what's stopping me from giving them my details, getting the offer and then deleting it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

I was signed up on a deal a couple of years ago and in order to cancel the credit card mandate, I had to phone a UK number, wait on hold about twenty minutes and then try to sort it out. So it's up to yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Sunshine! wrote: »
    I was signed up on a deal a couple of years ago and in order to cancel the credit card mandate, I had to phone a UK number, wait on hold about twenty minutes and then try to sort it out. So it's up to yourself!

Heard something similar a while back too, but also heard that the system had been readjusted to make it as easy as deleting the details off the website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

It was around last September I rang them up to cancel, as the previous August I'd bought a new Elite and got gold with it. It was *meant* to be done online at that stage, but I can't vouch for if that's how it is now, but as an ROI gamer had no choice but to ring up :s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

You're allowed to cancel renewal :p

As soon as you avail of the offer, just call Xbox Support Ireland (Not a UK number) and they'll be more than happy to cancel your renewal, no questions asked. Yeah, you'll be on the phone for 10/15 mins, but sure it's a free number :)

You used to be able to do it on the website, but now it's all over the phone.

I've had to call them to cancel auto-renewal twice over the past 3 months. It's hassle-free, and the call centre people have always made me laugh :) The last time was when you could get about 6 months of LIVE for €1 each. The guy in the call centre guessed that I was calling about that offer (since so many people had called that day to cancel renewal), and he said he was hoping it was still available when he got home :D (Don't think it was!)

Aaaaaanyway, phone number is +353 12420758 or 1 800 509 186

http://support.xbox.com/en-ie/pages/call-us.aspx

By the way, your card details will still be stored on the console. You won't be charged for anything, but the details will still be there for future purchases

Advertisement