Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another first wedding

• 14-06-2011 6:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

Went fairly well for my first. It was a friend so I'm confident enough they will be happy.
    I was happy enough with the group shots. Did all the flowers shoes etc but didn't get to do the rings but will do them later in a light box.

5833388970_ca8a45f9f1_z.jpg

5833389266_f48aa2b5dd_z.jpg

5832836447_4240946009_z.jpg

5832836771_d56bc8a6ac_z.jpg

5833390128_a1f8362ec0_z.jpg

Just thought I put a few up as a taste of the day.

No real adjustment done to them, might colour correct a little and try to get rid of any shine on skin but I was reasonably happy for my first attempt.
    C + C welcome so long as its reasonably positive ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

well done!

they'll be pretty happy with those photographs.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Very nice and well done on your first. Solid set of pictures, I wouldnt have any complaints about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Good stuff Colm... Nice set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

They're great! Though I'd decrease the exposure on the last one to show details in the dress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Excellent shots. Very crisp and sharp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Beautiful set of shots, your Canon 1D mk4 superb

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭VisionaryP

Excellent, well done. If I was to offer one piece of (minor) advice, it would be to not crop so close to the heads on 2, 3 and 4.

Exposure in the final one is perfect, by the way, it's the best of the set. Kelly1's monitor calibration may be slightly off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

great photos Colm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

VisionaryP wrote: »
    Exposure in the final one is perfect, by the way, it's the best of the set. Kelly1's monitor calibration may be slightly off.
    That's your opinion, I have mine. Just compare the dress details in shots 4 and 5. I think it's a great shot and I think it would be perfect if the exposure was dropped a 1/3 or 2/3. IMO...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Many thanks for the comments.

I did crop a little tight in a few shots so I can take that out a bit.

I haven't really played around with any of the yet so I might just tweak a few things.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭VisionaryP

kelly1 wrote: »
    That's your opinion, I have mine. Just compare the dress details in shots 4 and 5. I think it's a great shot and I think it would be perfect if the exposure was dropped a 1/3 or 2/3. IMO...
    It's further out, so obviously the detail will be different. Not one speck of it is overexposed. It's perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i would say 4 is slightly under and 5 is spot on in terms of exposure

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Bipo

Lovely photos well done....you survived :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Mr Boswell, can you list what gear you used on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Yep.
    Canon Mk3, Mk4
    17-35mm 2.8
    24-70mm 2.8 (thanks Paul!)
    70-200mm 2.8 for speeches
    580II speedlite
    580 speedlite as back up, not used very much (thanks Paul!)

Use a colourspace UDMA to back the cards up.

Had a 50mm 1.8 but never got to use it as the bride and groom didn't want to spend to long away and wanted to get back to the party!

If I had a 3rd body I would have the 50mm on it.

Had a stand and softbox in the car in case it was really sunny but time didn't permit and didn't want to hold up the couple as I got what they wanted.

Didn't bring the elinchroms as I think id prefer the speedlites for ease of movement.

Advertisement