Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Minecraft.net down

• 14-06-2011 7:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭

Just an fyi Lulzsec http://twitter.com/#!/lulzsec just took down Minecraft login servers and the site, as well as EvE-Online and the Escapist Magazine

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭EmatoelDiablo

VinLieger wrote: »
    Just an fyi Lulzsec http://twitter.com/#!/lulzsec just took down Minecraft login servers and the site, as well as EvE-Online and the Escapist Magazine

Just tried to get on... Goddammit bastard men of Lulzsec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

working for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

OK now they've pissed me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Im doubly pissed i play eve as well, meh theyll eventually piss off too many communities with enough techie experience to go back after them

Soby wrote: »
    working for me

Are you logged in? If so don't exit just yet.

• Advertisement

I dont get it who are they?.Just go around crashing websites for the craic ?

Pretty much.. they were behind the recent bethesda attack

working for me
    Is that Minecraft.net Or the login server that works for you..?

Are you logged in? If so don't exit just yet.

I did and opened it back up again.Still working fine

Botulism wrote: »
    Is that Minecraft.net Or the login server that works for you..?

both

Yup an offshoot of 4chan/anonymous who just dont give a ****, at least the others cared about their supporters enough not to **** with em

Edit: Minecraft seems to be back up again for me

• Advertisement

he saying the website is up but servrers down.Mines working fine

Back up now...... we've made it through these tough times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Minecraft nerds 1, Hacker nerds 0

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tankran

Dont **** with the minecraft jesus thats like sending a death threat to boxxy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

This is the first I have heard of these guys but I do not like them. Motives with very little substance. They are just egoistic idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    This is the first I have heard of these guys but I do not like them. Motives with very little substance. They are just egoistic idiots.

They've been taking sites down all week. They're going to end up with a lot of enemies if they carry on as they are.

They've been taking sites down all week. They're going to end up with a lot of enemies if they carry on as they are.

Yea as soon as I heard about them... I checked out their twitter. It seems that they have been asking their followers to name people for them to attack.

Tankran wrote: »
    Dont **** with the minecraft jesus thats like sending a death threat to boxxy!

ahhh Boxxy <3

Logging in is fine for me... It's connecting to the server that is a problem!

Having huge problems trying to get on to the server. I can get on to it and see peoples chat but I can't chat myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Having huge problems trying to get on to the server. I can get on to it and see peoples chat but I can't chat myself.
    Oh no, you can. Except the lag is so much that you won't see it for ages.
    I'd figure a reboot might help, but unsure.

It's annoying to me that the only place that I have been getting information about this attack is through Lulzsec's twitter. Where is Notch? What is he up to? This is quite important.

Ok, now I can't even get onto the server?!? Has it crashed?

try mine ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

The general consensus from web media seems to be that these are just DDoS attacks (which is pretty lame). If this is the case then login data should be fine. The well publicised security problems the web has been having for the last year or so (including and certainly not limited to Boards.ie) just goes to show that we can't really be reusing passwords any more. Anything that has necessarily private data, credit card details, and your e-mail accounts need to have unique passwords.

Well they claim to have grabbed a ton of brink client info and taken some of bethesdas source code however dont think anyone has managed to confirm this yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

VinLieger wrote: »
    Well they claim to have grabbed a ton of brink client info and taken some of bethesdas source code however dont think anyone has managed to confirm this yet

I was referring to todays attacks being DDoS. (Bethesda and Brink weren't today)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Why MC :(

Article from arstechnica.com
    Titanic Takeover Tuesday: LulzSec's busy day of hacking escapades

By Peter Bright | Published about an hour ago

Lulz Security, the hacking group apparently motivated by nothing more than their desire to laugh at the mayhem they cause, has had a busy day in an event they called Titanic Takeover Tuesday. Taking a break from their dumps of user data and server break-ins, today saw the group perform a bunch of distributed denial of service attacks against a range of targets.
    First up—and still only intermittently available at the time of writing—was gaming magazine The Escapist, with no apparent reason for the attack. LulzSec boasted that taking down the site required just 0.4 percent of its DDoS capacity.
    Next in line were the login servers for the game EVE Online. The effect of this attack was to bring down the EVE Online website at the same time, though LulzSec insists that this was not the actual target. In response to the DDoS, CCP Games, makers of EVE, have taken all their systems offline, for fear that they might be hacked. The company has also issued a statement to assure customers that their personal information remains secure.
    The third target—and the only one for which the group has offered a rationale beyond "lulz"—is an IT security company named Finfisher. Their site was taken down, briefly, because "apparently they sell monitoring software to the government or some **** like that."
    Gamers were once more in the crosshairs with the fourth target; more login servers, this time for Minecraft. Just as with EVE Online, going after the login servers also took out the game's website.
    The pattern was repeated for the fifth target; login servers for the game League of Legends were knocked offline, a move which also brought down the game's website.
    The result of all this? Lot of enraged gamers complaining about the downtime, and hence, many lulz for Lulz Security. Going after gaming targets hasn't made the group universally popular; posters on 4chan's /b/ forum, who might normally be sympathetic to lulz-motivated shenanigans, attempted to hunt LulzSec down. LulzSec dismissed the "/b/tards" as "damn furries," saying that they were the cream of the /b/ crop from 2005, distancing themselves from the /b/tards of today.

• Advertisement

try mine ?

Yeah I can get on to that. Boards server must be down.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Can't log in at all at the mo. A few tweets going around, think the login servers are mostly down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Yeah, the coders said they were taking them down for migration hours ago

I'm on now, but it's going a little bit slow

"Login server is currently rather busy due to it lazily migrating data from last night's update. It'll be fine in due course."

"Login server is up, albeit a bit slow at the moment. Changes are being made to remedy this. In the meantime, hang in there."

"Login server should be working better now."
    http://twitter.com/#!/mollstam

Also this :rolleyes:
    http://isminecraftdown.net/

Lol @ the last link!

God EVE Online are really getting hammered hard!!!
    LulzSec The Lulz Boat

Eve Online login servers are completely obliterated, looks like their website got knocked off via overkill: eveonline.com #EVEning

44 minutes ago

• Advertisement

God EVE Online are really getting hammered hard!!!

Yup **** those ****ing ****ers

Advertisement