Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile phone insurance

Options
  • 14-06-2011 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

hi there,
    just bought a htc desire s on prepay from three and i'm wondering what the best option on insurance is. the three store were saying it was about 8 quid a month, but i had to buy mine in carphonewarehouse, who were quoting 13 or so a month. don't really fancy paying that much in all honesty, it seems far too much. can anyone recommend any other places that will cover accidental damage on a phone? i heard an ad on the radio the other day that quoted 80 quid/year for 5 "gadgets" bundled, but they didn't specify the terms and i can't remember the site name. all suggestions welcome, thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

www.gadgetinsurance.ie

Was looking at the site today, after the ad was heard on Radio Nova!

Not sure if it's any good though - will need to suss the T&C's...

3 told me it would be 81eur for the year to insure a Galaxy S II

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I'm probably posting in the wrong thread but mobile phone insurance IS A JOKE. My claim was approved over a week ago but apparently my phone (which I bought last December) is so old that they are having trouble finding a similar phone to replace it with. I found this out after 3 phone calls each one ending with the empty promise that they would contact me.

STILL NO PHONE. AAARRRGGGGG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

cofy wrote: »
    I'm probably posting in the wrong thread but mobile phone insurance IS A JOKE. My claim was approved over a week ago but apparently my phone (which I bought last December) is so old that they are having trouble finding a similar phone to replace it with. I found this out after 3 phone calls each one ending with the empty promise that they would contact me.

STILL NO PHONE. AAARRRGGGGG

Update - The replacement phone is still not in stock should be in sometime this week!!!! What kind of idiot decided to replace my phone with one that is not in stock. What is the point of insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

byte wrote: »
    www.gadgetinsurance.ie

Was looking at the site today, after the ad was heard on Radio Nova!

Not sure if it's any good though - will need to suss the T&C's...

3 told me it would be 81eur for the year to insure a Galaxy S II

That's a one off payment of €81 , to cover the year, more or less giving you 3 months free as opposed to paying €8.99 a month for the cover

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Magnos

My sister got an xperia ray a few weeks ago. it got water damaged and the shop said its so damaged they cannot fix it! and that because its a pay as you go phone you cannot insure it!

Is that correct?

• Advertisement
Advertisement