Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-Motivation

• 14-06-2011 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Ok, so I've two exams left, history and biology, and I'm just feel so tired that I can't seem to study. I sit down with good intentions, and end up day dreaming for an hour. An hour later I realize what has happened and try again; the same thing happens. I need to do some serious cramming for history, and I just can't motivate myself. Its really annoying, I was doing so well at the beginning of my exams, and through the week I've slipped up, getting feck all study done.
    I'm doing all the usual motivational tips like telling myself it will be worth it, trying to get interested in the topic, but I just end up day dreaming :/ I'm getting pretty stressed out as a result, and I need to learn off 5 essays by 2 o clock tomorrow..
    Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭Opics

Get off your arse and do some work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

These Exams are draining in every way

Just eat and sleep well and stay calm also remember to give yourself a break compromise with your brain and then it will allow you take information

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Just STUDY! Seriously, you're almost at the end, do you really want to give up now? I don't know when your last subject is, but either way, you'll be finished really soon and can leave it behind you. Save all your dreaming for the summer!

Stay calm. Take a deep breath. Focus for 40 minutes and learn something. Then walk away for a bit, and go back for another 40 minutes and learn something else. You'll get there, just stop over thinking it and sit down and study! Are you sitting down and trying to just read it? I find that I work much better if I read a sentence, and then go write it down. At least you're keeping yourself active while you're studying and you're less likely to go off day dreaming about something.

I am the same, by the way. I get my mother to remind me to stop procrastinating. But seriously... it's just a week or so out of your entire life. Just try your best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭GerardB

if you really can't study, then just relax, no point losing sleep or going into an exam tired. if you're well rested you'll be able to think and remember better

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fionn27

@flyaway

Thanks, thats good advice, I'll give it a shot now :) I'm finished the day after tomorrow, so yeah, if I can get down to it just 2 more days of this :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

If you did the work all year, don't worry about last minute cramming. Read over your essays, if you want, but don't stress out.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

. . .setting yourself small challenges is a good way to re-motivate yourself, such as drawing a fully labelled diagram, or writing out a list, or remembering ling definitions. . .also, short, regular sessions, with no computer, and no leaving the room for breaks works for me. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

good-grades-in-college.jpg

And

college.jpg

Equals

drugmoney.jpg

MONEY!!!

Which Equals...

Kaya-Scodelario.jpg

Wimmins!

How much more motivation do you need?

Advertisement